Cat ownership

Gracii Guns

Your cats are gorgeous Ron :)

Thanks. ^_^ I'll tell them they have vet-approval.

Hairy pussies Ronald.

The Mrs. likes it that way.

I want to get a Maine Coon Cat so I can scare the shit out of my neighbors dogs.

Ours are Maine Coon's too. We don't actually feed the white one. He catches small children from the neighbourhood. -_- Nah, actually he's a big old sock. And if he didn't look like such a prancy diva he'd be intimidating as fuck.

Your cats are gorgeous Ron :)

Thanks. ^_^ I'll tell them they have vet-approval.

Yeah I read they are very friendly and love attention which is o.k. with me. Still would like one just to see the look on peoples faces the first time they see the cat.

Hairy pussies Ronald.

The Mrs. likes it that way.

I want to get a Maine Coon Cat so I can scare the shit out of my neighbors dogs.

Ours are Maine Coon's too. We don't actually feed the white one. He catches small children from the neighbourhood. -_- Nah, actually he's a big old sock. And if he didn't look like such a prancy diva he'd be intimidating as fuck.

We decided against adopting the kitten, as we found out that our lettings agent inspects the flat every six months. Cats, with all their housing, food and smell are pretty hard to conceal in essentially a single room. There will be better cat parents out there this time, but if the situation improves, due to the advice and experience shared here, we'll look at offering one a loving home.

Edit: I just want to add here that our hamster is a complete badass. She climbed into the closed drawer of an oak tallboy, 10" off the floor, which I was convinced she would never be able to crawl into.

Edited by Gracii Guns

• 2 months later...

We were offered a grey longhair kitten. He's arriving tomorrow. I can't wait to introduce him to you!

I hope you don't have a lot of black clothing. ;)

Good job I'm not a metal fan or anything. ;)

Around 70% of my clothes are black.

Soon 70% of your clothes will be gray. And hairy. ^_^ Edited by username

• 4 weeks later...

My wife and I discovered this little guy outside our previous home. He was rail thin, not fixed, riddled with fleas, but still very friendly. We took him to the local vet where they checked him for a chip or tag. None found. We were told that we could drop him off at a shelter but being a black cat he'd like never get adopted. So although we weren't looking for a new cat since the one we have demands a lot of attention and has a special diet, we took him in. He's a handful but we're glad we have him. It's unlikely he would have made it through a Canadian winter in the condition he was in.

We named him Charlie.

DSC8039.jpg

• Like 3

I have a cat called Oscar.

He's a selfish little fucker who will whore himself out for a treat and act as sweet as pie if you have a bag of Dreamies in your hand, but will bite the fuck out of you if you so much as look in the wrong direction. My wife and I are in a very abusive relationship with him, where no matter how shit he treats us, we keep loving him, petting him, stroking him, spoiling him rotten. He really takes it all for granted and treats us with nothing but contempt, but the worse he treats us, the more love we show him.

We tried disciplining him in the early days but he gave not one single fuck. He's made it crystal clear that he's the fucking boss and that the reason for our very existence is to tend to his every whim.

• Like 1

My wife and I discovered this little guy outside our previous home. He was rail thin, not fixed, riddled with fleas, but still very friendly. We took him to the local vet where they checked him for a chip or tag. None found. We were told that we could drop him off at a shelter but being a black cat he'd like never get adopted. So although we weren't looking for a new cat since the one we have demands a lot of attention and has a special diet, we took him in. He's a handful but we're glad we have him. It's unlikely he would have made it through a Canadian winter in the condition he was in.

We named him Charlie.

DSC8039.jpg

I don't get the hate for black cats. Mines black. Wouldn't want any other. Haha

My cats becoming more and more of a self centred cat lately. Getting more lazy and fat but whatever. It's a cat, it's what they're supposed to be.

• Like 1

Supposedly beef doesn't digest as well for cats. Recommended meat for them is chicken, turkey and rabbit. Also avoid giving them big named dry cat food such as Meow Mix or even Purina. It is loaded with corn, grains, soys, stuff that cats can't even digest. Also has left over parts of animals not normally used. May even have other cats and dogs in them!

We give our cats canned food called Wellness. You can buy them in bulk cheaper than store. If you must give them more common canned food. Cat diet must be 100% meat. They also don't shit as often on the Wellness, they actually absorb the nutrients. Their coats never looked better, my 13 year old cat, he is like a kitten again. It is insane!

We were recommended James Wellbeloved food. I'm told that dry food makes better kitty poop.

Dry food's better for their teeth.

Royal Canin dry for my fur babies :heart: thanks to vet momma's staff discount :lol:

We use Royal Canin Maine Coon Adult for our cats too. But we also mix in a small amount of Hill's Prescription Diet Feline t/d for a little bit of extra dental care. Maybe 1,5 Kg of Hills to every 12 Kg of Royal Canin. Last checkup our tomcat had a little bit of tartar, so we're making it a little bit more chewey.

We were recommended James Wellbeloved food. I'm told that dry food makes better kitty poop.

Dry food's better for their teeth.

Royal Canin dry for my fur babies :heart: thanks to vet momma's staff discount :lol:

We use Royal Canin Maine Coon Adult for our cats too. But we also mix in a small amount of Hill's Prescription Diet Feline t/d for a little bit of extra dental care. Maybe 1,5 Kg of Hills to every 12 Kg of Royal Canin. Last checkup our tomcat had a little bit of tartar, so we're making it a little bit more chewey.

t/d is really good :)