April 23rd, 2014 - Golden Gods - Los Angeles, CA - Axl receives "Ronnie James Dio Lifetime Achievement Award"

tony hawk is a giant asshole btw, he was a dick to me (and other young kids) when i was about 13 years old and won a backstage ticket to see him after a skating appearance at a festival (he came out looking miserable, did like three tricks, then disappeared backstage). he was sitting at a table looking like he'd just woken up from a four-day drinking binge and had a bunch of excited kids coming up to him and all he could say was, "next. name? next. name? next." like a factory line or something.

lost all respect/admiration for him after that experience.

Sad to read that. It could be such a disappointment when you're a kid.

I went completely nuts with his PlayStation games though. Good old days of high school, man.

Who the fuck is this douchebag with the mohawk.

I love metal and hard rock but it is such a cliche now. I don't blame people for ripping on it (like Bacardi) cause it is so stuck in the past. I love all the 90s, 80s, stuff but since 2000 its just become one giant "has been" and poser scene.

There are a lot of great bands coming out now, but as Powearage said, you don't hear about them

I can watch live in Australia YAY but don't know half of these people. Didn't even recognise Dee Snider.

What if Slash comes along - is that very likely? Or is it more likely than Axl walking past for an interview?

Damm I hope I don't miss them as I am off for radiation therapy right now - bugger bugger bugger. Maybe I'll ring & tell them I'm too sick. :P

xj27XXM.jpg

oh DJ

There's nothing that screams douchebag more than someone who flips off the camera when they're getting their picture taken whiel wearing their own personal merchandise :huh:

Edited by RJ88

tony hawk is a giant asshole btw, he was a dick to me (and other young kids) when i was about 13 years old and won a backstage ticket to see him after a skating appearance at a festival (he came out looking miserable, did like three tricks, then disappeared backstage). he was sitting at a table looking like he'd just woken up from a four-day drinking binge and had a bunch of excited kids coming up to him and all he could say was, "next. name? next. name? next." like a factory line or something.

lost all respect/admiration for him after that experience.

Sad to read that. It could be such a disappointment when you're a kid.

I went completely nuts with his PlayStation games though. Good old days of high school, man.

yep, that's how i got into him initially; then i started skateboarding because of him as well. i was a die-hard pro skater videogame nerd. they're still great games. i just completely lost my childhood idolization for hawk after meeting him...