SLASH featuring Myles Kennedy & The Conspirators Tour 2014 / 2015

batman007

It should be a mix. Hold the cam on Myles when he's singing but show me Slash when he plays the solos

When you're video taping you can do that. This was their video. They run an AB/MK fansite. They chose to just film Myles. Don't like it, don't watch it.

:D sorry, I have to watch it to know how it's recorded ;)

• Like 1

It should be a mix. Hold the cam on Myles when he's singing but show me Slash when he plays the solos

When you're video taping you can do that. This was their video. They run an AB/MK fansite. They chose to just film Myles. Don't like it, don't watch it.

:D sorry, I have to watch it to know how it's recorded ;)

Still worth a listen afterwards :P

I must be the only one who has noticed that Slash no longer has or uses his original top hat. He went from the beanie to the matte-finish top hat seen in the videos above.

Is Perla refusing to give that back? The plot thickens.

I reckon it's the equivalent of women changing their hair or reverting to their maiden name when a relationship ends. Reclaiming the former you!

Could be.

I must be the only one who has noticed that Slash no longer has or uses his original top hat. He went from the beanie to the matte-finish top hat seen in the videos above.

Is Perla refusing to give that back? The plot thickens.

I reckon it's the equivalent of women changing their hair or reverting to their maiden name when a relationship ends. Reclaiming the former you!

Could be.

But he has his shirt open again. That´s something I haven´t seen in a while

Am I the only one who thinks Slash has never really gotten the opener right?

I never liked Ghost or You're A Lie as songs all that much, and I really dislike them as openers. Halo is a great song, and a decent opener... but there's so many better songs to open with, Nightrain, YCBM, AL, Sucker Train Blues, It's So Easy, 30 Years To Life, Automatic Overdrive, Withered Delilah, and a plethora of Snakepit stuff (that sadly he'll probably never play again).

I too have never been fully satisfied with his openers. Here's the issue: he's not gonna open with something that isn't one of his songs, at this late in the game. He has 3 albums worth of true solo material with this band (if you count the self title), so there's absolutely no way he'll open with a GNR or Velvet Revolver tune (or Snakepit, even though I feel your pain there). In fact, I don't think he ever really wanted to do that. This is his band, and it sets a big precedent with the opener being your own tune, which is why I feel he's always tried to do that.

Having said that, I also agree the openers he chooses tend to be the worst. "Ghost being the WTTJ of that album?!!" Well then that is the shittiest attempt at a WTTJ opening ever. They sound nothing alike, and honestly the two are so vastly different that I can't even compare them. Ghost isn't a great song. I don't think its anyone's favorite from the self titled. I don't think You're A Lie is anyone's favorite from AL. He chooses bad openers. Halo was good and a step in the right direction. If you take out the obvious GNR covers and VR tunes, from his solo albums, Apocalyptic Love, One Last Thrill (which he opened with for awhile, I just never saw), Hard & Fast (also used to open), World On Fire, Automatic Overdrive, 30 Years To Life, and possibly Avalon all seem like fine openers to me. Hell, even By The Sword or Back From Cali to open would be a refreshing change.

I agree though that he doesn't quite have a solo song yet that works as an incredible opener. One of the very few flaws with his shows.

I always thought Apocalyptic Love, Hard and Fast and Withered Delilah would be great openers

• Like 1

Velvet Revolver, Kings of chaos, camp freddy, Now slash solo with ex members creeping in. He's just recreating Guns N Roses without Axl over and over again.

It's shite because i believe if they put out two albums between 94-00 they could have been one of the biggest bands ever.

Now its two different bands pretending to be the old band.

Edited by Axl_morris
  • Like 1

Slash is one of the best, most soulful guitarist. Making him one of the Best ever . But w/ Myles Kennedy he's like a NASCAR motor/ Engine in a Prius. . Myles is talented, but he is a rebound singer. Alterbridge: a revison of an already not so great band. .....Creed. Then he somehow works with Slash, and listening to him sing GNR songs .................or anything else ...uck. At least Scott Weiland had his own material and was legit in covering GNR songs. Weiland was not the singer Mr Rose is, but he was Rock N Roll enough to sing for a guitarist like Slasher. That is what I've always loved about Rock N Roll: YOU must be talented, but your attitude is just as important as your skill. Just being good, isnt enough . YOu have to be real. Just my opinion, but I know what I'm sayin'. Ya know what I'm sayin?

Take care of your self and Take care of each other. Independence America!

................Illusions are yours and not mine.

Slash is one of the best, most soulful guitarist. Making him one of the Best ever . But w/ Myles Kennedy he's like a NASCAR motor/ Engine in a Prius. . Myles is talented, but he is a rebound singer. Alterbridge: a revison of an already not so great band. .....Creed. Then he somehow works with Slash, and listening to him sing GNR songs .................or anything else ...uck. At least Scott Weiland had his own material and was legit in covering GNR songs. Weiland was not the singer Mr Rose is, but he was Rock N Roll enough to sing for a guitarist like Slasher. That is what I've always loved about Rock N Roll: YOU must be talented, but your attitude is just as important as your skill. Just being good, isnt enough . YOu have to be real. Just my opinion, but I know what I'm sayin'. Ya know what I'm sayin?

Take care of your self and Take care of each other. Independence America!

................Illusions are yours and not mine.

I know what you mean, although I couldn't disagree more. Here's the thing: I get all the criticism towards Myles in terms of attitude. I completely understand it. It doesn't bother me, but I totally get it. I'm not a big Alter Bridge fan and to me they do sound pretty generic of the times. I don't know if I'd say they're a revision of an already not so great band, but I'm not far off from thinking that. I've really tried to get into their albums, and aside from the fact that I already like Myles from Slash, I can't get into the music. To me, if they didn't have Myles, I wouldn't give them the time of day, and when I listen to it Myles doesn't make it any better to me.

Having said that, and I know its been discussed here before, I'll never understand the fascination with Scott Weiland. Yeah, he comes with his own legit songs and he has a "presence", but I never thought he was that great. Especially coming off of Axl, Scott always seemed like a missed opportunity to me. I was never a big Stone Temple Pilots fan, and Scott's "singing" to me was always the weak part of Velvet Revolver. He has his own identity I guess, but its a pissy, drug addict one. And I say that having seen VR in 06 or 07 and it being one of the best shows I've ever seen, in no small part to Scott being an AMAZING frontman. But he wasn't always like that, and he was always very hit or miss, and on record that rarely came through. He was just another guy that was from a not so great band that worked fine with Slash. Not great, not bad, but never as good as some people claim since VR ended.

Again, just my opinion I guess. I get that people want that fire in Myles, but as I just heard Eddie Trunk say recently on his podcast while describing him, he's a guitarist that never thought he'd be a singer, and he feels naked without the guitar. Thats why he's a timid frontman, especially when you compare him to the previous people Slash has been with. But what he has, for me, is consistency and power, and I don't mind the nasal-ness (but I won't deny its there) so he's the best option we have. I think that ranks him past Scott to me and its why I stick with them. Because he's giving his all and I haven't seen anyone that gets close to the level he brings this band since Axl. They are still really good live, and thats a testament to Myles who is not a frontman by nature. But I still understand how that bothers people and I think its something at this point that you either like or don't.

Edited by gunsfanoldie
  • Like 1

Myles is here to stay for at least another album so better accept it I guess. I think the next Conspirators album will be even better. Situation could be worse. At least we have Slash in a band putting out music every 2 years. Wicked Stone is encouraging in it's quality. World On Fire was a progression from AL in quality imo. Slash seems to be really comfortable making music with these people. I hope Myles won't just write shit lyrics, cause I expect Slash to bring more great riffs and solos to the table.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1