Signed Drumhead to be Auctioned Off For Flint, MI Benefit

6 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

Perspective?  Can you honestly tell me when Frank plays AFD songs, they sound the way they souneded when recorded?  Honestly?

I haven't heard one person say they do.  There is no perspective needed other than an honest ear.  Frank is a very solid and talented drummer, no one is saying he isn't.  

But, what we want is for the songs to sound the way they were freaking recorded and in that sense no one can do that other than Adler, but there are better options than what I've heard from the way Frank plays them.  

Why should they sound exactly like they were recorded? If you don't like Frank's drumming, that's fine, but some people may prefer his style. It's up to everybody's taste. 

I don't get this whole nostalgia craze. The best thing with this new lineup for me is the fact that it's a NEW band with killer players and I can't wait to see how they sound together. And hopefully they release some music in the future. If it was Steven and Izzy that would sure be cool, but they're not and I don't see it as a realistic scenario. I would take a new band willing to move forward and create something over a few AFD 5 one-offs any day of the week.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, IkaruFunk said:

Why should they sound exactly like they were recorded? If you don't like Frank's drumming, that's fine, but some people may prefer his style. It's up to everybody's taste. 

I don't get this whole nostalgia craze. The best thing with this new lineup for me is the fact that it's a NEW band with killer players and I can't wait to see how they sound together. And hopefully they release some music in the future. If it was Steven and Izzy that would sure be cool, but they're not and I don't see it as a realistic scenario. I would take a new band willing to move forward and create something over a few AFD 5 one-offs any day of the week.

Let me re-phrase...they don't "have" to sound like they were when they were recorded. But the drums shouldn't sound like shit, which is how they sound when Frank plays those songs.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, IkaruFunk said:

They don't have to sound exactly like they were recorded... Matt and Brain didn't any they were fine.. They at least stayed true to the songs..

And Axl has had a NEW band with killer players almost every year of the last 2 decades and they were all bad.. It isn't about nostalgia.  It is about what was once one of the greatest bands of all time.. The closer we can get to that spirit and sound, the better.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

They don't have to sound exactly like they were recorded... Matt and Brain didn't any they were fine.. They at least stayed true to the songs..

And Axl has had a NEW band with killer players almost every year of the last 2 decades and they were all bad.. It isn't about nostalgia.  It is about what was once one of the greatest bands of all time.. The closer we can get to that spirit and sound, the better.

Fair point. Although I don't really think the songs will "sound like shit" or that it "won't stay true to the GNR sound" with Slash and Duff in. Matt's playing was quite different to Steven in the UYI days, but he infused his style to another two albums of material and I think that's a big sticking point. Frank didn't release anything notable with the band yet, would be interesting to hear that. Let's wait till Vegas and see.

Axl had a killer lineup in 02. Admiteddly very different, but I wouldn't call them bad by any means. The only thing bad was the fact that they didn't release anything and played covers 90 percent of the time.

It think it is legitimate to be disappoint about the supposzed line-up... fans want a reunion, and a full one, why not?

After, we have to recognize that the line-up even without izzy or steven could sound very good... remember the great show of Axl at Rio for instance, there was only Axl as an original member but the show was to remember (yes, I have difficulty to say it was guns :)   )

3 hours ago, betterman said:

Pitman is currently working With Tool - think he comes back to GNR at one point but not sure if he is needed in these reunion shows

My only need/want for Pitman remains if they're going to do CD songs, which I do want to hear.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

My only need/want for Pitman remains if they're going to do CD songs, which I do want to hear.

And I thought you were cool ;)

I watched that O2 Arena show last night and thought all the CD songs stuck out like a sore thumb and sounded completely outdated, I am praying they don't play any of that stuff. If they do, I hope it is one song and Dizzy takes care of whatever Pittman does.. Pittman being there makes him feel the need to add his unwanted contributions to songs like Rocket Queen and It's So Easy.. Not cool...

Now that Guns is somewhat back together why not keep it Guns and have a side band to take care of all Axl's 90's industrial ambitions? Slash pretty much said that  he didn't like the music on CD, why make him play it?

We want these shows to be off the charts.. From what I saw watching that show, every time they busted out a CD song, the audience went flat.

Edited by Tom-Ass

3 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

And I thought you were cool ;)

I watched that O2 Arena show last night and thought all the CD songs stuck out like a sore thumb and sounded completely outdated, I am praying they don't play any of that stuff. If they do, I hope it is one song and Dizzy takes care of whatever Pittman does.. Pittman being there makes him feel the need to add his unwanted contributions to songs like Rocket Queen and It's So Easy.. Not cool...

Now that Guns is somewhat back together why not keep it Guns and have a side band to take care of all Axl's 90's industrial ambitions? Slash pretty much said that  he didn't like the music on CD, why make him play it?

We want these shows to be off the charts.. From what I saw watching that show, every time they busted out a CD song, the audience went flat.

I totally get why a lot of people wouldn't want to hear CD songs, but some of them are among my favorite GN'R songs, so that's why I'm hoping for inclusion. We'll have to see how it works out with Slash playing on them as well. Hell, I'd vernture to guess that 90% of the audience might even get over excited assuming that they're hearing a brand new GN'R song even though it's years old lol

• Like 2

I never followed Guns after Slash left,l have recently watched some bits of nuguns on you tube and it wasn't for me,maybe it's an age

thing.Im the same age as Slash so maybe that's why I prefer his era of Guns! Russ could be right about people thinking they are hearing new

material! I wouldn't recognise a CD song if I ever heard one on the radio(which I haven't).

I might like CD if Slash and Duff played them?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, janrichmond said:

I never followed Guns after Slash left,l have recently watched some bits of nuguns on you tube and it wasn't for me,maybe it's an age

thing.Im the same age as Slash so maybe that's why I prefer his era of Guns! Russ could be right about people thinking they are hearing new

material! I wouldn't recognise a CD song if I ever heard one on the radio(which I haven't).

I might like CD if Slash and Duff played them?

The only thing that resembles Guns N' Roses about the songs are Axl's voice. It is easy to see why it didn't resonate with a large ratio of Gn'R fans.. I gave it a shot.. I was following it for awhile.. Listening to the leaks and RIO show.. Bought the End Of Days soundtrack and even went to a show in 2002.. I just wasn't into it and I had to stop fooling myself.

1 hour ago, Tom-Ass said:

The only thing that resembles Guns N' Roses about the songs are Axl's voice. It is easy to see why it didn't resonate with a large ratio of Gn'R fans.. I gave it a shot.. I was following it for awhile.. Listening to the leaks and RIO show.. Bought the End Of Days soundtrack and even went to a show in 2002.. I just wasn't into it and I had to stop fooling myself.

I'd say you gave it a good shot! Way more than me,I kind of gave up after I heard OMG(if that's what it's called) l would NEVER have that pegged as GNR!!

• Like 1

I do so hope the good people of Flint, MI aren't holding their collective breath for the generous and charitable donation of money raised in their honor from the timely auction of such a news-worthy item as this confirmed GNR tour-lineup signed drumhead.

On 18. mars 2016 at 3:02 AM, themadcaplaughs said:

I know, technically speaking, this is not definite, but it's still pretty cool to have some idea that we'll have the Axl/Slash/Duff/Dizzy/Frank/Richard lineup. 

It's a strong line-up.

I think it rivals the UYI tour line-up.

Solid line up imo. And a good balance too.

Would be cool to have Izzy on board, but Fortus is fucking solid as and I reckon will complement Slash well to get that two guitar sound that is so very much guns. Dunno why the hate for Frank, he is a brilliant drummer. 

I still think Axl is going to be the weak link (which I probably felt more often than note during the 'newguns' era if i'm honest with myself - that doesn't include the aura he brings and showmanship of course)

6 hours ago, RussTCB said:

But what is wrong with Dizzy that stops him from doing this? I mean what exactly does Pitman do, that only he can do?

And anyway, even if CD songs are played, they could be adapted to only require Dizzy, or Dizzy and Axl at most.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Babooshka said:

But what is wrong with Dizzy that stops him from doing this? I mean what exactly does Pitman do, that only he can do?

And anyway, even if CD songs are played, they could be adapted to only require Dizzy, or Dizzy and Axl at most.

Totally agree. I just meant if they're gonna play them as is, I would assume Chris is needed. When I remixed the entire album, the first thing I did was mute the "Additional Intruments" track on almost every song, so I'm completely down with them getting rid of all that extra stuff.

10 minutes ago, Ulnar said:

Sorry, what? Obviously this is something I've missed. Is there a re-mix of Chi. Dem floating about? Anywhere this can be heard?

No, not an official remix by any means. I simply took the Rockband files that were around and remixed the entire albums for myself. To me, it sounds a hell of a lot better. More like a band playing songs together IMO.