The MyGNR travel thread 2014

wfuckinga

Guest Len B'stard

I never tried gear in any way except smoking it...except this one time i bought 3 ounces of gear off a friend, hash and it just weren't fuckin' doing it for me, it was a dud batch, it was having some minute effect but not much so i thought a good thing to do, since my boy was gonna refund me with a fresh 3 ounces, was to eat it. So i took this chunk of hash, crumbled it right down to as fine as I could get it then just swallowed it and washed it down with milk. This was like 6pm in the day and i didn't feel shit from it, for ages, like all night I didn't feel shit. So i went to bed that night, fine as you like, woke up the next morning and i remember feeling fine...and then i tried to move.

I literally physically couldn't move, i have never felt anything like it, i was just paralysed, planked out, was shitting myself thinking what the fucks happened to me, stayed there til like 3pm, falling in and out of sleep, then i got up and i could move and everything, looked in the mirror and my eyes were like brake lights.

Point being thats my only expierience of taking gear any other way than smoking it and it weren't pleasant, granted that probably has something to do with the fact that it was just under 3 ounces of the shit but like...people tell me the effect is like a slow release thing, a gradual thing? See I can be having that, when i smoke i wanna get high then.

Also, who can bake? :lol:

• Like 1

Guest Len B'stard

Yeah, 3 ounces of dud shit was probably not the best start off point :lol: Also it occurs to me that that shits gotta be broken down by enzymes and shit before it gets in your system proper, the enzymes were probably having a rough time with great chunks of hash, probably why it took so long :lol:

What got me Len was the way the place was like a restaurant - menus and all. It was like, will we have a starter or just go straight for dessert? :lol: I also cracked up when my friend started rolling a joint with his hands under the table, I said - "what the fuck are you doing man?" He was like - "Oh yeah I can just roll this on the table, sorry lads, force of habit" :lol:

Allens Ginsberg once wrote that 80% of the reason why people get paras off gear is cuz it's illegal and when you smoke somewhere where you're free and open there's just nothing like it. Some people even have a hard time seperating themselves from that para feeling, even when it is legal, cuz they've just associated the high with that feeling of doing something wrong/illegal on some level.

Going to the beach (more than likely Daytona) tomorrow with my son....then to South Florida beaches for a couple of days next week when my folks come to town....looking forward to the beach, haven't gone out yet this year. :thumbsup:

Weren't The Netherlands going to toughen up the legislation so foreigners can't have access to cannabis/coffee shops? I guess drug tourism brings enough money to not let it go.

Yeah, I was going to say if they ever did anything of the sort, their tourism would be cut in half... :lol:

Don't wander around Amsterdam whilst high - a mad Dutchman on a bike WILL mow you down.

Or put your camera bag down while in a coffee shop...indulging in *cough* *cough* coffee....the guy sitting next to you will think you have money in it, steal it...and by the time you realize why the guy just ran out the door...it'll be too late and all your holiday pics are history.

In the Prague airport waiting for flight to Amsterdam right now. Really enjoyed it here as well as Brussels - we also ended up doing a day trip to Bruges which was undoubtedly one of the most beautiful cities I've seen.

Really need to get to Prague someday!

By weird I presume you mean like skanks.

Orange skanks.
If you think the Manc skanks are orange you really need to see Liverpool! :lol: How long were you in Manchester for man?

Two nights. My brother finally succeeded in dragging me over for a Manchester United match. It was sort of a bonding experience with him, otherwise I'd get in contact with you.

By weird I presume you mean like skanks.

Orange skanks.
If you think the Manc skanks are orange you really need to see Liverpool! :lol: How long were you in Manchester for man?

Two nights. My brother finally succeeded in dragging me over for a Manchester United match. It was sort of a bonding experience with him, otherwise I'd get in contact with you.
No problem buddy. :) You get to go to the Museum of Science and Industry?

No, didn't have time, actually. We just walked around and visited pubs. Ate at Gaucho's. Spent time on Old Trafford and pubs nearby. I really enjoyed it. Both being with my brother for once and seeing Manchester. I haven't been in England since I was a small kid. And Old Trafford was awesome. Never been to a big stadium before. The banter between the United fans and the Aston Villa fans was hilarious. Great atmosphere. I will have to set aside time and money for more trips like that.

• Like 1

No, didn't have time, actually. We just walked around and visited pubs. Ate at Gaucho's. Spent time on Old Trafford and pubs nearby. I really enjoyed it. Both being with my brother for once and seeing Manchester. I haven't been in England since I was a small kid. And Old Trafford was awesome. Never been to a big stadium before. The banter between the United fans and the Aston Villa fans was hilarious. Great atmosphere. I will have to set aside time and money for more trips like that.

Manchester is a beautiful place. Sportcity is also worth a quick trip. There isn't admittedly a great deal there, but Man City's ground is there, and it's impressive.

An afternoon at Heaton Park is one of the nicest things you can do on a nice day, it's vast and expansive and utterly picturesque. There's a huge rock with a plaque on it dedicated to when the Pope gave a sermon in the '80s. There's also a really huge, beautifully built archway, a great lake that it lovely to walk round, and a big country house, surrounded by fields and paths.

The Trafford Center is a stunning shopping mall, and the food court is kitted out to look like a ship's deck, and it is quite amazing. The Manchester Aquarium is also located in the mall, and you have to go on a long walk through the beautifully architectured mall before getting outside to an almost coliseum-like courtyard, and it's got a really beautiful fountain.

The Arndale is also a great mall in Piccadilly, and has a really diverse, cheap food court, as well as your regular high street brands.

Though known for its gay scene, Canal Street does have nice, 'hetero-friendly' (as the barman told me :lol: ) bars, and yes, you guessed it, it's along a canal, which is nice.

The Lowry Center is a nice bar and coffee house, and it also has a venue inside for plays, musicals, and the occasional gig, as well as a space for exhibitions. The whole center is a tribute to L.S. Lowry's work, and it's very poignant towards the areas within Manchester. Nearby is another, smaller shopping mall, the Imperial War Museum, and Salford Quays, which on a nice day, is beautiful. It's also nice to walk along at night, provided it isn't too windy!

I'll dig out some pictures later and post them here for you.

Guest Len B'stard

Fuckin' horrible rathole if you ask me, fuckin' North. What you suckin' on the North for anyway Marcus, you're from fuckin' Essex :lol:

I'm going to Cancun, Mexico for my Honeymoon in a couple of weeks, anyone been? Suggestions? do's and don'ts? Stayin All inclusive but want to get out of the hotel for a couple of days and see the sights.

Sorry, can't help you, never been to Mexico, but congratulations on your wedding anyway :)

Fuckin' horrible rathole if you ask me, fuckin' North. What you suckin' on the North for anyway Marcus, you're from fuckin' Essex :lol:

I love the way that all you southern fairies living in Buttfuck on Thames like giving it one about the north! :lol: Yeah I know London is the bollicks n' all but that ain't no good when you're still an hour away from King's Cross on the tube is it? Fuckin' southern poofs! :lol: