if you could remove one song from Use Your Illusions, What one and why?

My World is a bit of a cop out pick. But so is executing half of the material like I did I guess.

It's weird because I don't like listening to Don't Cry, it's skipsville. For me it always brought the momentum of UYI I to a halt. And the Alt version I have listened to literally twice.

I think they went with the members

RNDTH - Slash is happy

Dust N Bones - Izzy

Live n Let Die - Axl

Don't Cry - Single

Then start rotation agasin

Perfect Crime - Slash is happy

You Ain't the First/Bad Obsession - Izzy

Back off Bitch - Axl Rose song

Double - Izzy

Nov - Axl

Gardens - Slash

Don't Damn Me - Slash

Bad Apples - Izzy

Dead - Axl

Coma - Slash

I know there's some overlap and Slash plays guitar on some songs he didn't write or whatever but anyway I digress

Don't Cry. If I had to take one out of UYI. Pussy Time.

Edited by wasted

I have always loved Bad Apples and Don't Damn Me. Some peoples is crazy.

The worst song on UYI is Shotgun Blues, so that's probably my choice. Although it's a fair point that the second version of Don't Cry was completely unnecessary, and could easily have been a b-side.

The only songs I really can't fucking stand are shotgun blues (although I like the music, just the lyrics can suck a dick), So Fine, and My World. Gun to head, I'd pick So Fine. My World sucks major donkey rod, but at least it's quick and painless. A quick Of Mice and Men "look at the nice water my big ol retard" *BAM* kill.

So Fine is four minutes of being water boarded while having all the webbings of your hands and feet paper cutted. That half assed November Rain solo rehash :facepalm:

Live and let die (liked the original better)

don't cry (sounds good, but cheesy)

perfect crime (Axls talking part)

You ain't the first (doesn't go anywhere)

bad obsession (like second rate Mr brownstone even though written before)

The garden (waste of Alice cooper cameo)

garden of Eden (too many words thrown in)

bad apples (just sounds like b side)

dead horse (nut cracker)

Double talking jive (Axls 'do you dig' parts)

Knocking on heavens door (live version was much better)

get in the ring (overdubs, poor lyrics)

shotgun blues (immature, terrible lyrics)

So fine (duff throw away, plus Axls sighs)

Breakdown (really don't like the chorus)

My world (useless)

Just my opinion

Reading more of this thread has made me realize that maybe a smart move for GN'R would've been to have just done a record with all of the songs written post-AFD (but still include the really important pre-AFD ones like November Rain and You Could Be Mine)

and then after the tour release a collection of all the pre-AFD songs like The Garden, Back Off Bitch, and Don't Cry in demo form (cause let's face it, most of the demos for those songs sounded better than the final versions anyway)

I'd get rid of Bad Apples. It's just completely B-Side maybe even C-Side. My World I always just kinda saw as a bonus through away song. It actually sounded pretty cool blaring over the speakers at their end of their shows as fans were walking out. At least it's interesting. Bad Apples sounds like some shit they thought up while taking a shit, so that's the one I'd get rid of.

Which tour was it used as the exit music?

1992. You can hear on the UYI 2 DVD

• Like 1

My World - as it sounds like an out of place (Axl Rose) experiment. Maybe it should have been saved for a bonus track with a single or something.

Other tracks would include Knocking on Heavens Door, as it's a cover song, and I don't like the song, no matter what artist performs it. Never been keen on Civil War either. Quite why? Slash continues to perform it over other Gn'R songs, I have no idea.. he should perform Double Talkin Jive instead rock4

Edited by star

My World - as it sounds like an out of place (Axl Rose) experiment. Maybe it should have been saved for a bonus track with a single or something.

Other tracks would include Knocking on Heavens Door, as it's a cover song, and I don't like the song, no matter what artist performs it. Never been keen on Civil War either. Quite why? Slash continues to perform it over other Gn'R songs, I have no idea.. he should perform Double Talkin Jive instead rock4

And yet Civil War is the only song with Adler on it.