April 12th - La Paz, Bolivia

Black Sabbath

Anyone care to look and find the last time they opened a show with a song that wasn't CD or Welcome to the Jungle?

Except for some (about 10) smaller and often semi-acoustic shows with You're Crazy as the opener, then we have to go back to July 17, 1993, when Nightrain opened the show. So this is pretty rare.
The first UCAP show opened with Jungle.

If he can do that at altitude (speaking as someone who works at altitude fairly frequently) then he should be able to do that way easier at close to sea level. I'm quite happy that he's actually still capable of that at all. It gives me hope that there's life in the band yet :).

Wait? The APPETITE version of You're Crazy? Video please?! I totally prefer that version (contrary to just about everyone else!)

Edited by Graeme

YCBM

It is the most strange YCBM for me in years. At some points he got FULL RASP then went onto full Mickey mode. The end scream is shorter but had rasp :axl92:

In his lower registers he still got his own old voice, but at the high notes...

i wonder is this because of the altitude or just the "regular" out of breath thing

I love CD as an opener, but YCBM is a pretty badass opener and I'd love to see that.

Also really, they did the AFD version of You're Crazy? I'm not a fan of that version, but pretty cool they played it nonetheless.

Sorry i misunderstood something they play the "Live Era" version according to Jarmo

I loved that they slowed down November rain! I've been saying they should for a while. It sounds better. It will help Axl sing it better too.

YCBM had it's moments

This tells me that Duff might have been asked to pick the opener haha awesome if that's the case. I think Duff challenges Axl in the right ways. Their relationship seems to be helping Axl. Axl seems less afraid of taking chances with Duff around. I think it makes him feel like he has someone to lean on.

Also it's great that Axl seems to be playing with twitter a little more. Good changes being made. This concert doesn't seem like a copy of the previous 200

Edited by IncitingChaos

Axl seems less afraid of taking chances with Duff around. I think it makes him feel like he has someone to lean on.

Good point but if this is truly the case it shows he lacks confidence or initiative with the band he has assembled and the vision he was once trying to continue, which is a trifle disturbing since when has Axl Rose lacked the impetus to go against the grain, I know he is a perfectionist and often needs outside influence to encourage him to release something but it would show how little the current band are involved in the tapestry of being Guns N' Roses.

Axl seems less afraid of taking chances with Duff around. I think it makes him feel like he has someone to lean on.

Good point but if this is truly the case it shows he lacks confidence or initiative with the band he has assembled and the vision he was once trying to continue, which is a trifle disturbing since when has Axl Rose lacked the impetus to go against the grain, I know he is a perfectionist and often needs outside influence to encourage him to release something but it would show how little the current band are involved in the tapestry of being Guns N' Roses.

Well his vision involved guys that aren't with the band anymore. You think he wanted Ashba over bucket? I think his vision took so many twist and turns that it became difficult to trust any vision. He probably lost his confidence with the people around him.

I think in the USA today interview Axl mentioned that the best part about old guns is having two other guys with you that you could rely on and go through everything together. With new guns it left him very alone on the band process. I think this is a good indicator of why he enjoys duff being around and finds himself less afraid of doing new stuff.

Finally I think so much went wrong with new guns that it became difficult for Axl to trust himself. If he thought he made a good record and everyone said it was a joke I think it shut him down a little bit. Axl probably blames himself for a lot of what went wrong and it caused him to take decisions out of his hands. He didn't want do anything new anymore because it would go wrong so he became this very complacent person.

With duff around I think Axl is opening back up to being a musician and emjoying himself. Things don't seem so messy when you have someone around you that's been through it all.

• Like 1

JUNGLE

Now that we got a new intro I would like to recommend that Jungle start off with Axl screaming "do you know where the f*ck you are?...you're in the jungle baby, time to dieeee" then the opening chords can start, instead of Ashba repeating the opening chords over and over again then Axl coming in.

It would just add so much back to that song.

Axl seems different since duff has joined up for the past couple of shows (not talking about his voice) just the way he acts, communicates etc. Seems like a spark has been lit indeed. Think he sees duff as an equal and actually wants to step it up a notch or two.

If these shows have proven anything to me it's that the chemistry is still very much there.

• Like 3

So many surprises! I like them all. Difficult to say which is the best opener jungle, cd,

YCBM or something else, but there is no harm in changing it every once and a while.

November Rain seems to work nicely if not even better in slower tempo.

The comments on that last picture Axl posted with Alcione (Brazilian singer). The lack of education, respect, and general cuntishness from most who comment is beyong belief. If he actually reads that, than no wonder he has a hard time getting motivated to perform for this bunch of idiotic monkeys.

• Like 2