**ENTRIES CLOSING JUN 7TH** - WIN a RARE copy of Chinese Democracy w/ **RED HAND alternative artwork**

vXYCdh6.png

KmARzhW.png

qW3iDue.png

I have another version of the banner without the "MYGNRFORUM" and a picture of the old band in it's place. The black and white of the old band represents the past, while the new band is in the present, in color, front and center. For the stars, I redid them slightly crystallized if you notice, to represent rock.

Competition law requires that people that have supported this website financially or work for this website, even if it not for a fee, are not allowed to enter.

So if you fall in this category, I would leave it

Huh?

I do not know

I tried to do something on HTGTH years ago, and got warned by some users about this. It was just a heads up

As long as your users are fne and keep it within the forum, you are ok.

Alright so it's a rough draft but here's what I've got so far:

Banner:

banner1.jpg

banner111.jpg

Logo:

Untitled-1.jpg

Icon:gnr-star-logo.jpg

obviously they'll be re-sized, but that's what I did for part of yesterday.

My fav to date. Love the logo but you'll need to play around a tad ;)

Mods, when its time for voting, the comments that does not include entries, will they be deleted? because its not so easy looking page per page for just 1 entrie, and, when is the deadline for submiting the image? and what if someone likes multiple images?

Edited by ignaliza

I did this one for this forum in an old topic to change the current banner.

JflGtoX.png

The logo would be the same. But I could work on a new logo in the next days

On my screen (1366*768) would look like this (with the current logo)

RRNaTLq.jpg

Edited by Manfisman

Alright so it's a rough draft but here's what I've got so far:

Banner:

banner1.jpg

banner111.jpg

Logo:

Untitled-1.jpg

Icon:

gnr-star-logo.jpg

obviously they'll be re-sized, but that's what I did for part of yesterday.

I'm going to go with the "safe" option and say you'd need to change it substantially if we were to use it.

The test is (basically) whether someone could glance at it and mistake it for the GN'R logo... it's a grey area but I don't think it's worth pushing it. It's got to be 100% original so we're not at any risk there.

If you do re-work it, you might want to play with the text to refine the edges so they come out smooth instead of jagged. Would look heaps better. :)

JflGtoX.png

On my screen (1366*768) would look like this (whit the current logo)

RRNaTLq.jpg

I actually really like this. Features everyone with the old members in black and white. Only gripe is that I think Axl should be changed. As bad ass as he looks in that picture, it doesn't represent what he really looks like on stage nowadays.

Other wise, so far, this would get my vote :)

• Like 1

I actually really like this. Features everyone with the old members in black and white. Only gripe is that I think Axl should be changed. As bad ass as he looks in that picture, it doesn't represent what he really looks like on stage nowadays.

when its time for voting, the comments that does not include entries, will they be deleted? because its not so easy looking page per page for just 1 entrie, and, when is the deadline for submiting the image? and what if someone likes multiple images?

when its time for voting, the comments that does not include entries, will they be deleted? because its not so easy looking page per page for just 1 entrie, and, when is the deadline for submiting the image? and what if someone likes multiple images?

We'll handle all of that when it's time for voting. It'll be more organized, trust me :lol:

We'll handle all of that when it's time for voting. It'll be more organized, trust me :lol:

hahaha ok thanks for the response, and the deadline for submiting entrys? :lol:

hahaha ok thanks for the response, and the deadline for submiting entrys? :lol:

No specific deadline yet, but hopefully towards the end of May.

JflGtoX.png

On my screen (1366*768) would look like this (whit the current logo)

RRNaTLq.jpg

Thanks!

I agree with the Axl photo thing, but it's funny cause in the old topic (can't find it right now) I had originally a more 'normal' photo of Axl but everybody asked if I could change it. Did it twice and then somebody suggested the photo that is in the banner now and he really look badass now!

Anyway... yeah, I could change it (again ha) if I'm asked to.

Edited by Manfisman

JflGtoX.png

On my screen (1366*768) would look like this (with the current logo)

RRNaTLq.jpg

rock3

Loose the official logo and you could have my vote. Love the design, I was thinking this in my head having all the members of past in black n' white but after fucking with it for the last few days I never got to what you have done now.

Loose the official logo, perhaps change Axl (again) then again Axl is the one guy who has been here since day one, any pic of him would work I suppose. Work on some logos for the forum and design some markers.

Sweet, Love, love, love the banner!

• Like 1

Modified version:

Banner:

25re5he.jpg

Logo:

logo12.jpg

Icon:

2yjqau8.jpg

icon1big.jpg

Using originals is copyright infringement. Even if you edit it. It is probably best to create something similar but not from the original for legal reasons.

Providing it's not for financial gain it's not an issue.

Modified version:

Banner:

25re5he.jpg

Logo:

logo12.jpg

Icon:

2yjqau8.jpg

icon1big.jpg

Using originals is copyright infringement. Even if you edit it. It is probably best to create something similar but not from the original for legal reasons.

Providing it's not for financial gain it's not an issue.

The ads on the site, could be considered financial gain. The site having the logo which is an altered official logo could technically be an issue. You know how legal teams are looking to make an example out anyone.

My thinking on that was: There's no profit in using that logo, and I'm not 100% sure about the specifics on 'parody laws' but as far as I know you can legally 'spoof' official logos "in the name of art". Someone please correct me if that's wrong.

I also remember cd.com using the logo from the sidestage banners in 2006/7, which was originally why I thought it'd be ok.