Bumblefoot elaborates on Weilands comments, Art of Anarchy, no mention of GNR.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/bumblefoot-art-of-anarchy-is-not-competition-or-a-threat-to-any-of-our-other-projects/

Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal has confirmed that his ART OF ANARCHY project will likely employ a new vocalist when and if the band hits the road later in the year.
In addition to the GUNS N' ROSES guitarist, the recording lineup for ART OF ANARCHY's first CD included ex-STONE TEMPLE PILOTS singer Scott Weiland and DISTURBED bassist John Moyer. The rest of the lineup is filled out by Jon Votta on guitar and Vince Votta on drums. The group's debut disc will arrive this spring.

In a statement on his Facebook page posted only hours after the ART OF ANARCHY project was first announced, Weiland minimized his involvement with the group, explaining: "I just saw some press about a side project called ART OF ANARCHY that I worked on last year. I wrote and put my vocals down for these guys and had fun doing a couple of videos too. We had a lot of fun. When they find their frontman to hit the road and play some dates, check them out."

In an exclusive statement to Rolling Stone, Thal wrote that "ART OF ANARCHY is not competition or a threat or interference to what any of us are doing — it's a complement, an addition, one I'm proud of creatively."
He continued: "[There is] no need to minimize or undermine or devalue a project we all worked on together over the course of two years.
"I enjoyed working with Scott. And I'm looking forward to [the SCOTT WEILAND AND] THE WILDABOUTS album release, the Bumblefoot album release, and the ART OF ANARCHY album release. The more music the better, it's what we do, right? :) Artists do collaborations and a month later, their own album comes out. This is normal stuff. All good. :)"
Thal added: "The five of us made an album together. Scott is currently the singer of the band. It's in writing; no confusion. But yes, Scott's solo album and tour are his priority and we're all on the same page about getting another vocalist if ART OF ANARCHY hits the road. But we don't need to cross that bridge just yet. Taking everything as it comes, one step at a time, letting it evolve organically. Where it goes from here (and with who!) is yet to be seen."
ART OF ANARCHY is the brainchild of Thal and the Votta brothers, who have been friends for 18 years dating back to their days on the New York music scene.

Edited by KeyserSoze

misleading thread title, he doesnt mention gnr

imn not talking about his comments, I'm more of opening it up for discussion. The rumors are still swirling that Bumblefoot is no more.. just thought id continue with that. sorry if it seemed misleading!

24yz791.jpg

Do some of you REALLY need an actual announcement on this?

misleading thread title, he doesnt mention gnr

imn not talking about his comments, I'm more of opening it up for discussion. The rumors are still swirling that Bumblefoot is no more.. just thought id continue with that. sorry if it seemed misleading!

24yz791.jpg

Do some of you REALLY need an actual announcement on this?

Until he comes out and publicly states "I left GNR" there's always a chance that he comes back for the next major tour or something. I think he's specifically holding back from making an announcement just to keep his options open.

" "[There is] no need to minimize or undermine or devalue a project we all worked on together over the course of two years.

"I enjoyed working with Scott. And I'm looking forward to [the SCOTT WEILAND AND] THE WILDABOUTS album release, the Bumblefoot album release, and the ART OF ANARCHY album release. The more music the better, it's what we do, right? :) Artists do collaborations and a month later, their own album comes out. This is normal stuff. All good. :)"

It doesn't seem that normal to me. Any knucklehead can see the potential issues of the 2 albums coming out in the same timeframe. I was under the impression that musicians/bands do an album roughly every 2 years ( and not more frequently ) partly because that's kinda how it works out with the media/press giving you publicity, obviously being in 2 bands splits the attention.

So can we confirm that since 2006 It has been Bumble that has complicated GNR more than Axl?

He's coming across as an over ambitious liar! First this new band AOA is going to 'wake rock up' and now it's just a side project.

Axl's had to deal with his big mouth for 9 years! No wonder GNR couldn't properly retake off.

It makes perfect sense.

Finally leave Axl the prima Donna after 8 years, then hook up with Scott Weiland the human train-wreck who does nothing but complicates things.

Weiland was born to cupcake ex GNR members LOL.

Thank you Weiland by take care of him. We now believe even more!

Edited by JoePerry954
  • Like 2

Bumblefoot produced and played on the AOA album, same with the new runDMC/Exodus album. It's all side projetcs, and doesn't mean he is out. GNR is on hiatus right now.

I'm happy for BBF, with the solo record, it's a productive and excited year for him.

This. He's just needing a creative outlet. Believe it or not but writing on your own all the time gets boring/frustrating. He got a chance to write an album with some other musicians and took it. It's what he's wanted to do for years after all.

he doesnt mention gnr

Yes he does:

The more music the better, it's what we do, right? :)

:awesomeface:

That smile in the end says is all :lol:

This BBF guy have been the real prima donna for the last 8 years ... I just hope Axl can finally go forward and release music without him ...

Edited by GUNNER PT

Just. Embarrassing.

I can just imagine Bumblefoot's consternation when being informed of Scott's Facebook post where the assumed frontman and singer of your new band distanced himself as much as possible from it only hours after the band has been presented to the world, by referring to it as "these guys" and that it was only a "fun" "side project", and then having to think out how to spin this for the media. As usual, Bumblefoot did good but there really is not way for him to not make this a farce. Ouch.

• Like 3

Bumblefoot produced and played on the AOA album, same with the new runDMC/Exodus album. It's all side projetcs, and doesn't mean he is out. GNR is on hiatus right now.

I'm happy for BBF, with the solo record, it's a productive and excited year for him.

That's certainly one way of putting it. :mellow: