Axl Joining AC/DC? New pic posted on TMZ

NachoLZ

3 hours ago, IncitingChaos said:

You know the big thing here is this would actually be a dream come true for Axl...this goes beyond money, timing and other stuff. If Axl wants to do this than let it be, I mean this opportunity won't come up again. He's probably turned down a million offers to do God knows what, but if he accepted something like this than just know it gets him excited and reenergized, it will be good in the long run. 

Besides remember that trunk interview where they talk about him playing Whole Lotta Rosie and Riff Raff...he says he does that to get himself going again. He loves ACDC material

side note..ACDC forum appears to be off to non members now haha

Well, obviously, I ain't gonna kill him for that or even get offended or seriously butthurt or whatever (all of which is generally stupid) so if it is that important and he would like it so much, well, whatever. I just hope it's not gonna spoil the reunion experience for anyone. Just personally now I wanna hear the reports on what is happening on the GNR tour and not what's going on with AC/DC, I'd hate to be reading about this now or watching Axl perform with them while I know he could be on stage with Guns. I wouldn't mind that at any other time, but now, well...

Of course, this is my personal opinion that I know nobody cares or should, for that matter, care about, especially Axl. But then again that's what this forum is for I guess so that's why I'm sharing. It's not my intention to bash him or bring him down or attack him or whatever. The thing is I never cared about the NuGuns, I was absolutely crazy about the pre-1993 Guns. I haven't been truely excited about this band for over twenty years and it feels great to be back there again. And I just wanna enjoy it. Guns, not Axl fronting another band.

Plus I'm not sure this is a good idea. He'll probably get a lot of shit for that, both from the GN'R and the AC/DC fan base. Axl doesn't take shit all that well, this could turn into a disaster which would be an awful thing to happen now. 10 dates is quite a lot, there's some time of touring involved. Will he really get along with the AC/DC guys? There are many egos to clash... He would be a guest singer, he'd have to do what the band expects him to do, I'm not sure Axl can actually be an employee, even if only for a while. Will he adjust to their demands or will there be a huge fight that will do nothing good for his public image at all? I'd say it's a risky business. If it is to happen I'd rather have him do one or two shows maximum. That is a safer option. But then again, we'll see...

The only thing that makes me glad about it, if it is true, is the fact that this would really mean the reunion brought Axl back the confidence, the passion, the willingness to do exciting things in music again. Which is great cause it was really sad to see him as bitter and resigned and not giving a shit about anything as he was in the last years. Seems like Mark Canter was right that Axl will never be himself again untill he gets rid of the pain and bitterness of his feud with Slash which finally happened and maybe we'll get the old Axl back again. The one that had dreams and huge plans for the years to come. Let's hope so cause I missed that guy a lot.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Asia said:

No, you get it wrong. There's nothing wrong in him dedicating a month of his life to guest singing for AC/DC. Just not necessairly now, making a huge sensation and promotion for AC/DC in the wake of the first real GN'R tour in decades. For example, Slash and Duff have other projects too but they're not engaged in them now. Now is the time for GNR. For the tour, for some new music, FINALLY. It's the timing that bothers me not the fact that he does smth outside of GNR in general.

Call me selfish as much as you like but I'd rather have him prepare for the GNR tour now and invest in this than be focusing on touring with ACDC.

Of course, it may be a one-off or something for the future, then ok. But if the GNR thing gets postponed because Axl is doing a leg with AC/DC then, sorry, I ain't gonna be happpy about it and probably many people won't be. I just hope these many don't include the band members...

You seem to be one of those people who get extra worried about things that didn't even happen. It sucks living that way because you don't enjoy anything.

Neither you or I know when these shows are taking place. You don't know GNR plans. None of us do. Yet you act like Axl's mother... I mean, the guy is a professional singer, rock legend, one of the biggest rock icons still alive and you think you know better than him?

Dont get offended but it doesn't work like that. Axl will do as he pleases. It's been proven he does and he's in no hurry. He will take a century to release a new album and there will be no Asia who could convince him otherwise.

"GNR postponed" sounds almost like a joke. What's the hurry now? They didn't reunite 10 or 20 years ago when they were all much younger, one more day, one more month now it's meaningless.

This is a slow band, this is a weird band, Axl may decide he wants to become an actor in the middle of all.

"He can and he will" (Ross Malcolm Young, March 2016)

4 hours ago, uncivil war said:

IF this turns out to be true, and IF Axl nails it and wins over the obviously hostile ACDC fans, he will cement his place as one of the greatest rock frontmen of all time, IMO.

The AC/DC crowd are tough. Axl will need to ignore any negative behaviour from them and continue to sing..no rants or stopping the concert/walking off. 

4 hours ago, uncivil war said:

IF this turns out to be true, and IF Axl nails it and wins over the obviously hostile ACDC fans, he will cement his place as one of the greatest rock frontmen of all time, IMO.

I think he's already done that with his own resume but I agree it would definitely make him look good.

• Like 1

I've been seeing and hearing about Axl Rose fronting AC dc all over place from my local newspaper in the eastern San Francisco Bay Area, to all the local rock stations and countless websites. It's getting a huge amount of attention. But whenever I talk to people about it they take it as a complete joke and don't want it to happen

9 minutes ago, supercool said:

are they ?

i mean, these crowds are supporting a band that has recorded a dozen of albums that all sound the same.

Yep, no Chinese Democracy or St.Anger made by AC/DC...

Edited by -Jaro-
Typo
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Sprite said:

I think he's already done that with his own resume but I agree it would definitely make him look good.

I agree. In my eyes, he has already has a spot as one of the greats. But not everyone thinks this, and I believe that if this all goes well, many will change there minds.

3 hours ago, uncivil war said:

I agree. In my eyes, he has already has a spot as one of the greats. But not everyone thinks this, and I believe that if this all goes well, many will change there minds.

The problem with this is that AC/DC fans don't seem to like Axl....so even if he goes out and sounds as good as he as ever sounded, there is a good chance he will still get negative feedback from AC/DC fans and that's the last thing he or G N' R need in the middle of a massive reunion tour.  It would make no sense for Axl to do this...none. 

1 hour ago, Kasanova King said:

The problem with this is that AC/DC fans don't seem to like Axl....so even if he goes out and sounds as good as he as ever sounded, there is a good chance he will still get negative feedback from AC/DC fans and that's the last thing he or G N' R need in the middle of a massive reunion tour.  It would make no sense for Axl to do this...none. 

If there's a gap in touring it could be good as warm up shows. The more shows the better he sounds?

But yeah backlash south central. 

But like you said just the idea that he can sing good enough to so ACDC kills one of the worries people have. Now some celebrity has to give him a giant Rolex.

Rolex. Stay on Axl Time. Whoops. 

1 hour ago, Kasanova King said:

Indeed. Close to half of those posts on forums/facebook are almost hateful - they don't see it as a friendly gesture, rather a personal insult. You do someone a favor so he/she can hate you more, one of those things..

IMO best option for Angus is - postpone last 10 shows, invite several vocalists and make an homage to/celebration of AC/DC, a long goodbye - epic 10 part farewell gig. You wouldn't be able to find a ticket for gold LOL

BTW, why not call Dave Evans, he is their original frontman, and his singing style/voice much closer to Bon's than Brian's, so in effect fans would have a chance to hear "Bonified" version of their post 1980 material.

2 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

okay so has AC/DC not changed their date on their website, or is tonight the first night? Is tonights show even happening? 

The website has yet to be updated to remove the dates. The original dates have been "disappearing" one by one from their site as if the shows have actually happened.

4 minutes ago, sonofnazareth said:

Listen to an album called 'If you want blood, you've got it'. It was record in Glasgow (1978)...AC/DC at their best. 

I got their early stuff, I just dont like every song :D

raff, wlr, hell aint a.., and the Jack are awesome there though. 

Jack is the first song that I want GNR to cover from them. 

• Like 1