Original members in talks over world tour (??)

So... there's no extra info there :P unless you count the glaringly obvious "demand is there, they'll become even more wildly rich than they already are". News is when there's actually something to report like "Axl rose and Slash seen entering recording studio" "Slash confirms re-joining Guns N' Roses for massive world tour" blah, blah etc. you get the idea, it must have been a very! slow news day.

I guess the headlines and constant gossiping might be to smoke the guys out and make them make a statement denying or confirming the rumours... problem is, that would work with any other band but It doesn't to have much affect on Gnr, well the "new" bands credibility has been utterly shattered and everybody wants a reunion more than ever meaning CD II is gonna get a warm reception... but besides that :P

If it was actually happening or in the works so to speak then I gotta believe that anyone rubbed wrong for being left out or not included would likely have spoken out about it by now or one of their girl friends would have. It's possible to keep it under wraps but when it comes to the scale that GNR is it would still likely take some shut up money along the way...

The Mirror is a tabloid. It in theory might mean more than a random podcast, on the other hand they post articles about the world ending on September 23rd, Alien abductions and Messi/Bale/Ronaldo to United every fortnight.

Edited by AtariLegend
  • Like 1

News of a potential reunion came from Slash’s pal John Murdy, a boss at Universal Studios theme park.
He said: “I know that Slash and Axl talking again is a really good sign.”
The pair became friends after Slash collaborated with John on a maze for the theme park.

:lol:

I wouldn't trust The Mirror.

The article can be boiled down to the quote "I know that Slash and Axl talking again is a really good sign". Which doesn't even amount to him knowing that Slash and Axl are talking again, just that he's seen the same reports we have.

But yes, if there are any plans whatsoever to carry on GNR next year without Slash, it doesn't help Axl in the long run to allow these rumours to continue to grow. A press release announcing a tour with a guitarist no one has heard of will be a tough sell after all this speculation...

News of a potential reunion came from Slash’s pal John Murdy, a boss at Universal Studios theme park.
The pair became friends after Slash collaborated with John on a maze for the theme park.

:lol:

I wouldn't trust The Mirror.

Me either. Piers Morgan worked there when they were indicted for a hacking scandal and putting out fake stories. There's no paper with less credibility in the UK.

Legendary rock band Guns N’ Roses are close to announcing a $100m reunion tour next year.
According to US sources, guitarist Slash and lead singer Axl Rose want to hit the road for a money-spinning 30th anniversary after finally making up.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/showbiz/goss/465707/Lamar-Corrs-Guns-n-roses-comeback-2015

Edited by Gibbo 27

This is just another rehashed article

The whole "new" thing was this: News of a potential reunion came from Slash’s pal John Murdy, a boss at Universal Studios theme park.

Tabloid or not, everything is pointing to the same direction.

the Axl Rose disaster level 9000

IMO the sheer and utter silence from everyone in both the current camp and the old lineup should be all the assurance we need that this is actually going to happen. Nobody has flat out denied any of the "speculation" or "rumors" that are pretty much flooding the news now on a daily basis. You would think if it weren't true someone would have said something by now.

IMO the sheer and utter silence from everyone in both the current camp and the old lineup should be all the assurance we need that this is actually going to happen. Nobody has flat out denied any of the "speculation" or "rumors" that are pretty much flooding the news now on a daily basis. You would think if it weren't true someone would have said something by now.

I find it funny that it is considered a good thing in a band world when they're completely silent. Only in GNR land. I can't think of a single band that acts this way and then acts like the fans are to blame for the backlash.

I find it funny that it is considered a good thing in a band world when they're completely silent. Only in GNR land. I can't think of a single band that acts this way and then acts like the fans are to blame for the backlash.

I agree Rusty but again, nobody has denied anything and if you remember when the whole "reissue of CD" rumor was floating around Axl himself went in Twitter to say that there was never any intention on re issuing the album. So you would think if it wasn't true something would be said now. I'm going to reach out to someone to see if Murdy actually knows something,