Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

2 minutes ago, AslatIE said:

Finally a Swede who didn't get pissed because I made a joke about you guys :D

Really? I thought that swedes generally didn't care about stuff like that. I thought we were the most un-patriotic people in the western hemisphere :-D
I was just born here and I like to live here, but the fact that I'm a swede is just a pure coincidence, nothing that I could take offense to ;)

• Like 2

When i saw slash live, i just looked at pictures i took, as well as googled some. His amps are mic'd bottom and top left usually. different mics too.

Thats not to say they dont have a different engineer for this tour who designs his sound differently.

Edited by Redout

1 minute ago, smoking guns said:

Slash has had 3 pics I think. 2 of the amps and one of his flight case. 

I think the initial picture of his amp cabinets was from another source. So far only the flight cases and the latest picture of the amp cabinets is from the actual Guns page.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, youngswedishvinyl said:

Just a quick question, why would the amps be miced up for rehearsal?

Wouldn't that mean that they are recording something?

I might just be (probably is) dreaming but hell it would be awesome if a album announcement is close!

I thought that too.. But you can mike them up for jamming as well to pipe through the PA.

They are miked for rehearsal so the rest of the band can hear him easily so he doesn't have to crank it up so Fortus or Duff can hear. They can rehearse at lower volumes and everyone can hear each other... I assume...

Edited by smoking guns
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Tom-Ass said:

I thought that too.. But you can mike them up for jamming as well to pipe through the PA.

People are forgetting that there are ALOT of overdubs in live sound nowadays, i would not be surprised to know they are recording some guitar tracks as backing tracks. Certainly looks that way from the mics. Also the fact the amps seems to be isolated in a seperate room that would sound hollow ( the cement walls and hard floor), giving it a kind of echo that would mimic live sound. 

1 hour ago, axlslash said:

They had been rehearsing in the brick room in LA. We saw the tweet yesterday that they're now rehearsing in Dallas, which @RussTCB apprehensively suggested could be building to a performance at the iHeartRadio awards. I think this new room is probably that space.

I'm gonna go ahead and start a rumor here myself. iHeart is probably not GN'R's go-to crowd, but Cowboy Stadium is hosting the largest wrestling PPV ever Sunday night.....

Whoa.... You mean to suggest GNR will be involved in WrestleMania in some capacity? 

2 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Whoa.... You mean to suggest GNR will be involved in WrestleMania in some capacity? 

When I thought they were in Dallas, it would have made sense, but @tsinindy set me straight that they're still in LA. It was pure speculation anyway, no worries.