Guns N' Roses @ Vegas - May 21-June 7

You can always see dokkon or winger for half the price.

60 bucks is not cheap? just wondering im not a huge concert goer and like to see more as i get older and more money. seen Gnr twice once for lk 70+ at NBA arena second festival for lk 40 and these will be 60 seems pretty cheap to me. my buddy paid 50 for young the giant last week they had a lil bit of a hit after they came out on MTV awards (I Really like afew songs from them). Now my GF went to see Jayz for lk 150 maybe more now thats expensive but i mean its a concert....

So let me get this straight. The last residency was called "Appetite for Democracy." This year's is called "An Evening of Destruction."

So does that mean people attending will hear the other half of Appetite for Destruction they didn't hear the last time?

Edited by downzy

HAHA - that clip. Why the fuck would anyone pay for this cheesy bollocks? I just do not understand why people are flying around the world and booking hotels to see this cack!

The intentions of a handful of people from a band forum are not representative of the adult population.

An evening of destruction....

Oh how the kingdoms crumble!

Every GNR tour promo has the appetite songs in the background. If Axl and co. are so egoistic and proud of Chinese or their current lineup why dont they specifically want their era songs to be played in the promos too? Oh lemme guess, the few idiots who would rather spend money on this than feed poor kids would turn away too...

Also, the "no trickery" is hilarious. A bunch of hired employees with no charisma splitting their legs on stage playing club version of raunchy rock n roll songs posing as Guns n Roses is "no trickery"? Was the management being sarcastic and self deprecating?

If this was a Dokken or Winger fan forum, I could see the relevance of that of that tip. But, this is a GN'R fan forum.

Ali

Then log out coz the clip you're discussing and the band you're defending aint GNR.

Every GNR tour promo has the appetite songs in the background. If Axl and co. are so egoistic and proud of Chinese or their current lineup why dont they specifically want their era songs to be played in the promos too? Oh lemme guess, the few idiots who would rather spend money on this than feed poor kids would turn away too...

Also, the "no trickery" is hilarious. A bunch of hired employees with no charisma splitting their legs on stage playing club version of raunchy rock n roll songs posing as Guns n Roses is "no trickery"? Was the management being sarcastic and self deprecating?

If this was a Dokken or Winger fan forum, I could see the relevance of that of that tip. But, this is a GN'R fan forum.

Ali

Then log out coz the clip you're discussing and the band you're defending aint GNR.

Or you could log out and let people defend the band they want to?

People look at this band as Gn'R and will defend it, get over it.

• Like 3

Ali

If we all wanted to agree on everything, we'd all post on HTGTH. Almost nobody who saw Gn'R on here from 85-93, considers this to be Gn'R. The younger folk who didn't see the real deal think this is Gn'R.

Ali

Every concert ticket I've gotten over the last decade says "Guns N' Roses" on it :shrugs:

Regardless, I don't see how that makes Dokken or Winger more relevant to this discussion.

Ali

Ali

If we all wanted to agree on everything, we'd all post on HTGTH. Almost nobody who saw Gn'R on here from 85-93, considers this to be Gn'R. The younger folk who didn't see the real deal think this is Gn'R.

Not agreeing on something is totally different than telling someone to log out of the forum because they think this is Gn'R and you don't :rolleyes:

Also, the younger folk argument is getting pretty old and holds no ground. There are plenty of "younger folk" who don't think this is Gn'R, and plenty of "older folk" who think it isn't Gn'R. What's it matter? You disagree. If you want to have a nice discussion about it then go ahead, but don't try to belittle people because of their age when you aren't even that old yourself.

Ali

Not agree on something is totally different than telling someone to log out of the forum because they think this is Gn'R and you don't :rolleyes:

Also, the younger folk argument is getting pretty old and holds no ground. There are plenty of "younger folk" who don't think this is Gn'R, and plenty of "older folk" who think it isn't Gn'R. What's it matter? You disagree. If you want to have a nice discussion about it then go ahead, but don't try to belittle people because of their age when you aren't even that old yourself.

I'm old enough to have seen Gn'R in 92, Broham. Age only comes into play with me when a kid on here attempts to Gn'R-educate me about how the band was back in the day.

I've met people at shows who were a lot younger than me that were huge fans. I'm talking they know every song ever released and could rattle off the Gilby Clarke solo discography. So obviously age has nothing to do with how big of a fan someone is.

Outside of these boards I've met very few people who were around back in the day&still consider this to be Gn'R. Now if someone wasn't around back then, through no fault of their own, they don't have the personal attachment to those former members and therefore are more likely to accept this as Gn'R.

You guys don't get to decide what is and isn't GNR. Like it or not, the current line-up is GNR.

Like it or not, people decide exactly that all the time. I know I'll continue to do so, no matter how many italicized verbs in the counterargument. :lol:

That said, no one should be telling anyone to leave the forum.

You guys don't get to decide what is and isn't GNR. Like it or not, the current line-up is GNR.

Like it or not, people decide exactly that all the time. I know I'll continue to do so, no matter how many italicized verbs in the counterargument. :lol:

I'm over it. Whether or not people want to argue their opinion over a fact is up to them. I was just trying to help :)

I don't agree with the second point. If someone is trolling and making the forum experience worse for others (in general, not basing this off of the current conversation) then I beleive they should receive a warning, a suspension, and then a ban.

• Like 2

Both sides of this fence tend to do this a lot and I find it so odd. "You don't agree with me, so you're not a real fan and you shouldn't be here". The first time I saw GN'R was back in 1991 and I don't look down on anyone who didn't have the chance to see them back then. On top of that, the best GN'R show I've ever seen was in early 2012 and it was done by a line up featuring a guitarist I detest.

Whether or not someone thinks the current line up "is Guns N' Roses" shouldn't have any effect on whether they're welcome here or not.

• Like 1