Official: Axl will join AC/DC for stadium tour/US dates

ZoSoRose

I've got to say - $140 to see AC/DC is pretty damn good.

setiously. Everyone in Europe is bitching about the prices, and we're practically celebrating :lol:

No kidding! :lol:

I've been looking ahead all day and have been putting some preliminary plans in place to hopefully make Ottawa happen.

While the tour dates and prices are all pretty much what I expected, I still think I'll be skipping this. I'm shocked people don't really have a problem with the price. $132 is still a lot of money to me. And the problem is I've seen AC/DC before. I paid that price, or a little less, to see them on Black Ice, but it was to see them once and in an arena at MSG. I figured $120 was worth it for that one time. Was lucky enough to get free tickets from a friend later on that tour and also see them at Giants Stadium. To me, I figured that was all the times I'd ever get to see them. I can't really justify spending that price to see mostly the same set again. What hurts the most is I like the new songs a lot, but not for that price, and the biggest thing is I'm sure since its the 40th anniversary they'll play at least one deep cut I really want to hear. But with how their setlists are laid out, its just not worth the money to see two deep cuts and the good new songs. If the show was $100, I wouldn't be complaining as much, but $132 is just as bad as a lot of artists these days. A lot of money to see someone again you've already seen, even if it is AC/DC.

While the tour dates and prices are all pretty much what I expected, I still think I'll be skipping this. I'm shocked people don't really have a problem with the price. $132 is still a lot of money to me. And the problem is I've seen AC/DC before. I paid that price, or a little less, to see them on Black Ice, but it was to see them once and in an arena at MSG. I figured $120 was worth it for that one time. Was lucky enough to get free tickets from a friend later on that tour and also see them at Giants Stadium. To me, I figured that was all the times I'd ever get to see them. I can't really justify spending that price to see mostly the same set again. What hurts the most is I like the new songs a lot, but not for that price, and the biggest thing is I'm sure since its the 40th anniversary they'll play at least one deep cut I really want to hear. But with how their setlists are laid out, its just not worth the money to see two deep cuts and the good new songs. If the show was $100, I wouldn't be complaining as much, but $132 is just as bad as a lot of artists these days. A lot of money to see someone again you've already seen, even if it is AC/DC.

You do understand that not all of that $132 goes to the band right?

Inflation applies to traveling, expenses, promoters, venues, staff, everything you can think of that goes into making a concert happen. Thus, the ticket price goes up.

Too much for AC/DC tribute,no malcolm,no phil.

"No Phil" is irrelevant when they've got Chris Slade.

As for the ticket prices - the thing is, AC/DC are one of those bands that could get away with charging huge prices, in the same league as U2 and the Stones. Compared to those bands, they really keep their prices down. I mean, to put it in perspective, in the last few years I've paid more to see Iron Maiden, Van Halen, Queen + Adam Lambert, Rush, and probably a couple others I'm forgetting. Hell, even Alice Cooper is charging $95 for the best seats at most gigs nowadays. There's really no arguing that AC/DC should be able to charge more than any of those artists.

I'm with P5. $32 inflation of prices since 2008 really isn't bad compared to other artists in the same league who charge way more. U2, for example, cost me $114 to sit in the upper deck at the ACC. For an extra $18 from that price I can be on the floor up close for AC/DC. $100+ is par for the course for most big names these days, especially in a big market like Toronto.

• Like 1

Honestly, Eddie Trunk said this and I agree with him "AC/DC are still the biggest band on the planet." Who's bigger, and if anyone says U2 they outta get bitch smacked. So all things considered their prices are pretty reasonable if you ask me. I've seen AC/DC the last 2 times they rolled through Detroit and they were awesome shows. Hell the first time I saw them back on the Stiff Upper Lip tour, they played Joe Louis arena in Detroit. When they played Thunderstruck it was like a freaking religous experience, the whole arena was moving. I've never experienced anything before or since at any concert, even the Black Ice show.

I'm sad I can't go..... :(

Edited by Iron MikeyJ

While I agree that no show should truly cost more than like $80, somewhere around the $100 mark is still cheaper than a night out bar hopping with a few friends. Granted, I realize there's offen travel expenses involved with a show and that's a big part too. Still, I can look at AC/DC and call the bare ticket prices reasonable compared to many other bands of their stature, which the prices certainly are.