April 12th - La Paz, Bolivia

Black Sabbath

JUNGLE

Two words, Awesome and Goosebumps.

Axl should do it like MJ: 50 shows at the 02, with original lineup and then done.

When Axl met MJ Michael said "I can recommend you a great doctor." - this a joke Axl told at a live show I went to. probably a misquote but close enough.

Axl: 3:48 This has nothing to do with Michael Jackson...

Notice how much better the Jungle "background chorus" (I dunno how to call it haha) sounds with Duff, it sounds more like the original song, with Tommy its like "yadaaa-yada-yaaada". In the Duff video above you can check at 4:37 (in the jungle, wel...etc).

here at 1:51 is a good example, but its in all the choruses (in the jungle, wel...etc)

Some great vids, finally!

On this one @7m40s Axl proves that the 'rasp' is pretty much alive and kickin whenever he wants it...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSlTqjum2XM

This is a pretty good KOHD, yeh... not much rasp but fuck, he's pretty strong throughout. I actually enjoyed this performance of this song and I haven't enjoyed this song for a while, I was even impressed by how well he held those final few notes with Richard.

And for the rasp lovers, it was there at 7:40 and it was glorious :D

Estranged

Axl sounds great, bit of rasp in his voice there.

Since when does the first half of Estranged has rasp?

2:20 onwards apparently :)

The altitude seems to have gotten to Axl on you're crazy. He just didn't sound right. Idk nothing terrible, but that wasn't Axl's voice.

Yeah, I like the fact that he's really trying but yep... he just didn't have the air for it.

Axl sounds great there.. want to see the end though.

Axl's voice is really bad in 2014. If he improves some more he can go from Unlistenable level to Shit level. Let's hope!

I think you exagerate. Voice is on a similar level since late 2011. Axl seems happier lately, and I even noticed he's been dropping the hat more on the past shows.

BTW, I might be opening the gates of hell here, but is there a thread with the story behind your avatar? I've seen that many times in my short stint here, also a picture with this peculiar lady holding a shocking sign with badly written delusional things. Swear I'm not trolling, where did that come from?

Axl's voice is really bad in 2014. If he improves some more he can go from Unlistenable level to Shit level. Let's hope!

I think you exagerate. Voice is on a similar level since late 2011. Axl seems happier lately, and I even noticed he's been dropping the hat more on the past shows.

BTW, I might be opening the gates of hell here, but is there a thread with the story behind your avatar? I've seen that many times in my short stint here, also a picture with this peculiar lady holding a shocking sign with badly written delusional things. Swear I'm not trolling, where did that come from?

Am I exagerating or are people forcing themselves to like Axl's voice? If you actually can enjoy his clean helium voice, maybe it's not bad for you. But the Axl I know sings with a powerful raspy voice and I'm not talking about the young Axl. His clean high voice is shit and should never ever be used. It's cringeworthy.

About my avatar. No idea who the hell he/she is. I just know ASHBA is better than the old one.

• Like 3

Estranged

The altitude seems to have gotten to Axl on you're crazy. He just didn't sound right. Idk nothing terrible, but that wasn't Axl's voice.

Yeah, I like the fact that he's really trying but yep... he just didn't have the air for it.

but thats his "normal/talking" voice, I believe its called chest voice

Am I exagerating or are people forcing themselves to like Axl's voice? If you actually can enjoy his clean helium voice, maybe it's not bad for you. But the Axl I know sings with a powerful raspy voice and I'm not talking about the young Axl. His clean high voice is shit and should never ever be used. It's cringeworthy.

About my avatar. No idea who the hell he/she is. I just know ASHBA is better than the old one.

There sure is a tendency to look for "good bits" in Axl's singing in order to make ourselves feel better, I won't deny that. I just don't think it as bad as you think. I do, however, think is much worse than the powerful raspy voice. It is also puzzling that he pulled the rasp on select occasions, and used it the most in Bolivia, under the most hostile conditions on this tour so far.

He can still do it, there is no doubt at this point. The only question is why he doesn't.

Edited by Pedrolg

Estranged

http://youtu.be/-tabo5K81qA

but thats his "normal/talking" voice, I believe its called chest voice

It is his chest voice yep, it's rare he as such natural rasp though. Last time I noticed was philly 2012.