Axl is killing this reunion

first all of this AC/DC crap, is he serious? shouldn't he be worried about rehearsing and playing with the GNR guys, now the news that Izzy is out over money issues, you know it is Axl who is holding the cards on that one

Edited by k12
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, k12 said:

first all of this AC/DC crap, is he serious? shouldn't he be worried about rehearsing and playing with the GNR guys, now the news that Izzy is out over money issues, you know it is Axl who is holding the cards on that one

What news that Izzy is holding out over money?

Just now, Estranged Reality said:

if by killing it you mean KILLING IT, then yeah

we're getting what we've wanted for a long time, and the icing on the cake is that he's potentially filling in to front for another one of the biggest rock bands of all time. he also looks like he's gotten himself in shape.

stop bitching! let's see what happens first.

I was definitely down for any hybrid of GNR that involved the "old" guys, I assumed Izzy wasn't going to be down for a full time thing since that wasn't his thing, but if it is true that Izzy is out over not getting paid enough or not being wanted, it is putting a damper on the whole thing for me

• Like 1

We don't know he's not rehearsing with Guns. Actually, after fernando's recent picture of Axl's set-up (maraca's, PC whistle, Nightrain whistle) it'd be foolish to think he hadn't at least been rehearsing. Plus the fact that he's, y'know, getting paid about $6 million per show...
And I bet Axl ends up doing 2-3 AC/DC shows tops - the original rumors was multiple guest singers, wasn't it? Either way I don't imagine it'll interfere with Guns - Slash is still recording a new solo album, you'd have to think they'd figure all that shit out.

As for Izzy, who knows what the deal is. There was a quote floating around where Axl said something to the effect of he was 'surprised how much Izzy wanted' for the 2006 appearances, don't remember where from off the top of my head. Of course everybody loves it when Izzy shows up, and it'd be weird if they had Adler there and not Izzy, but who knows what goes on between the guys.

Axl's going all out, I don't think I've ever been prouder as a fan. The guy is trying to front two of the biggest rock bands of all time! Everyone has talked shit about him for months and now a whole different fan base is doubting him, Axl is about to prove a lot of people wrong and put on some kick ass shows for us. I can't wait! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

Axl's going all out, I don't think I've ever been prouder as a fan. The guy is trying to front two of the biggest rock bands of all time! Everyone has talked shit about him for months and now a whole different fan base is doubting him, Axl is about to prove a lot of people wrong and put on some kick ass shows for us. I can't wait! 

So, if the AC/DC rumors turn out to be completely false......is he not going all out?  

We can't judge anything yet.. I have my doubts but am still hoping he comes out and blows us all the fuck away.. I don't necessarily think the AC/DC thing is in the best interest of Gn'R but is ten shows really a lot? Pretty sure this was probably a dream of Axl's when he was a kid.. Maybe it means he is confident in his voice which is a good thing. It would also show big ass balls because a lot of AC/DC fans aren't down with it.

Jesus! they haven't even had a chance to play a bloody show and this is the shite people come out with!? 

We have no definitive info regarding Izzy and why he isn't involved, or even if he is now involved (he may have changed his mind since, or someone might have reached out since his twitter messages). Getting bent out of shape about things we A) don't know for fact B) have zero control over, makes no sense!

26 minutes ago, k12 said:

Now Axl is too active?

• Like 3

Umm no. Guns were always influenced by early AC/DC so it definitely makes sense and Axls a huge Bon Scott fan so why wouldnt he jump at the chance. No singer has ever fronted two of the biggest bands in the world at the same time, its pretty epic. And i imagine Axl is taking it all very seriously.

29 minutes ago, Kosonen said:

I'm perfectly fine with whole ac/dc thing. It might be really cool. Just a temporary thing, maybe Axls dream come true, good for him. But people saying Axl seems to be in shape.....seriously? 

i just laugh when people say he's in shape...

dude's lookin like a soccer ball :lol:

• Like 1

Good grief people. It's the most amazing time to be a GnR fan! Why try to ruin the excitement? Irregardless of where they play their first gig, (L.A or Vegas) irregardless of whether or not Axl is going to do some side work (which Slash and Duff do all the time) and irregardless of whether Axl has gained some weight over the years (big deal) these Vegas shows are gonna be killer, so let's just enjoy the anticipation! 

• Like 1