What are you currently playing? Last game played?

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/9/2021 at 8:20 PM, cou7 said:

I recently finished Resident Evil Village. What a blast. On PS5 it’s beautiful. I heard lots of bad stuff about it, but to me, it’s one of my favorite! Waiting on tomorrow for Tales of Arise and drift hunters v2

for me some times the graphics looked really good, at other times it looked pretty poor, like an older ps4 game, some of the bricks on the walls looked like wallpaper effect rather than bricks that would have shape to them, where as in other areas the bricks looked real, at certain parts the stuff on the tables looked like they were flat and had no effort made to look like it was something on a table, again in other areas it looked like items were sitting on a table, the fat guy you buy stuff from (cant remember his name) from what i remember his legs and gut look low resolution and pretty laughable when watching how they move,  nothing that serious but when you are running on what is ment to be a high powered ps5 id expect the same level of detail in the full game, i dont remember demon souls looking great in some areas and then really poor in others

On 9/9/2021 at 8:20 PM, cou7 said:

I recently finished Resident Evil Village. What a blast. On PS5 it’s beautiful. I heard lots of bad stuff about it, but to me, it’s one of my favorite! Waiting on tomorrow for Tales of Arise and drift hunters v2

7 hours ago, scottish nutter said:

for me some times the graphics looked really good, at other times it looked pretty poor, like an older ps4 game, some of the bricks on the walls looked like wallpaper effect rather than bricks that would have shape to them, where as in other areas the bricks looked real, at certain parts the stuff on the tables looked like they were flat and had no effort made to look like it was something on a table, again in other areas it looked like items were sitting on a table, the fat guy you buy stuff from (cant remember his name) from what i remember his legs and gut look low resolution and pretty laughable when watching how they move,  nothing that serious but when you are running on what is ment to be a high powered ps5 id expect the same level of detail in the full game, i dont remember demon souls looking great in some areas and then really poor in others

I'm near the end of my third playthrough on PC and it looks amazing on high settings with all the ray tracing effects turned on. It's a lot of fun on subsequent playthroughs once you've got the Stake Magnum with infinite ammo.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Very excited to play Forza Horizon 5 that came out this week.  

FH is easily my favourite racing series of all time.  I reached 100 percent completion on first, second, and fourth games.  Still have to play the third.

Other than that, not much else this holiday season that I'm all that excited about.  I know Halo is a big one for many people, but outside of Halo 3, I never got into the series.  

Just finished Metroid Dread yesterday with 100%. Loved it though I was a little apprehensive from seeing the screenshots. Thankfully it plays brilliantly and very Metroid(y).

Next on the list is Hollow Knight and Hades which I've been playing on PC Game Pass and look pretty solid so far.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm tired of all these big AAA games so I'm into short arcade style retro games at this point:

- Streets of Rage 4: oh man, it's just great. Classic brawler, simple controls but you get better and better while playing. 

- Huntdown: Fantastic. Great gameplay, very funny. If you like 80s action movies (and one liners), this is a must have.

- Road Redemption: It's basically Road Rage. Super fun, bit clunky. 

Edited by El Guapo
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Well, it's been three or four months since I last turned on my Xbox.   Think I might try to get through The Witcher III over the Christmas break.  I've owned it for a year or two now but haven't been able to "jump in."

Also waiting for Xbox Game Pass to go back on sale like it usually does this time of year.  If it does, I'll spend way too much time with Forza Horizon 5.  

9 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

And Halo is coming Wed! The game is great

The reviews so far have been fantastic.

After the debacle of its initial preview, I wasn't very optimistic.  I haven't played a Halo game since Halo 3.  Not planning on buying a current gen console for another year or two so might have to wait (unless it's available for XBOX1X).

4 hours ago, downzy said:

After the debacle of its initial preview, I wasn't very optimistic.  I haven't played a Halo game since Halo 3.  Not planning on buying a current gen console for another year or two so might have to wait (unless it's available for XBOX1X).

It is on Xbox1X! Free with game pass too

On 12/7/2021 at 2:16 PM, downzy said:

On 12/7/2021 at 6:20 PM, ZoSoRose said:

It is on Xbox1X! Free with game pass too

It's amazing so far. Playing on PC with Game Pass. Wasn't getting my hopes up after recent instalments but it's the first one that feels like a proper Halo in ages. 

• Like 1

Been playing Halo: Infinite on PC and Xbox Series S. It isn’t perfect and there are some things that I’d have liked to see in the game, but it’s miraculous they put out such a fun and polished product considering it’s troubled development! Very happy with it overall so far 

Also hooked up the new PS5 and my gf download God of War and just started that one

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

Been playing Halo: Infinite on PC and Xbox Series S. It isn’t perfect and there are some things that I’d have liked to see in the game, but it’s miraculous they put out such a fun and polished product considering it’s troubled development! Very happy with it overall so far 

I’m personally stunned at how good it is. I thought 343 were a lost cause after Halo 4 and Guardians but they’ve absolutely knocked this out of the park. 

Love how it looks on PC too with all settings cranked to Ultra. It’s a very pretty game. What spec PC are you playing it on? 

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/18/2021 at 7:56 AM, El Guapo said:

I'm tired of all these big AAA games so I'm into short arcade style retro games at this point:

Having a bit of retro blasting fun myself tonight. This still looks pretty good nearly 30 years later if a bit rough round the edges.

271784038_10165721911270702_331336426890

Playing Octopath Traveller on Gamepass. It’s absolutely amazing. Proper old school JRPG that’s taking me right back to the 16 bit era. 

Fucking awful title for a game though. 😂

octopath_traveler_pc-1200x675.jpg?width=

octopath_traveler_prequel_mobile.jpg?fit

Edited by Dazey
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Finally took the plunge and picked up a decent 4K TV to give my graphics card a chance to stretch its legs. Forza 5 and Gears 5 are an absolute revelation in 4K HDR. I'm seriously impressed and it's all running at a locked 60 FPS on maxed settings. Suck on that PS5 and Series X! :lol: 

Z93rBOr.jpg 

• Like 1

On 2/13/2022 at 7:15 AM, Dazey said:

Finally took the plunge and picked up a decent 4K TV to give my graphics card a chance to stretch its legs. Forza 5 and Gears 5 are an absolute revelation in 4K HDR. I'm seriously impressed and it's all running at a locked 60 FPS on maxed settings. Suck on that PS5 and Series X! :lol: 

Z93rBOr.jpg 

Was the tv your wife’s Valentine’s gift?

14 hours ago, Dazey said:

She’s getting a 4 month trip around Europe so I think I can get away with the TV. 😂

Wait, are you sending her on her own?  

I’m sure your wife is lovely but I have buddies who would consider that a gift to themselves. 🤪