Will the world forgive Axl if he doesn't do the reunion?

The world gave up on Axl at the 2002 VMA's. He confirmed what everyone suspected. He lost his voice, lost his looks, was out of shape and GNR is dead.

A reunion would be a revival of his image. As long as he shows up with his voice, with better looks, and in shape. It will make people believe in GNR again. Just doing the reunion won't be enough, he has to pull out the best of himself again.

Anyone saying it won't be a big deal are crazy. This would be huge. There is a huge vacancy in the Rock genre right now. But it will come down to Axl. You can all think Slash is equally as important but the expectations for GNR rest with Axl, he made them the biggest band on the planet and also made them the biggest joke. He's the frontman and the image. All success starts with Axl, people want to see him do good. It will be huge if he shows up.

So basically it'll be successful because rock fans are desperate? :lol:

You were close! But a reunion will be big if Axl brings his A game. We haven't seen Axl seize a moment or opportunity since the 90's. He's messed up some big gigs in the last 15 years. So sure he might ruin a reunion but if an in shape, great vocalist shows up then the reunion will be something much cooler than a 5 minute victory lap.

Axl could make his band (Nu GNR) "successful" (think Motley Crue) if he wanted to play ball and do the things everybody else does.

Just going off what has transpired since 94 or so, it's pretty fucking obvious by now that he isn't going to play ball.

I believe a proper (as in Axl, Slash, Duff) reunion would be a pretty big deal and a fair bit bigger than all of you who are saying it would be a non event and nobody cares...I just don't believe Axl can play ball, especially after having his own way for 20 years.

Also, LOL at people taking the "Axl has been on a strict diet" thing seriously :lol:

If a reunion happen....
No one cares to rock music...but a reunion would be a sold out event for sure, at least in a first moment. If the world realize that Axl don't have voice, is out shape....then we'll see the band fall apart pretty quickly.
In other words it's victory or death. No middle ground.

"it wouldnt work" is kind of a bold statement.

of course they'll never again rival the popularity of say a one direction or a justin bieber, but i'm certain they could still rock away any other rock band that's still touring.

that is, IF they bring back the original appetite lineup. the sum being more than its parts, and all that.

Axl's left it too late to do anything. A reunion will be disappointing and it absolutely splits my fucking sides that anyone who's followed Gnr for any length of time thinks it wouldn't end up being 3 shows, everyone falls out, tour cancelled.

CD2, no one cares anymore, and if that came out instead of a reunion it would be absolutely slaughtered both by fans of the old band and the press.

As usual, he's got everything he wanted, everything his own way and still managed to completely fuck everything up.

What can you say about a guy who can't release an allegedly complete album in 7 years despite having been given well over a decade for the previous one?

He can't keep in shape. He can't hold a band together. He can't put out albums. He won't rehearse. He gets on TV in front of massive crowds and international audiences for things like Rio and through his lack of effort and preparation makes a fucking clown of himself and everyone around him. He never learns, they leave, he whinges and whines.

Difference is now nobody buys into his 'vision' anymore. No one really cares.

All anyone with half a brain should expect from Axl at this point is a big shitty heap of nothing capped off with the occasional mortifying disappointment. Don't feel too bad for him though. A. He brought it all on himself and B. He's done a great job of surrounding himself with paid off brown-nosers who'll hide the fact that the world is laughing at him.

Axl shouldn't forgive Axl for what Axl has done to Axl.

Excellent post.

Not that he gives a flying fuck...but do we really want to see a reunion of 60 year olds?

I wish they have had done it in 2002 or 2006..but really...Its now or never.

I don't care if he brings Hendrix back from the dead and tours Chinese Democrazy 2 ...it ain't gonna work.

99% of the world doesn't give a flying fuck about what Axl does or doesn't do. It's just us losers.

It only took a blurb from slash in an interview to start a storm of reunion speculation in the press around the world.

Edited by DIST

Not that he gives a flying fuck...but do we really want to see a reunion of 60 year olds?

I don't care if he brings Hendrix back from the dead and tours Chinese Democrazy 2 ...it ain't gonna work.

99% of the world doesn't give a flying fuck about what Axl does or doesn't do. It's just us losers.

It only took a blurb from slash in an interview to start a storm of reunion speculation in the press around the world.

Exactly! It is a short list of music acts that would create a storm of speculation like Gnr has with just one comment...and not even a clear and bold one!

Exactly! It is a short list of music acts that would create a storm of speculation like Gnr has with just one comment...and not even a clear and bold one!
Really though? Has the world press jumped on it? Or just a handful of articles you seek out that get posted here? Yes, there was some buzz in music land. But that's music land. And even then - being interested if it DOES happen is miles apart from "Will the world forgive Axl if he doesn't do the reunion". The world is NOT that preoccupied with Axl Rose. If one of the biggest bands from the late 80's and early 90's does come together, sure there will be some buzz. But if they don't, nobody will really give a fuck. Edited by username
  • Like 1

Not sure if I'm understanding how some people think. Axl voice sucks, his entire performance has been pure excrement since 2011. Why would anyone who think like myself be mad at the fact that he's not going to do a reunion of REAL Guns N' Roses? In a reunion, he would still suck. He would still be a complete and sad embarrassment. So what's the point?

If Axl doesn't reunite real Gn'R, I don't give a shit. And if he does but still sounds and performs like utter shit, I would still point that out and criticize him as always.

I'm waiting for Slash's new record and tour so I can go see him again.

Axl is a very easy target but I'm still not convinced that all that we've seen from him in the previous years, and the hiatus now, don't have something to do with physical issues we know nothing about. It's been rumored before and it would make a tremendous amount of sense to me, especially with his changing voice and physical appearance.

The world isn't really paying attention to what he's doing one way or the other. We act as though that's a negative thing, but it might not be, at all. It might be in his very best interest. The man doesn't owe anyone a reunion, and if he wants to spend the rest of his life traveling the world or sitting in his mansion watching TV, it's his life.

Edited by stella

Really though? Has the world press jumped on it? Or just a handful of articles you seek out that get posted here? Yes, there was some buzz in music land. But that's music land. And even then - being interested if it DOES happen is miles apart from "Will the world forgive Axl if he doesn't do the reunion". The world is NOT that preoccupied with Axl Rose. If one of the biggest bands from the late 80's and early 90's does come together, sure there will be some buzz. But if they don't, nobody will really give a fuck.

i had numerous people in my life call or text me when they heard about this so there was a buzz for sure..but i do agree with you, if they DONT make a reunion happen i doubt anyone will care as well

Without the reunion Axl will always be known as the loser who ruined Guns n Roses. That's just a fact. That's the perception at large and it would be hilarious to see anyone try to argue otherwise. If they reunite and put out a good album he may be given some reprieve but honestly hiss legacy is intact as a wicked frontman who became a joke of his former self and a douchebag who ruined Guns n Roses.

I do not think the world cares about a 'GN'R reunion' as much as people (here) make out. A GN'R reunion would not be as big an event as a Zeppelin, Floyd or ABBA reunion. It would be a moderately successful arena tour for two years then people would get bored again.

Zeppelin, Floyd? both of which got back together before, GNR? haven't played together since '93. The world doesn't care as much as we do, OK. OBVIOUSLY a GnR fan forum is going to care more about any GnR news (with or without a reunion) than a regular joe... BUT! the GnR reunion is a huge story. It's an arena tour? bah! if that's all it was promoters would not be chomping at the bit to get this band back on the road. GnR reunion equals lots of stadiums and bigger indoor arena shows, huge festivals and a lot of people paying a lot of money to come see it. Don't under sell it because you're sulking with uncle Axl.

I do not think the world cares about a 'GN'R reunion' as much as people (here) make out. A GN'R reunion would not be as big an event as a Zeppelin, Floyd or ABBA reunion. It would be a moderately successful arena tour for two years then people would get bored again.

Zeppelin, Floyd? both of which got back together before, GNR? haven't played together since '93. The world doesn't care as much as we do, OK. OBVIOUSLY a GnR fan forum is going to care more about any GnR news (with or without a reunion) than a regular joe... BUT! the GnR reunion is a huge story. It's an arena tour? bah! if that's all it was promoters would not be chomping at the bit to get this band back on the road. GnR reunion equals lots of stadiums and bigger indoor arena shows, huge festivals and a lot of people paying a lot of money to come see it. Don't under sell it because you're sulking with uncle Axl.

Zeppelin and Floyd however are considered rock royalty. GN'R are considered hair rock, famous for about three-four songs during the late 1980s and early '90s (''Sweet Child'', ''Jungle'', ''Paradise City'' and ''November Rain''). If they booked one-four shows, I could see stadia - certainly - but it is difficult to envision a tour, over the course of a year or so, playing places like Wembley or LA Forum.

Without the reunion Axl will always be known as the loser who ruined Guns n Roses. That's just a fact. That's the perception at large and it would be hilarious to see anyone try to argue otherwise. If they reunite and put out a good album he may be given some reprieve but honestly hiss legacy is intact as a wicked frontman who became a joke of his former self and a douchebag who ruined Guns n Roses.

Don't forget that everyone wrote him off in the early 00s, he was a chub then too. He comes back in 06 and everybody has forgot about the poor 02 tour / VMAs and the paunch. If he comes back (even with the current incarnation) looking and sounding good, with a decent album people will be happy to see him, and they will continue to go to the shows.