April 12th - La Paz, Bolivia

Black Sabbath

I think opening with YCBM and You're Crazy was a very cool move. I don't know why, but just shuffling the set list regularly would get me excited again. Even if it were the same songs but a different order each night, I bet it would bring some excitement back to the stage.

You know I love you, but I find you sad and pathetic right now. :lol:

I'm as big of a critic of GN'R as anyone, but I really feel like this type of thing makes a difference. My biggest complaint has been that the shows seem to be the definition of "going through the motions". Changing up the order of the set list at least shows some effort IMO.

Big time.

We can't call for change all the damn time then complain when we get it too.

Yeah he seems to be able to use the rasp on the lower parts. Ends it with rasp too. Lots more chest voice during the show.. I didn't even think Axl could do that anymore.

i think starting this song also differs from playing it later as he has more energy to put into it now, but this is an average job on YCBM!

Anyone care to look and find the last time they opened a show with a song that wasn't CD or Welcome to the Jungle?

Except for some (about 10) smaller and often semi-acoustic shows with You're Crazy as the opener, then we have to go back to July 17, 1993, when Nightrain opened the show. So this is pretty rare.

Don't Cry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKDoN7rpGIs

Is this slowed down as well?

Did I hear some rasp after the solo? bajaysus I did... didn't last but... not a horrible performance by any means, appears the altitude had some effect on him but he wasn't that different to any other night so far. not a cringe type performance by any means but he still has to put more effort in.

That solo was terrible... not sure what was worse the loose timing, the badly executed bends or the god awful killswitch, at least tap it somewhat in time, he really is at the bottom rung, and I know I keep slagging him off but he really is piss poor by almost anyones standards. Being a showman is not enough, you also have to be able to play to a standard, he's just lucky he has Rich and Ron in the back to cover it up and to distract the rest of the world away from his shoddy playing. Not a good player...

That solo was terrible... not sure what was worse the loose timing, the badly executed bends or the god awful killswitch, at least tap it somewhat in time, he really is at the bottom rung, and I know I keep slagging him off but he really is piss poor by almost anyones standards. Being a showman is not enough, you also have to be able to play to a standard, he's just lucky he has Rich and Ron in the back to cover it up and to distract the rest of the world away from his shoddy playing. Not a good player...

This, Dj is in a band where if he performs like shit no matter the glossy charisma, which is a plus despite how overly done it is, then he'll get called on it, not that it matters what a bunch of forum hardcore GNR nerds think but if they're at a show I'm sure they'll think the same thing but try to block it out.

Sure, Axl may sound like Mickey Mouse sometimes, but he still hits the emotional spots, for me atleast, with the ballads. So I got to be happy about that. And like in some review once said, you can hear the wear and tear on his 50-something year old voice. That's cool. Axl is still cool mofo in my books. EVEN THOUGH it hurts that he hasn't released any new material. Man that hurts.

Edited by weponsnflowers

It's weird. He starts off YCBM with a nice voice, drops it quickly.

Then at the final part, where it seems that breath would a big issue, it looks as if the clean voice fails him, and he is forced to resort to rasp, and does it well.

I also get the impression that he tries to go too high pitched on many occasions. Really, he goes much higher than he used to, and honestly, than he has to. Obviously that's gotta add a whole new set of difficulties.

Axl is puzzling.