Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

Just now, axlslash said:

Because the Vamps have to work around Duff's schedule touring with Guns, which Cooper said in an interview months ago. The Vamps were supposed to play the Chicago 'burbs July 17 and didn't announce a reason for the cancellation. My guess is it's the non-compete radius for Summerfest, or it could be that the GNR tour got in the way.

This is a good point, but it does seem fishy, maybe matt will make a one off appearance at the Chi town show....i wonder if any other tour dates are planned....

4 minutes ago, Redout said:

i really do think matt is in at this point. Why would Hollywood Vampires be playing so close to the Chicago date in milwaukee? ( a day before, if eddy money is correct ) Both Matt and Duff play in the band.....

That would mean that Alice Cooper, Johnny Depp and Joe Perry is in GNR as well!
Alice Cooper-Aerosmith-Gilbert Grape-GNR reunion starts now!
;)

4 minutes ago, Redout said:

This is a good point, but it does seem fishy, maybe matt will make a one off appearance at the Chi town show....i wonder if any other tour dates are planned....

I don't think there's anything fishy. Matt pretty conclusively shot down the speculation that he's involved with his drumstick tweets. Working around one gunner's schedule is gonna look the same as working around two would, but at this point there is no reason other than wishful thinking to indicate that Matt is in.

1 minute ago, Redout said:

thats not what im saying, lol anyways lets move on haha.

Haha, I'm just playing.
For the record:
For me, the best scenario would be that Sorum was in. It would be the best of both worlds. It would tickle the nostalgia-nerve AND give hope that this "reunion" will give us more than just live shows.

Why wouldn't they have all those cables for rehearsal? Axl is the guy that made his entire band go through the complete show with pyro, confetti, etc. the night before Rock in Rio 01 just so he could watch and leave without saying a word...but some of you think that he's content with a garage band rehearsal for one of the biggest reunion in music history? 

• Like 1

Anybody else amazed by this last pic it has nothing to do with reheasring well maybe on a stage somewhere....

.keeps searching.....

3 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

Why wouldn't they have all those cables for rehearsal? Axl is the guy that made his entire band go through the complete show with pyro, confetti, etc. the night before Rock in Rio 01 just so he could watch and leave without saying a word...but some of you think that he's content with a garage band rehearsal for one of the biggest reunion in music history? 

Thats what I'm say ing something is happening before the vegas shows

What were just gonna leave those plugged in four 7 more days ....

2 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

+1
AND when bands are playing live (even at small clubs) it usually requires an absurd amount of cables. I can see that GNR requires this amount even if they were just rehearsing in a small studio.

Matt is definitely not in then. Saying he doesn't use those sticks, and saying they'll replace duff. 

Ferrer is 100% the drummer. I do think Adler will be involved somehow too, it seems obvious when he's so quiet, cancelled dates, trunk hinting, and his singer supposedly saying he's in. 

Edited by OJones90
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, warebel said:

most of fans want Matt be in, maybe he will replace Frank on some point!

I guess it is Axl's, Slash's and Duff's band at this point, not the fans' band, so what the fans want isn't exactly that important... but if we make a band ourselves I think we can easily get Matt and Steven and Izzy in, if only they agree.

let's see, Duff and Slash are very close with Matt for years and Axl was amazed by Matt's saving a life's band back in the day. He 'hated' Slash for years and now they are back so why not Matt? Frank can be the best drummer but he fucks up song after song and I hate that. I can't believe that Axl, Duff and Slash accept that deep inside

Has this been posted yet?

Speculation Mounts After Guns N’ Roses Tweet Photo of Drum Sticks
by Joe DiVita March 30, 2016 11:51 AM

Guns N’ Roses are a little more than a week away from debuting the new lineup featuring the return of Slash and bassist Duff McKagan.

There has yet to be an official announcement confirming who else is in the band, leaving speculation to run rampant amidst the ongoing rumors that original drummer Steven Adler will play a role in the new lineup.

The fire is glowing red hot as Guns N’ Roses tweeted out a set of Ahead brand drum sticks, leading to further speculation.

Fans were quick to respond to the image, tweeting at former drummer Matt Sorum, looking for confirmation that these are the same brand of sticks he played on the Use Your Illusion tour.

He reaffirmed the fan, but stated he no longer plays Ahead sticks and now uses Zildjian. Frank Ferrer, who has manned the sticks in the band since 2006, made a comment on the GN’R Instagram page that sent out the same image, stating he uses Vater sticks.

This all leaves the door open for the possibility of Adler’s return. In January radio host and metal icon Eddie Trunk stated, “My sources have told me current GnR drummer Frank Ferrer will be retained and play the bulk of the show, with perhaps a guest appearance from Steven Adler if a deal can be worked out.”

Earlier in March, the famous Whisky A Go Go announced Adler’s upcoming gig at the venue was canceled and they teased that a big announcement was coming alongside the hashtag #GunsNRoses.

Guns N’ Roses first show with the new lineup is slated for April 8 as the band will perform two consecutive nights at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas. They will also be playing two dates in Mexico as well as two performances at the Coachella festival.

No further dates have been announced, though they recently revealed a list of cities they’ll be hitting on the full North American run.

As if the rumors regarding the Guns N’ Roses lineup weren’t enough, the notion that Axl Rose will be fronting AC/DC as Brian Johnson‘s stand-in has been raging. After rumors picked up, they intensified this week when Rose was spotted leaving the same studio as the rest of AC/DC, who promised to make up their postponed tour dates likely with a new singer. Johnson was ordered to cease touring immediately or risk total hearing loss.

Read More: Speculation Mounts After GN'R Tweet Photo of Drum Sticks | loudwire.com/speculation-guns-n-roses-tweet-drum-sticks/?trackback=tsmclip

By process of elimination, the only person who hasn't denied using that brand of sticks is.........Mr. Steven Adler.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, axlslash said:

Has anyone posted the article based on this board's speculation? Nope. We just do the speculating directly. 

MyGnr has been the source to like 90% of the stuff circulating the press....it's hilarious.....:lol:

24 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

By process of elimination, the only person who hasn't denied using that brand of sticks is.........Mr. Steven Adler.

That's probably more to do with Adler not really being active on social media though. However I still believe he'll be involved.

3 hours ago, slash97 said:

That's probably more to do with Adler not really being active on social media though. However I still believe he'll be involved.

Well, if both Frank and Sorum denied using those sticks, it means there is another drummer other than Frank involved.

1 minute ago, Kasanova King said:

Well, if both Frank and Sorum denied using those sticks, it means there is another drummer other than Frank involved.

Frank posted a picture of his drum kit with a Slash guitar pick sitting on one of the drums this morning.

3 hours ago, axlslash said:

Frank posted a picture of his drum kit with a Slash guitar pick sitting on one of the drums this morning.

I'm not saying he's not involved...he obviously is.  But if he isn't using those sticks, someone else is...and it's not Matt Sorum.  So there is another drummer also involved.