04/08/2016 - Las Vegas - T-Mobile Arena

James Bond

4 hours ago, Fitha_whiskey said:
4 hours ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

Wow!!! My gf & I are LITERALLY sitting right next to you! We have seats 5 & 6...

Wow!!! My gf & I are LITERALLY sitting right next to you! We have seats 5 & 6...

Wow, me and my ole lady are gonna be right by both you guys. We're literally one row in front of yinz.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, rockphantom said:

This plus 1000!!

This strategy should be used by all fans who don't have tickets.

This is an instance where Axl's tardiness will be to our benefit...

Scalpers likely aren't aware of Axl's tendency to go on around 11PM-12AM.

By 10PM, scalpers will be panicking and fans should be able to name their price...

I'm cool scalping. I bargain for anything when there's no receipt.

But I'm also a planner, and I like assurances. So scalping and last minute craigslist buys have me a little uneasy for this show. I have never showed up to a sold out show without tickets, I just don't go to many, but I'm sure it's like any other sporting event, huh.

The finace and I are flying up to Vegas Friday afternoon, and we're leaving Sunday afternoon. I planned on going to just the first show, but come Saturday night, it sounds like a good idea to hang around the outside of the arena looking for a good deal on tickets..

17 hours ago, Original said:

Chilling- https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XpP2p2oYbcA   *iIm hammered and im YouTubing.   This Vegas weekend gonna be epic.   

Man I have a hard time watching videos from 92.. I just can't take Axl serious with those outfits!!  lol  86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91 and 93.. All good!!! Well maybe the 86 videos with his assless chaps and thong are tough to watch too lol..

1 hour ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

You're not a 7 footer, are you?:lol:

Haha, lucky for you, I am not. Hey, speaking of which, obviously you guys have the VIP floor tickets. Do you think with those VIP tickets and the early entry we might be able to sneak into the GA section? I bought these tickets originally thinking they were GA tickets with the swag an whatnot. I got excited for the presale and wrapped up in the moment and didnt really have time to like read..so yeah.

1 hour ago, Tom-Ass said:

Man I have a hard time watching videos from 92.. I just can't take Axl serious with those outfits!!  lol  86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91 and 93.. All good!!! Well maybe the 86 videos with his assless chaps and thong are tough to watch too lol..

lys

7 minutes ago, challenger70rt said:

Haha, lucky for you, I am not. Hey, speaking of which, obviously you guys have the VIP floor tickets. Do you think with those VIP tickets and the early entry we might be able to sneak into the GA section? I bought these tickets originally thinking they were GA tickets with the swag an whatnot. I got excited for the presale and wrapped up in the moment and didnt really have time to like read..so yeah.

lys

Well, I went VIP to a Guns show in KC. My tickets were for front row reserved balcony. The entire floor was GA at that show. We got early entry for a meet n greet. When that was over, we were the only people in the theater. Most people went straight up to the rail and had their front row spot. We went up to our seats in the balcony since I no longer have any interest in a GA pit, but we could've stayed front row center on the rail if we wanted. So what I'm saying is, yes I think you have a decent chance of sneaking in there if we get early entry...

7 hours ago, rockphantom said:

This plus 1000!!

This strategy should be used by all fans who don't have tickets.

This is an instance where Axl's tardiness will be to our benefit...

Scalpers likely aren't aware of Axl's tendency to go on around 11PM-12AM.

By 10PM, scalpers will be panicking and fans should be able to name their price...

the panic will start once Alice and Chains goes on, especially at these face value prices

i've gotten good to incredible seats for about half of face value countless times for major shows

19 hours ago, paranoyd androyd said:

just wait until the show has started and scalpers will be selling tickets below face value right outside the gates.

you'll be able to choose any tickets you want. don't buy the first you see, walk around and see what different guys have.

remember, their tickets are only worth what someone's willing to pay, you set the market.

i've gotten into countless huge 'sold out' shows this way over the past 20+ years. there's no such thing as sold out.

I might do that for night 2...I'm going to the Pacqiao fight Saturday night but it will probably be over by 10ish....so may go see if I can score a set of tickets afterwards. t

FYI....for anyone using this strategy, make sure the scalper is willing to walk up to the entrance with you....or at least be within eyesight distance.....there could be people selling fake tickets/already used tickets outside the venue.   If they're not willing to walk up with you (especially if you got them at face value or under - there is nothing illegal about them selling you tickets at face value or under) then that should be a huge red flag and move on to someone willing to walk up to the gates with you.

Edited by Kasanova King
  • Like 2

I'm really liking the idea of seeing Tesla Saturday night... Just not sure of my hangover level because I'm seriously gonna need to drink for about 8 hours after this mofo... I'm staying at the Trop, which is just south of MGM. Seems like a lot of people are staying at MGM. I'd really like to get hammered with some huge GnR fans early Saturday morning and talk about what went down... Another reason why Vegas is so great for this! No fuckin curfews or last calls or any fuckin bullshit...

No Trickery! ?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

I'm really liking the idea of seeing Tesla Saturday night... Just not sure of my hangover level because I'm seriously gonna need to drink for about 8 hours after this mofo... I'm staying at the Trop, which is just south of MGM. Seems like a lot of people are staying at MGM. I'd really like to get hammered with some huge GnR fans early Saturday morning and talk about what went down... Another reason why Vegas is so great for this! No fuckin curfews or last calls or any fuckin bullshit...

No Trickery! ?

I won't be in til 10am on Saturday, but I'm game for meeting up / drinking with whomever is available as soon as I get there. I'd love to hear all about the first show from the people who were there.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

Well, I went VIP to a Guns show in KC. My tickets were for front row reserved balcony. The entire floor was GA at that show. We got early entry for a meet n greet. When that was over, we were the only people in the theater. Most people went straight up to the rail and had their front row spot. We went up to our seats in the balcony since I no longer have any interest in a GA pit, but we could've stayed front row center on the rail if we wanted. So what I'm saying is, yes I think you have a decent chance of sneaking in there if we get early entry...

that would be cool although at some point i'd want to sit in my own seat. but if only for a few songs, only to get a really CLOSE UP view of Axl...ahhhhh, that would be frickin' fantastic! :headbang::axl:;)

4 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

that would be cool although at some point i'd want to sit in my own seat. but if only for a few songs, only to get a really CLOSE UP view of Axl...ahhhhh, that would be frickin' fantastic! :headbang::axl:;)

There will definitely be no back n forth travel, I'm sure of that... I'm just saying if he wants to commit to GA, he might have a chance to get in there...

We are 3rd row, and that catwalk into the crowd means we will be close! Don't worry, you're gonna get some good Axl viewing...

• Like 1

Pretty cool that at least a couple of you going ended up with tickets together! That happened to me in 2010 - I bought tickets for the Hamilton show separately from two other friends who were going and low and behold we all ended up together. With the amount of forum members going to these shows, I wonder how many else will end up beside one another just by sheer odds - GA not withstanding of course.

1 hour ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

No Trickery! ?

I just tried to "like" this but was rejayed.  I've done too many "likes" today I guess.  A lot of good posts lately.   LIKE!

3 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

I just want to apologize up front I will probably be really insanely into it...screaming, singing along, dancing etc etc! it's funny cos my husband and I had never been to a concert together before like six years ago and he was unprepared for "concert me"! :P 

LOL.  I love "concert me" too.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

I just want to apologize up front I will probably be really insanely into it...screaming, singing along, dancing etc etc! it's funny cos my husband and I had never been to a concert together before like six years ago and he was unprepared for "concert me"! :P 

Fuck yeah.. I want the energy in there to be insane... It will never be as crazy as it was in their heyday but lets get it close! The electricity of the crowds back than was unreal. I will never forget it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Fuck yeah.. I want the energy in there to be insane... It will never be as crazy as it was in their heyday but lets get it close! The electricity of the crowds back than was unreal. I will never forget it.

Fuck yeah man! Just picture in your mind the moment the lights go out. All of us GnR maniacs are gonna scream at the top of our lungs and raise the horns... Then a note will be struck... Fuckin A it's gonna be an all time memory...

14 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

That's what concerts are all about! Rock the fuck out and enjoy it!

• Like 2

I think (well duh) that when Slash strikes those 1st chords of Jungle (that's gotta be opener right) we will all literally have the chills.  And I'm not kidding.  I'm 45, I last saw the real deal in '92, I may tear up.  I'm not sure how I'm gonna handle this.   I'm serious- this is gonna be......amazing.  

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

Fuck yeah man! Just picture in your mind the moment the lights go out. All of us GnR maniacs are gonna scream at the top of our lungs and raise the horns... Then a note will be struck... Fuckin A it's gonna be an all time memory...

That's what concerts are all about! Rock the fuck out and enjoy it!

yeah, fuck the asshole next to you sitting there with his arms crossed and a stick up his ass.

5 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

yeah, fuck the asshole next to you sitting there with his arms crossed and a stick up his ass.

Keep in mind that the type of fan you describe may be taping the show for fans around the world who cannot be in attendance. It's fun to go wild at a show but be respectful of your neighbors. You never know what their reason for attending is...