12 Nastiest Things Former GN'R Bandmates Have Said About Each Other

12 Nastiest Things Former GN'R Bandmates Have Said About Each Other

Duff is "spineless," Slash is a "cancer" and all the other classic Guns N' Roses mudslinging

November 12th, 2015

Rumors about a Guns N' Roses classic-lineup reunion are again swirling, fueled by a series of cryptic dispatches from the band's official Twitter and a dubious claim made by a former Real Housewives of Beverly Hills star. The latest wave of speculation follows August reports that Slash and Axl Rose had mended their longstanding rift. While bands get back together every year, the prospect of a GN'R reunion seems especially noteworthy, mainly because of how much acrimony has brewed between the former members since their piecemeal mid-Nineties breakup. Here, we offer a refresher course on the worst of GN'R's interband mudslinging.

1. "Personally I consider [slash] a cancer and better removed, avoided — and the less anyone heard of him or his supporters, the better." —Axl Rose, during a post–Chinese Democracy interview in 2009.

2. Duff is "spineless"; Slash "hates Matt Sorum" —Slash, quoted by Rose in the singer's account of a purported early morning visit to Rose's house the guitarist made in 2005.

3. "Our roadies would stand behind Izzy's amps, 'cause Izzy would be so whacked of his mind that he would basically be playing a different song in a different key, and the only way we could do the songs is, every time he would go to his amps, he would turn his amps up and he would turn around, to the crowd. When he would turn around to the crowd, the roadies would reach around and turn his amps back down so that we could play the song." —Axl, onstage in Boston in 2002.

4. "That's it, I'm done with him; I'm never mentioning him or talking about him again." —Steven Adler on Rose to Rolling Stone in 2012.

5. "That's been 13 years since I've played in that band, and I've done five, six albums since I played in that band and 10 tours, and Axl hasn't done shit, so I don't know what to tell you." —Sorum, when asked about GN'R reunion rumors in 2007.

6. Sorum was a "former employee" —Rose, in a 1999 statement concerning GN'R's contribution to the End of Days soundtrack.

7. "I don't see Axl, though. I don't see 'Asshole.'" —Adler, when asked about his contact with former bandmates in 2005.

8. "He's in my ass — that's where Slash is." —Rose, onstage in Leeds in 2002, in response to a fan's "Where's Slash?" shirt.

9. "Well, you know, spontaneity and rock & roll go together. And chemistry. It comes back to the old adage: If it takes you more than five minutes to write a song, then just scrap it. I don't know. Axl Rose is a very, very fickle guy, and he changes his mind all the time. So who knows?" —Duff McKagan, when asked about Rose's notoriously long-gestating Chinese Democracy in 2005.

10. "Oh, those memories are tarnished. They've been tarnished for a long time." —Adler, when asked to reflect on his time in GN'R in 2009.

11. "Neither former members, label representatives nor the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame should imply whether directly, indirectly or by omission that I am included in any purported induction of 'Guns N' Roses.'" —Rose, declining his Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction in 2012.

12. "He's insane — that's it. The bottom line — the fucker's insane. I said it. OK, fine, fuck me. I said it — he's insane. I try and try to be fucking so cool about him ... I swear to God, he's a nutball." —Adler, when asked about Rose's current GN'R lineup in 2010.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/12-nastiest-things-former-gnr-bandmates-have-said-about-each-other-20151112

Edited by Funky.Monkey
  • Like 1

That clip of axl showed me then how much he really truly cared for slash.. Shame that perla the beta and the rest of team Brazil kept them apart for so long..

ehhh Axl is his own man nobody kept him from reaching out

Axl had probably started to let go of the grudge around that though

These guys. LOL. Someone on here made a post about this band feeling like a sitcom. Reading some of this stuff in context of the friendship and history they have shared together, it's kind of hartwarming. Friends fight and get over it and laugh about things from the past

Edited by Caught_in_a_Coma

On the off chance that any of those guys read Rolling Stone, this has got to be the WORST possible time to bring all that up,

Fuck it hahaha. I was just talking to someone today about how cool it would be for the intro video for concerts show them all talking shit about each other over the years.. Maybe a minute or two on how they ruled the world then a minute of them trashing each other.. Then lights out.. YOU KNOW WHERE THE FUCK YOU ARE!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

• Like 3

Here is the winner,

The key to Axl’s personality, reckons Izzy, still lies back in Lafayette. “In high school, you know, Axl, he had long, red hair, he was a little guy and he got a lot of shit [because of it]. I think he never got laid, too, in school. I hate to bring this up cos this is getting nasty,” he laughs. “But he never got no pussy at school, Axl. So now the guy’s a big fucking rock star, he’s got the chicks lined up, he’s got money and he’s got people… and the power went to this guy’s head. I mean, he was a fucking monster! Nuts! Crazy!

Izzy

On the off chance that any of those guys read Rolling Stone, this has got to be the WORST possible time to bring all that up,

Fuck it hahaha. I was just talking to someone today about how cool it would be for the intro video for concerts show them all talking shit about each other over the years.. Maybe a minute or two on how they ruled the world then a minute of them trashing each other.. Then lights out.. YOU KNOW WHERE THE FUCK YOU ARE!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
That would be fucking cool.