Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

If they are getting between 3-5 million per shows, but they play a secret gig on Friday; I seriously doubt that they'd make anything close to that amount for it. Wouldn't other places throw a fit because of how much they're gonna pay them if they do a show for next to nothing? 

Either way, I'm stoked. I just hope everything is a lock for the tour.

20 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

Guys...he didn't just say no.  He posted Vater  AND hash-tagged them.  In Social Media world, that means he is saying the sticks are not his and that he uses Vater sticks.  Come on, this isn't that hard...it's clear as day.  No conspiracy here.

Fair enough, but I'm not really following a conspiracy though? As much as I follow GNR, when I get home and there's 9 new pages in this thread I just skip to the last 1 or 2 :tongue2:

That's interesting I guess though, since I took the context of his comment being towards the barrage of Adler comments. I guess I'm late to the conspiracy then if it's that Adler will guest and those are his sticks? Fuck it, I don't even care anymore, I can count the days on my fingers, April 8th is almost here, I'm so fucking excited I expect to make it through the day of the show on nothing but a water bottle and adrenaline, just bring on the fucking show already! :lol:

Edited by Gordon Comstock
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, zeppelinrocksnexttognr said:

If they are getting between 3-5 million per shows, but they play a secret gig on Friday; I seriously doubt that they'd make anything close to that amount for it. Wouldn't other places throw a fit because of how much they're gonna pay them if they do a show for next to nothing? 

They'd be playing a very paired down set, little to no stage production just balls to wall live music. Big shows would get the 'big show' treatment, there's huge costs involved in playing the other 21 dates that you don't have to factor in for a small club show in the city where all the members are based.

5 minutes ago, zeppelinrocksnexttognr said:

They get the money to pay GN'R via the huge ticket revenue from a stadium show.

Some of you guys really like to take an unsubstantiated fantasy and run with it! :)

The sticks-likely are Ahead sticks (even though it's Ahead GRIP TAPE that we see the logo on, which could be put on ANY brand of stick. That said, they look like Ahead sticks). Yes, they are linked to only Sorum of the past GnR drummers. But did anyone think maybe these particular sticks are just for another member (Dizzy? Axl?) to do random percussion parts with? Cowbell or something?

As far as the mic's on Slash's amps-looks exactly like how a skilled engineer would mic a guitar rig for a live show. (I should know, it's what I do for a living).

No conspiracy that they're recording new songs a week before the tour begins. It's called dress rehearsal. All hands on deck, all crew, doing it exactly as they will at the live shows to work out the bugs with FOH and monitors. This is what rehearsal is for.

Also no conspiracy that they're somehow prerecording tracks for the live show because amps are mic'd up professionally. Again, read my post above about rehearsal. Derp. Besides, why would they need prerecorded guitar tracks with 2-3 guitarists on stage? And one of them is a guy named SLASH?

I mean, it's fun to speculate and all, but some of you guys need to reign it in a bit lol.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Spirit said:

They get the money to pay GN'R via the huge ticket revenue from a stadium show.

They already signed a multimillion dollar contract with livenation/TM 

Their twitter and social media is being handle by TM advertising...its pointed and persise...

So...lets settle down a little.

Just now, flickn said:

They already signed a multimillion dollar contract with livenation/TM 

Their twitter and social media is being handle by TM advertising...its pointed and persise...

So...lets settle down a little.

I'm not sure what your point is?

I explained why GN'R could get paid $3 million dollars for a stadium show, while they most likely won't get that amount for a club show.

Do you think Live Nation would have shelled out millions of dollars for a deal with GN'R if they went on a club tour this summer? No, Live Nation get their money back from ticket sales from the stadium shows.

22 minutes ago, zeppelinrocksnexttognr said:

If they stream it live for free on the net massive exposure...were talking easily a few million viewers

1 minute ago, Spirit said:

I'm not sure what your point is?

I explained why GN'R could get paid $3 million dollars for a stadium show, while they most likely won't get that amount for a club show.

Do you think Live Nation would have shelled out millions of dollars for a deal with GN'R if they went on a club tour this summer? No, Live Nation get their money back from ticket sales from the stadium shows.

One club show streamed live at 3 million viewers 

MASSIVE exposure in one night

Think about it 

The internet age

/CSIGNR or something...lol

17 minutes ago, bbedwards said:

Some of you guys really like to take an unsubstantiated fantasy and run with it! :)

The sticks-likely are Ahead sticks (even though it's Ahead GRIP TAPE that we see the logo on, which could be put on ANY brand of stick. That said, they look like Ahead sticks). Yes, they are linked to only Sorum of the past GnR drummers. But did anyone think maybe these particular sticks are just for another member (Dizzy? Axl?) to do random percussion parts with? Cowbell or something?

As far as the mic's on Slash's amps-looks exactly like how a skilled engineer would mic a guitar rig for a live show. (I should know, it's what I do for a living).

No conspiracy that they're recording new songs a week before the tour begins. It's called dress rehearsal. All hands on deck, all crew, doing it exactly as they will at the live shows to work out the bugs with FOH and monitors. This is what rehearsal is for.

Also no conspiracy that they're somehow prerecording tracks for the live show because amps are mic'd up professionally. Again, read my post above about rehearsal. Derp. Besides, why would they need prerecorded guitar tracks with 2-3 guitarists on stage? And one of them is a guy named SLASH?

I mean, it's fun to speculate and all, but some of you guys need to reign it in a bit lol.

But... But.. But the sticks make an A... You saw that right?? :P

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, flickn said:

If they stream it live for free on the net massive exposure...were talking easily a few million viewers

Who would then be less likely to go see them in person....because they saw it for free on the good ole' internet.

And yes, I realize a stream may actually generate a few sales, but it's far more likley to work the other way around.  Get over the streaming dream folks. 

1 minute ago, tsinindy said:

Who would then be less likely to go see them in person....because they saw it for free on the good ole' internet.

And yes, I realize a stream may actually generate a few sales, but it's far more likley to work the other way around.  Get over the streaming dream folks. 

Im talking streaming one night....friday ....los angeles

1 minute ago, flickn said:

One club show streamed live at 3 million viewers 

MASSIVE exposure in one night

Think about it 

The internet age

/CSIGNR or something...lol

OK.... I'm not disagreeing with you about the above.

Not sure what your argument is though. GN'R will get $3 million for a club show?

I'm sure GN'R is happy to do a potential club show without demanding $3 million for it.

3 minutes ago, flickn said:

Im talking streaming one night....friday ....los angeles

OK, that actually makes a bit more sense....but I don't think there's going to be a gig Friday night in LA or anywhere.  But, let's say there is....the whole marketing strategy to this point has been very mysterious and secretive...but now everyone gets to see free.  You do have a good point about exposure and I'm not saying it's not a bad idea. I just don't see it happening based on their current strategy.

Edited by tsinindy
  • Like 1

Just now, tsinindy said:

OK, that actually makes a bit more sense....but I don't think there's going to be a gig Friday night in LA or anywhere.  But, let's say there is....the whole marketing strategy to this point has been very mysterious and secretive...but now everyone gets to see free.  You do have a good point about exposure and I'm not saying it's not a bad idea. I just don't see it happening based on their current strategy.

Metallica announced a streaming concert 4 days in advance and over 8 million people watched it

It was feb 6 th 2016 att park

If gnr could get a fraction of that viewing audience...monumental promotion..for the summer tour

1 minute ago, KiernanProud said:

I bet if they stream it it'll be only for nightrain members 

With ticketmaster running the show it would be a YouTube event...again just speculation

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, flickn said:

Metallicas stream was flawless...

Check out their feb 6 performance on YouTube

Their stream was flawless, but they are just not very exciting anymore....stale setlists for the most part, Kirk over-uses his effects pedal, James doesn't have much of an edge and Lars isn't able to play with the speed he once did....I watched most of the stream of the ATT Park Show and it was a snoozer.  But, I've seen Metallica live 25 times, so I got plenty of them in their prime really.   

18 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

Their stream was flawless, but they are just not very exciting anymore....stale setlists for the most part, Kirk over-uses his effects pedal, James doesn't have much of an edge and Lars isn't able to play with the speed he once did....I watched most of the stream of the ATT Park Show and it was a snoozer.  But, I've seen Metallica live 25 times, so I got plenty of them in their prime really.   

I agree for the most part, but I thought ATT was one of their better shows in recent memory... Kirk was a bit sloppy (solo wise), but the rest of the guys were pretty decent.

James's edge? I guess some artists keep their snarl throughout their career like Axl or MAYBE! a Lou reed :P but Hetfield lost his in rehab... he's still a riff machine and has phases where he's vocally on fire. Was watching moscow '91 earlier, I had forgotten how good they were back then! so much tighter! but I think they could be that tight (or close) if they Iron maidened their set and played the same set verbatim every night.