June 7, Las Vegas, NV - No Trickery! (Final Show of Residency)

magisme

Thanks for the info, this is a pretty devastating blow but understandable, seems a case of too little, too late for Axl and it'll set back new music by another 4 years. Still time for Bumble to be persuaded and consider what the position brings him though he has a lot more exposure and income you'd assume for him to make a living away from this band.

I don't think that's the case at all. I think any newly released music will likely be from the ChiDem sessions featuring Bucket & Finck, and that could be one of, if not the main reason Ron wants out...

After all these years in the band, the prospect of only getting another couple guest solos on the new album is probably too much to take.

I'll ask Ron at the show next Sunday but again unless I get hired by Rolling Stone magazine in the next seven days, I don't think he's gonna spill the beans to some random Jamoke. People like to think they're closer to the band than they are. I hung out with Dizzy Reed for five minutes in Niagara Falls as seen in my avatar pic but that doesn't mean he'd remember me or that we're buds.

When I say close to Ron it's not like we are best friends and text. We email a lot and I've had lunch with him a few times. Few years back he thought it was so cool what I did with the Kansas City stream. I've had the opportunity to hang out with him bout 8-10 times. In the past he has gotten me party passes for a lot of the shows I've been too and he brought me into sound check at last residency where I was playing around on stage takin photos of everything. It's on my Facebook. You don't have to believe what I say when it comes to information I've got from Ron. I'm sure there is a video of patience and paradise city where you will see him kneel down talk to me. But I'm sure Ron will make a statement soon.

I was able to talk to a member of the band ( not gonna say who ) for about 30 mins yesterday at noon about the status of the band. He told me this is the last your gonna see of guns n roses for a long time. I asked how long? He said could be years or longer who knows. He did say he has to look for more work. I spoke with someone who is close to other band members that pretty much said the same thing.

I then said what about the next album chinese 2 that Axl said he is going to be looking after at Vegas. He acted like he knew nothing about it. This member also said Gnr don't do things like other bands/businesses.

Later I spoke with Fernando about band going away for a while and he said band will be doing festivals and shit over next year. No major touring. One offs.

Current band has no clue what future holds apparently.

Another cool intel I got was when duff came to Vegas him and Axl were trying to get izzy at the show.

Thanks for the info. I don't doubt what you say it's just I can't see band members revealing major plans to fans. I don't even know if Axl would spill the beans to that blonde chick we keep seeing pop up in pics with him. Anyway if even half of what you are saying is true it doesn't look like there's much going on anytime soon in Gn'R land. I will say at least you share things. Some of these fans think they are tight with the band and act as if they are sitting on CIA type classified information. We are just revenue streams to them.well except /Jarmo. He went from fan to well whatever it is that he does for them.

I'll ask Ron at the show next Sunday but again unless I get hired by Rolling Stone magazine in the next seven days, I don't think he's gonna spill the beans to some random Jamoke. People like to think they're closer to the band than they are. I hung out with Dizzy Reed for five minutes in Niagara Falls as seen in my avatar pic but that doesn't mean he'd remember me or that we're buds.

When I say close to Ron it's not like we are best friends and text. We email a lot and I've had lunch with him a few times. Few years back he thought it was so cool what I did with the Kansas City stream. I've had the opportunity to hang out with him bout 8-10 times. In the past he has gotten me party passes for a lot of the shows I've been too and he brought me into sound check at last residency where I was playing around on stage takin photos of everything. It's on my Facebook. You don't have to believe what I say when it comes to information I've got from Ron. I'm sure there is a video of patience and paradise city where you will see him kneel down talk to me. But I'm sure Ron will make a statement soon.

I was able to talk to a member of the band ( not gonna say who ) for about 30 mins yesterday at noon about the status of the band. He told me this is the last your gonna see of guns n roses for a long time. I asked how long? He said could be years or longer who knows. He did say he has to look for more work. I spoke with someone who is close to other band members that pretty much said the same thing.

I then said what about the next album chinese 2 that Axl said he is going to be looking after at Vegas. He acted like he knew nothing about it. This member also said Gnr don't do things like other bands/businesses.

Later I spoke with Fernando about band going away for a while and he said band will be doing festivals and shit over next year. No major touring. One offs.

Another cool intel I got was when duff came to Vegas him and Axl were trying to get izzy at the show.

But, why didn't you have the balls to ask, "what is the main reason to not release music?"

I don't know, if I would be you, that would be my principal and constant question.

Thanks for the info - I did actually check out a twitter page earlier (must of been yours) with pics taken on stage (I assume during or before soundcheck) as well as pics w/ Ron, so I for one will take your word on your info.

If I could try and be positive I'd like to think that all the music for the next release has been recorded, and Axl is going to start tinkering with it (working on/adding vocals. Working on arrangements, outside help with orchestral arrangements maybe and finally mixing/mastering) - but who knows. At this stage I'm far more interested in new music than more touring - I do hate the periods of silence though - like you said - Guns don't do things like other bands...

But, why didn't you have the balls to ask, "what is the main reason to not release music?"

I don't know, if I would be you, that would be my principal and constant question.

Because the answer is going to be the same every single time . One man calls the shots. Time is generally limited with these guys so I ask questions that I as a fan want to know about. At this time with current rumors I wanted to know what's next for Gnr

• Like 2

Because the answer is going to be the same every single time . One man calls the shots. Time is generally limited with these guys so I ask questions that I as a fan want to know about. At this time with current rumors I wanted to know what's next for Gnr

Thanks for asking and thanks for letting us know, although it's no good news :(

Guest NGOG

I was able to talk to a member of the band ( not gonna say who ) for about 30 mins yesterday at noon about the status of the band. He told me this is the last your gonna see of guns n roses for a long time.

Thanks for sharing the details of your interactions, but I have a few counterpoints:

We've recieved similar warnings in the recent past, but fortunately, they've never actually materialized. I believe it was Richard Fortus that warned of a lengthy hiatus, yet months later, they were out on the road again. With respect to the musicians, their premonitions are usually never accurate.

Again, we've heard Fernando say that before. No longer than last year, he, along with Richard Fortus, were stressing that GNR would only appear sporadically. Yet since that claim, they did a tour of South America, and a Vegas tour.

At the end of the day, it's entirely up to Axl's wishes. Fernando can pretend to be taking a decisive decision, but if Axl wakes up some morning with an itch for touring, management will quickly oblige. When it comes to GNR, anything can be arranged at any given time.

What kind of the same answer? Having hang out with Ron, didn't he ever told you what is the response he receives from Axl when he says "let's do new music/let's release new music?"

Because I'm pretty sure he is constantly asking for it, I remember when he said before the Australia concerts that he was going to email Axl to ask him to record new music, also, he played his song "Argentinian tango" that he wanted to be in a gnr album, but then, it is on his new personal album.

So what your saying NGOG is, axl will tour depending on how often he wants to taste teenage pussy from around the globe ;)

And getting paid for it, love of the crowd, travelling the world. There are no real plans in Gn'R world, cause it mostly reflects what is goin' on in Axl's head which is, of course, total chaos.

Anything can happen. It all hangs on Axl's wishes and what mood he's in, and since he's so volatile, shit changes so quickly that much of it becomes untrue or not relevant not long after it was somehow made public or just known inside of the Gn'R camp.

Edited by Rovim