Vinyl LP and Turntable Discussion

RussTCB

Russ gets to go record shopping in Vegas :max:

The last two times I was in Vegas, I didn't have any luck finding anything. There's one record store that's in the ghetto that I keep meaning to get to though. I'm gonna try to hit it soon after I land on Wednesday.

The last two times I was in Vegas, I didn't have any luck finding anything. There's one record store that's in the ghetto that I keep meaning to get to though. I'm gonna try to hit it soon after I land on Wednesday.

In vegas, my favorite store is Record city. I believe it is on 300 E. Sahara ave.

In vegas, my favorite store is Record city. I believe it is on 300 E. Sahara ave.

That's the one! I'll be staying at two different hotels for work over the course of 11 days. The first one I'm in is on Paradise up near Sahara so I'm gonna try to get there on the first day.

Core just got here :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Nice. I think you'll dig the sound.

I didn't make it by Record City yet, but I called and they said they were closing at 2pm because of the holiday. I'll see if I can work it in some time between tomorrow and Sunday maybe.

So after looking through my vinyls something occured to me, gnr are not that far behind zeppelin when it comes to total out put. Because (by vinyl standards) both Illusions and CD are all double albums. Short double albums (Physical Graffiti run time est. 82 mins, while Illusion 1 76min, Illusion 2 75 mins, and CD 71 mins). But when you add up both bands discography, gnr is only about 40 mins behind Zeppelin. (but they did do a covers album, so its about 90 mins minus TSI).

My point in bringing this up? If they would have released that 96' album (which is another story) or whenever Axl gets around to a new album, he will have equaled zeppelin in total minutes. Perhaps even exceed. But like I said, TSI is a covers album, and I didn't include Coda. Because IMO it's not a real Zeppelin album, just another Posthmus album. Not quite the same.

So after looking through my vinyls something occured to me, gnr are not that far behind zeppelin when it comes to total out put. Because (by vinyl standards) both Illusions and CD are all double albums. Short double albums (Physical Graffiti run time est. 82 mins, while Illusion 1 76min, Illusion 2 75 mins, and CD 71 mins). But when you add up both bands discography, gnr is only about 40 mins behind Zeppelin. (but they did do a covers album, so its about 90 mins minus TSI).

My point in bringing this up? If they would have released that 96' album (which is another story) or whenever Axl gets around to a new album, he will have equaled zeppelin in total minutes. Perhaps even exceed. But like I said, TSI is a covers album, and I didn't include Coda. Because IMO it's not a real Zeppelin album, just another Posthmus album. Not quite the same.

Solid observation.

Finally made it to Record City. They had some ok stuff but nothing special. They had a lot of Floyd but all of it seemed to be bootlegged versions of old LPs so I passed. They had The Final Cut, Piper, WYWH and Obscured By Clouds but they were all on colored vinyl (not pink) which I know is bootleg. On top of that, they wouldn't let me listened to any of them even though the were unsealed. Even though I'm not a big Syd fan, I wanted to grab Piper but ultimately passed on it due to the over all sketchy nature of the interaction.

I need to get more Floyd on vinyl, the only one I have the Darkside 180 gram reissue from a couple of years ago.

I've got Saucerful, Obscured By Clouds, Meddle, DSotM, WYWH, Animals, The Wall, Final Cut, MLoR and Delicate Sound of Thunder. But I really want to get the rest.

Hi folks, got a question regarding vinyl & players.

How much damage does playing vinyl do to the record itself?....and is this compounded by the cheaper & crappier the player that is spinning the record? (eg. a top of the line player, won't fuck up the vinyl as much).,,,,or is it down to the needle?

Reason I ask is I have some really old vinyl, some quite rare, that I still listen too. However, I'm conscious that I might be slowly degrading them (and keep meaning to digitally back up the rarer ones).

Cheers