Last full album you listened to?

Broskirose

On 20-8-2020 at 12:43 PM, PatrickS77 said:

BridgesBabylon97.jpg

The only Stones record I own. My mom gave it to me for my 16th birthday! There's a bit too much filler on it, but it has some cool songs too... Saint Of Me, Too Tight, Gunface, Flip the Switch and a few others.

15 hours ago, J Dog said:

Chili Peppers - One Hot Minute (much better than it gets credit for)

I like it too, especially musically speaking... Navarro brought a more hardrock element to the band which I very much appreciated. You could tell how important Frusciante was, though, his sense of melody and songwriting talent was sincerely missed.

Edited by EvanG
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, EvanG said:

The only Stones record I own. My mom gave it to me for my 16th birthday! There's a bit too much filler on it, but it has some cool songs too... Saint Of Me, Too Tight, Gunface, Flip the Switch and a few others.

Yeah. When I ripped it on my computer years ago, I deleted almost a third of the songs. Yesterday was the first time in almost 20 years I listened to the full album and even liked the "filler" songs. The ones I kept always were great.

• Like 1

On 23/08/2020 at 7:34 PM, Powderfinger said:

Yesterday I listened to The Heartbreakers- L.A.M.F.  Today I read Walter Lure died.... RIP...

Shit, Waldo has died?  ‘tough to get a guy off Wall Street’.  Ain’t he the last of em?  Johnnys gone, Jerry Nolans gone, not sure about Billy Rath and their sundry bass players over the years?

Edited by Len Cnut

5 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Shit, Waldo has died?  ‘tough to get a guy off Wall Street’.  Ain’t he the last of em?  Johnnys gone, Jerry Nolans gone, not sure about Billy Rath and their sundry bass players over the years?

Yup all gone, I’m guessing Walter found as many Junkies on Wall Street as he had been surrounded by in the Heartbreakers. :lol: 

27 minutes ago, Powderfinger said:

Yup all gone, I’m guessing Walter found as many Junkies on Wall Street as he had been surrounded by in the Heartbreakers. :lol: 

I fucking love that band with all my heart and soul.  I maintain to this day and L.A.M.F is one of the greatest rock n roll albums of the 70s, of ever in fact.  Its a rare band/artist that I get obssessive about but Johnny was one of em.  The one and only piece of rock n roll memorabilia I ever owned was a pair of Johnnys trousers, complete with bloodstains.  I absolutely loved that man, got everything he ever released, saw every movie he was ever in (and some of em he was hardly in), saw every live recording, the Lyceum gig, that In Cold Blood dvd, Johnny was a like the star that never was, everything about him suggested that he should’ve been huge but it was never meant to be I guess.  

• Like 1

On 8/25/2020 at 10:54 AM, Len Cnut said:

I fucking love that band with all my heart and soul.  I maintain to this day and L.A.M.F is one of the greatest rock n roll albums of the 70s, of ever in fact.  Its a rare band/artist that I get obssessive about but Johnny was one of em.  The one and only piece of rock n roll memorabilia I ever owned was a pair of Johnnys trousers, complete with bloodstains.  I absolutely loved that man, got everything he ever released, saw every movie he was ever in (and some of em he was hardly in), saw every live recording, the Lyceum gig, that In Cold Blood dvd, Johnny was a like the star that never was, everything about him suggested that he should’ve been huge but it was never meant to be I guess.  

Owning a pair of Johnnys tweeds is cool as fuck! Nice one.

I like the Dolls stuff too, over talked but underrated. I picked up a RSD release of the “looking for Johnny” soundtrack on red vinyl last year or the year before. Great guitar player and songwriter. 

On 26/08/2020 at 7:16 PM, Powderfinger said:

Owning a pair of Johnnys tweeds is cool as fuck! Nice one.

I like the Dolls stuff too, over talked but underrated. I picked up a RSD release of the “looking for Johnny” soundtrack on red vinyl last year or the year before. Great guitar player and songwriter. 

I LOVE the Dolls man.  I never actually listened to any of their reunion stuff but those first two albums are fuckin' landmarks to me.  I think David Johansen has got a documentary coming out, directed by Scorsese.

On 8/21/2020 at 4:46 PM, EvanG said:

I like it too, especially musically speaking... Navarro brought a more hardrock element to the band which I very much appreciated. You could tell how important Frusciante was, though, his sense of melody and songwriting talent was sincerely missed.

Yeah I liked what Navarro brought to the table. Coffee Shop is a tune. But as much as I liked it, it did set up Californication, which was a glorious return by Frusciante. Love that album.

• Like 1