New Buckethead Pikes Discussion

Cosmo

6 hours ago, Sosso said:

This album doesn't sounds complete without the drums.

Must have felt inspired to give it that Electric Tears treatment; I'm surprised Bucket hasn't tried securing the rights to reissue past albums such as that and Colma.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, James Bond said:

I get why he predominantly uses Bandcamp but I really do wish he had a much better platform for online sales and merchandise.

He needs to get a manager to handle his projects. The delays are part of the new normal now and that sucks for him and the fans.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Didn't a Bucket fan end up getting another one of his guitars decently cheap (like $1000ish if I remember correctly) because it just so happened that it was one of the only offers on it? I feel like I recall a YouTube video on it. It wasn't NatterNet who got it but he spoke about it.

Bucket should really list on Reverb instead of through his site. Maybe he doesn't want to deal with the Reverb fees but he could probably counter that with how much more money/attention it would receive. People pay big money just for the signature models on Reverb. This is somewhat of a holy grail among Bucket fans and collector's alike.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

Apparently bucket put out a letter apologizing to fans for delays in merch orders and said he had to move four times in the last year or so. Dude must be broke.

If he is broke (and I hope he is not) it is entirely because of his terrible business model. Fabulous musician, excellent music, but the business-side lets him down. Get a decent website, promote properly, release limited edition coloured / splat vinyls (“gory headstump orange”!!! - via Sheet Happens or equivalent), tour outside USA, play guest spots, join a band… there’s a lot he could do. Releasing endless Pikes / Live Pikes which even I, as one of his most hardcore fans who has a huge box of $1000’s of dollars worth of his physical releases over the years in my attic, stopped buying even in the $2 sales… just won’t work I don’t think. I wish him well.

Hopefully Axl reaches out and offers him a few guest spots to play TWAT live for $.

• Like 3

I really do think his poor website layout and awkward ordering process deters everyone from casual to hardcore fans from buying more. A half decent website and a proper storefront would do wonders. He could easily use sites like Teespring or whatever to sell custom tailored merch and he wouldn't even have to do anything. Likewise, set up Shopify or something similar to handle the vinyls and physical music releases. Lots of tools at his disposal these days, and while those sites also come with fees it would be offset by how much more things he'd be likely to sell. Then he also wouldn't have to worry about packing/shipping orders himself.

• Like 4

On 4/21/2023 at 2:30 PM, rocknroll41 said:

Apparently bucket put out a letter apologizing to fans for delays in merch orders and said he had to move four times in the last year or so. Dude must be broke.

Hope not... that would be so sad. Man, if Bucket did things in a bit more "mainstream" manner, he'd be much better off. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Cosmo said:

Hope not... that would be so sad. Man, if Bucket did things in a bit more "mainstream" manner, he'd be much better off. 

He did it with GN'R and left on a bitter note. I bet that he didn't wanted to deal with that crap again.

Edited by Sosso
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

Checked out Bucket's latest release, Dancing Soul and it's half an hour of pure Buckethead goodness. He's by far the best guitarist around IMO and it's a shame he isn't bigger. I've only come across one person outside of here who knew who  he was! I got friends of mine into him as a kid when we were all massively into Satriani, Vai, Gilbert etc. Shame we never got more of Axl singing over his stuff. 

Edited by BassistSeb
  • Like 4

On 4/21/2023 at 8:30 AM, rocknroll41 said:

This is sad to hear. No doubt his health issues play a part.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...