Slash comments on Duff temporarily rejoining GNR

Guest NGOG

Slash's albums have left me underwhelmed to about the same extent as CD, except I didn't wait a decade for the experience.

However, rather than blaming absolutely everybody that has ever crossed his path for every major fuck up in his life, Slash has gone out there and rebuit by getting straight, working hard, having the balls to release his music (even if it doesn't sell like it used to) and talking to his fans.

Find me a guitar player who doesn't sing solo, who left a band 20 years ago and has managed to do what Slash has done.

There are none.

Go watch his Sydney gig to get an idea of just how big this guy is, and not a GNR logo or AFD album poster in sight.

You can hate the man all you like and blame him for all of Axl's woes, but to me that really proves that Axl was and is fucking useless without him; especially if you're to believe Axl that Slash has some almost mystical diabolic power to so easily upend his life, decade after decade, almost on a whim.

• Like 1

Doesn't care about duff/Axl friendship, claims that he's over GNR...... Then blocks the GNR blu ray.

He obviously cares enough.

Yeah right because you happen to know that Slash did actually do this for a fact and if he did that it was because of Duff going to play with Axl....... :rolleyes: ............If Slash did do this I would not be surprised if there was a little payback for Axl being such a dick but as CAFC stated if Slash did block the bluray it is most likely also related to $$$................funny how Axl fans cheer Axl on when he is being a dick to Slash but if the table is turned they whine about the injustice............. :lol:

Doesn't care about duff/Axl friendship, claims that he's over GNR...... Then blocks the GNR blu ray.

funny how Axl fans cheer Axl on when he is being a dick to Slash but if the table is turned they whine about the injustice............. :lol:

That's like saying "funny how you only cheer when your football team score.. And not when they are being scored against"

Butthurt Hits:

1. Welcome to the Butthurt

2. Sweet Butthurt O' Mine

3. Butthurt

4. Butthurt City

5. Knockin on Butthurt's Door (cover Bob Butthurt)

6. Butthurt War

7. You Could be Butthurt

8. Don't Butthurt (Butthurt version)

9. November Butthurt

10. Live and Let Butthurt (cover Paul McButthurt & Butthurts)

11. Butthurts

12. Ain't it Butthurt? (cover The Butthurt Boys)

13. Since I don't Have Butthurt (cover The Butthurts)

14. Sympathy for the Butthurt (cover The Rolling Butthurts)

• Like 2

If he'll have Duff to replace Tommy for 5 shows, what if Ashba needs to make some new swag for 5 shows, what is stopping him from calling Slash if he calls Duff? I can't imagine he hangs around with Duff very often apart from at the 02 that time, why not have Slash for 5 shows? It's like the goddamn wrestling thing when they bring back fan favourites for one offs.

funny how Axl fans cheer Axl on when he is being a dick to Slash but if the table is turned they whine about the injustice............. :lol:

That's like saying "funny how you only cheer when your football team score.. And not when they are being scored against"

No. It isn't.

Why would you root for one musician over another like they're sports teams?

why is this quote so controversial? 14 pages? it's pretty straightforward, and true. duff obviously is on better terms with axl than slash is, or probably will be for a long time. it's sad, but it's how it is.

i actually wouldn't be surprised, though, if duff ends up being kind of an intermediary and peace broker. some people said the same when izzy joined years back, but izzy never really gave a shit anyway. duff is closer to slash, and he may at least defend him if axl brings up anything. then again, it seems like axl doesn't really hang around with the guys behind-the-scenes, so who knows. he may not even get many chances to talk 1-on-1 with duff.