The MyGNR travel thread 2014

wfuckinga

Just got back from Thailand. White sand beaches, cocktails and heatstroke.

ping pong shows, adult massages, beautiful ladyboy hookers shopping for deadly drunk tourists. just got back from there too

I didn't leave the resort. I was all about the cocktails. Daiquiri, Tom Collins, mandarin Sunrises for 4 days until I got sunstroke. I went to Kamala once for a massaman curry. I had a pedicure and foot massage in the resort.

Kamala? so you stayed in Phuket, same as me. it's just that i lived at Patong, and it was like a non-stop party 24/7. now i feel like i need to take a vacation from my vacation

• 2 months later...

Amsterdam and Prague are great spots

That's what I hear - I'm most excited for those two on the trip. I have two good friends in Prague that I don't see very often so that should make it even better.

I heartily dislike Brussels. Any other Belgian city is better, Ghent, Bruges, wherever.

Interesting. A buddy of mine studied there for the semester in the fall and recommended that I go. I'll let you know what I think.

Yo - doing a pretty big Eurotrip over the next 2 weeks, starting friday. The route is Brussels -> Prague -> Amsterdam -> Copenhagen -> Stockholm.

Recommendations (or if anyone wants to grab a beer or something, let me know) are much appreciated!

That order makes NO sense! :mellow:

From Brussels to Amsterdam is like...2,5 hours by car. Why spend 10 hours driving to prague and 10 hours back in between?

Otherwise they're pretty solid picks! I've been to Amsterdam (obviously), Brussels and Prague. When in Brussels, try as many local beers as possible. This place called De Bier Tempel (The Beer Temple) has loads for sale. I also love Cafe Maneke Pis, a pub right across the manneke pis status. Don't really get the hate it gets. I agree Ghent and Brugge are fantastic (possibly better), but I do love Brussels. In Amsterdam, really depends why you're going. Debauchery and sin? Or history and culture?

Also, why did you decide not to include Paris or Berlin?

Also, we're set for the summer.

We've booked our trip and car. And this is the route we're taking.

We've settled on:

- Flight to Seattle

- Victoria, Vancouver Island, CAN (1 night)

- Tofino / Pacific Rim National Park, Vancouver Island, CAN (2 nights)

- Somehwere between Vancouver and Jasper, CAN (1 night)

- Jasper National Park, CAN (3 nights)

- Johnston Canyon/Banff National Park, CAN (4 nights)

- Waterton National Park, CAN / Glacier National Park, USA (4 nights)

- Yellowstone National Park, USA (4 nights)

- Spokane, USA (1 nights)

- Flight from Seattle back home

We've already booked loads of trips along the way and picked a long list of places to see. Really excited! ^_^

• Like 2

Also, we're set for the summer.

We've booked our trip and car. And this is the route we're taking.

We've settled on:

- Flight to Seattle

- Victoria, Vancouver Island, CAN (1 night)

- Tofino / Pacific Rim National Park, Vancouver Island, CAN (2 nights)

- Somehwere between Vancouver and Jasper, CAN (1 night)

- Jasper National Park, CAN (3 nights)

- Johnston Canyon/Banff National Park, CAN (4 nights)

- Waterton National Park, CAN / Glacier National Park, USA (4 nights)

- Yellowstone National Park, USA (4 nights)

- Spokane, USA (1 nights)

- Flight from Seattle back home

We've already booked loads of trips along the way and picked a long list of places to see. Really excited! ^_^

Very jealous, would love to spent time visiting loads of national parks.

Yo - doing a pretty big Eurotrip over the next 2 weeks, starting friday. The route is Brussels -> Prague -> Amsterdam -> Copenhagen -> Stockholm.

Recommendations (or if anyone wants to grab a beer or something, let me know) are much appreciated!

From Brussels to Amsterdam is like...2,5 hours by car. Why spend 10 hours driving to prague and 10 hours back in between?

Otherwise they're pretty solid picks! I've been to Amsterdam (obviously), Brussels and Prague. When in Brussels, try as many local beers as possible. This place called De Bier Tempel (The Beer Temple) has loads for sale. I also love Cafe Maneke Pis, a pub right across the manneke pis status. Don't really get the hate it gets. I agree Ghent and Brugge are fantastic (possibly better), but I do love Brussels. In Amsterdam, really depends why you're going. Debauchery and sin? Or history and culture?

Not driving - we'll be flying between each spot, and that route ended up being by far the cheapest to do. I agree that it'd make no sense if we drove :lol:

Thanks for the recommendations though! I'll check them out for sure and report back. Paris and Berlin were skipped because of flight prices, but I'm here for another two months almost so I might be able to do a little more traveling towards the end, hopefully.

Also saw your post about your North America trip, definitely jealous of that route. Banff is one of the most beautiful places I've ever been and a pretty cool town to boot.

I'm going to Barcelona for ten days with my boys this summer. The original plan was to go to Pamplona and run with the bulls, but most of my friends pussed out.

I'll tell yah, the thought of doing it usually hits a brick wall when you see it happening in person. In 2006 I was in Spain and watched the running of the bulls in a small town of Laguardia. It was much smaller than what takes place in Pamplona, but it was still scary as hell. I watched within the confines of the bulls but outside of the running lanes. I can't remember if it was the day before or day after I watched tens of drunken Spaniards get tossed around a bullfight ring in the town of Haro. Anyone could get in there, but watching guys bigger than me get thrown around like rag dolls killed any inclination I might have had to try. And I'm someone who usually doesn't backdown from a thrill, but that was too much.

I heartily dislike Brussels. Any other Belgian city is better, Ghent, Bruges, wherever.

I don't dislike Brussels but I think every other town/village/city in Belgium is better than Brussels. My favourite is Bruges. Gorgeous place with a really lovely atmosphere. :)

Not driving - we'll be flying between each spot, and that route ended up being by far the cheapest to do. I agree that it'd make no sense if we drove :lol:

Thanks for the recommendations though! I'll check them out for sure and report back. Paris and Berlin were skipped because of flight prices, but I'm here for another two months almost so I might be able to do a little more traveling towards the end, hopefully.

Also saw your post about your North America trip, definitely jealous of that route. Banff is one of the most beautiful places I've ever been and a pretty cool town to boot.

Cheers man! If you need any tips on Amsterdam, just ask. But like I said - debauchery and sin or culture and history? ;)

When I went to Amsterdam my hotel was in the red light district. :lol:

I tell you nothing like hitting up a few coffee shops during the afternoon, then heading to the Van Gogh museum high as a fucking kite.

Afterwards, head to a few bars and then go for a lovely walk along the canals where you can take in the wonderful sights of the sex shops and prostitutes. :lol:

• Like 1

Brussles for a couple of days I guess it's right. Everywhere can be nice/fun for a few days. Living in Brussels it surely makes it lose the little charm it could have.

Really enjoyed my long weekend in Brussels in Feb and I'm going back in August for a stag do. Amazing beer, fries and waffles. :thumbsup: