April 23rd, 2014 - Golden Gods - Los Angeles, CA - Axl receives "Ronnie James Dio Lifetime Achievement Award"

I don't understand how can someone enjoy that. It's just.... boring.

That's my thing. I enjoy some heavy, heavy shit but this isn't creative at all to me.

Heavy shit like what? I mean, I like metal too but Slayer is pure shit. I want to headbang and follow the beat but I don't know where to start, it's like noise all over the place lol.

• Like 1

It needs to be common practice to pre-emptively enable budget mode whenever something actually happens with GNR.

I'm new to this admin stuff, just be glad I knew how to do it. :lol:

And hope you didnt break it along the way lol

Thanks for that bro !

If you can't see why Slayer is so highly regarded by fans you probably have no idea what thrash metal is all about. While Megadeth and Metallica were once cutting edge thrash bands, they lost that edge eventually whereas Slayer only heightened their intensity over the years. They had one of the best drummers in the entire L.A. metal scene. Tom could go from a low, gruff semi-growl to a King Diamond falsetto in one breath. Jeff and Kerry were playing riffs so fast that a lot of people didn't think it was possible to replicate it all live, but they did it and then some. They weren't the most varied, but they are probably the most important thrash band from the USA.

• Like 1