Izzy says he is NOT involved with the upcoming GN'R shows

5 minutes ago, Babooshka said:

This is what I'm thinking. If it's a hack, then it's someone who has access to Izzy's stuff, and is likely in his camp. Because some random cupcake could not possibly know this email.

Ok I've hesitated to say this bc quite honestly I'm rather new around here and a lot of you vouched for the Chopaway guy....but it is possible he did this himself.  Now before you call me crazy...the reason I say this is the dude is obviously a huge Izzy fan.  Maybe his intent was in trying to force GnRs hand in to making a statement of some sort regarding Izzys involvement or lack thereof.

Just a theory I'm not accusing the guy, but that Twitter account is clearly not Izzy so either the Chopaway guy got snowed somehow or he's in on it in some way and I feel this is a reasonable explanation.  The dude doesn't run the actual fan site any more, so he really has nothing to lose.

Edited by tsinindy

It was definitely Izzy emailing me previously, otherwise how was the account sending me samples of songs before they got on itunes etc? How did we get FSO Ragga?

@tsinindy No offense taken. I question everything that goes on in GNR land too lol. But nah Im not trying to force anyones hand into giving a statement. I like in the UK and wont be at any of the US gig anyway so dont really mind if Izzys in or out :lol:

Edited by downliner
  • Like 1

I don't even care anymore. It's like I said in that thread I made last week (which for whatever reason, was shit canned into nu attitude), if the band had just been in the up and up with us, none of this would be happening. Properly promoting themselves, and discarding all the needless Area 51 nonsense.

• Like 1

I'm now imagining some kid overseas sitting at his computer trying to guess Izzy's email to pull this off. "How about Izzy @Izzystradlin.com-password JUJUJUJUHOUNDS. I did it! Now I can fuck with GNR-NERDS and get them going! I'm gonna fuck with a guy at Rolling Stone too. Now Beta will have to contact me and I'll have her Whatsapp name*Sits back in  chair in his parents basement and laughs while blasting Chinese Democracy. Fade to black*

3 minutes ago, Bobbo said:

And at this point we should at least add a "*POSSIBLY FAKE*" to the title now, no?

As of now, we're just running off of the email that downliner received from Izzys personal email account saying the twitter account is legit. 

If/when we find out that the email itself was faked or hacked, then we'll be more than happy to proclaim the whole thing fake and a massive troll. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, downliner said:

Izzys email address was known by quite a lot of fans back in the day.

It was definitely Izzy emailing me previously, otherwise how was the account sending me samples of songs before they got on itunes etc? How did we get FSO Ragga?

Actually, I've just checked my folder with interviews from chopaway and he gave his email in one of the Q & A... Plain and straight.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, downliner said:

Izzys email address was known by quite a lot of fans back in the day.

Do you recognize the way this Izzy writes? Like does Izzy usually use I´ve instead of I've or having a space between the last word and the commas, exclamation marks etc?

1 minute ago, CheapJon said:

Do you recognize the way this Izzy writes? Like does Izzy usually use I´ve instead of I've or having a space between the last word and the commas, exclamation marks etc?

Yeah, I mentioned the comas and the spaces before and someone mentioned the apostrophe. This Izzy is probably a non-English-speaking Izzy :lol:

2 minutes ago, Asia said:

Yeah, I mentioned the comas and the spaces before and someone mentioned the apostrophe. This Izzy is probably a non-English-speaking Izzy :lol:

Or someone who has cupcake accounts for many nationalities of people and forgot to change their keyboard back. :lol:

Hi all,

Long time reader, first time poster & all that. Signed up after the reunion/rebanding/whatever announcement & now felt I'd drop a line to see if I can help with this Izzy question mark....

@downliner - I have a suggestion that might clear things up. Don't know if this helps?

Rather than someone 'hacking' Izzy's account - if this is a fake, it could be more likely that someone is 'spoofing' his account.

It's easy to use any reply address when sending an email. I could send an email from axl@gunsnroses.com if I wanted, but it wouldn't be legit - and it would be easily identifiable too.

It would be identifiable by the email header - so.... here's my suggestion - look for the email header in this message you've just received to back up the twitter account. There's various ways to find it depending on your system / mail client / etc - a quick google throws this up, but I can look into it a little further if it's too vague (it's been a while since i've had to do it....)_ ... http://whatismyipaddress.com/find-headers

Basically - if you can look up the header on this new email, and look up the header on any previous emails from Iz (assuming you still have them, that is) then we've got a pretty much foolproof way of finding out if it's the same guy. If it matches, it's legit - if it doesn't, it probably isn't.

Or - and I don't know your relationship with him, so perhaps it might be weird or not - but you could always hit him back with something along the lines of 'Hey - nice to hear from you - as you can imagine a lot of folk are wondering if this is legit - any chance a of a photo of you with today's paper or something that'll conclusively prove it is the real Izzy...?" :-)

Edited by Ulnar
  • Like 1

In fact, Izzy does sometimes come out of his way to debuke fakes. This is from 2012:

please let the fans know once again that all the IZZY STRADLIN TWITTER,MYSPACE,and FACEBOOK accounts are FAKES.Seems some of the fans are getting duped by the fakes.I have contacted the sites and informed them of the issue but they continue to allow the fakes to carry on...

And from 2013 when he dismissed the fake interview posted by wfa:

Hi Ed
Just looked online at a few fake interviews .I have not answered any questions online or done any interviews for years . Thanks
Izzy

Quotes from IzzyDutch @ HTGTH

Given that ^ I think it might be reasonable to him to go out and say that he's not involved with GNR if that was the case - he seems real honest with his fans. And he HAS trouble with punctuation! :D