Will they play a new song Thursday night?

Will they play a new song on Thursday night?  

111 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I do know new songs have been rehearsed and toyed around with at the very least at the recent rehearsals

Explain. Now.

Make me!!!! Ha.

Who knows. If I were guessing and betting at the same time I'd say 'no'

No one knows but Axl -- I do know new songs have been rehearsed and toyed around with at the very least at the recent rehearsals

Aaaaand those songs sounded liiiiike...?

No idea - I was told by a current band member :)

If something new happens I think it will take place in Vegas. However, they are in Rio and Axl likes to bring something new everytime he's there. Even as simple as Estranged being played for the first time in almost two decades.

I'll bet that Axl has something new for Thursday. Like others have said I have little confidence in that, because Axl will need everything to be perfect from the moment he wakes up Thursday to the time the first song is played. If anything goes out of plan I think he will scrape the new material from the setlist.

Well, I said no... I would love it if they did but I just remember vegas and they toyed with new songs then too and we were promised some new exciting stuff and we really didn't get that. I want them to come out swinging and not just continue the chinese democracy tour. CD has been toured extensively, and to be fair the last time they came around a lot more of the crowd seemed to enjoy it but... the album was not a success overall. Time to regroup and work on new material to keep from going so stale that fans who are so unreasonably stubborn about GnR, As in "gnr can do no wrong" will start to think "Maybe we need to find a new band to follow" has to happen some time.

New stuff rests on Axl, if he isn't comfortable he won't play the new songs... I really doubt Axl went to rehearsals so I don't know how he would be comfortable with the new material unless they sent him bounces of the instrumental tracks with the live arrangement that he could practice over... long winded exercise that could be avoided if he showed up. Could be completely wrong he might have rehearsed, he might want to play a couple of new songs, he might have got into shape (vocally, don't care what he looks like)... he might have done a lot of things... we won't know until the tour starts. Prove me and all the rest of the naysayers wrong! please!

"Depends what you mean by new"

This.

I didn't vote, but if I did I guess I'd vote no seeing as I would only consider a brand new song to be "new". I do think they'll play something live that hasn't been played in ages (i.e. DTJ, Bad Obsession, etc) though.

Well we will have Ashba's new solo and part of me hopes they don't open with Chinese Democracy. Simply because it gets labelled as touring that album. Bring back Jungle.

I reckon we will see at least one new song, and like dizzy said it depends what you mean by 'new'.

Who knows. If I were guessing and betting at the same time I'd say 'no'

No one knows but Axl -- I do know new songs have been rehearsed and toyed around with at the very least at the recent rehearsals

"New" as in NEW, or like "Silkworms, OMG, Going Down"-type new?

Going Down shouldn't be grouped up with songs that have been released and/or played live over a decade ago.

I highly, highly doubt it.

I am 98% sure that nothing new will be played. And even if it is reported that a new song is played I will just assume it is trolling until I see video evidence ;)

Rockfuel would block the videos.
  • Like 1

You have to admit it will be hilarious if the set is exactly the same as last time, without even a new UYI or cover track. Hilariously sad, but hilarious all the same.

Just be fair about it. If they play Better as the 9th song of the night instead of the 4th, it's a brand-new setlist!

I do hope Going Down is played, if they play any other unreleased songs then that's a bonus. I do however expect an Illusion track to be played, IMO the most likely dandidate would be Yesterdays. Just gotta wait and see and hope for the best.