Jump to content

Tour Lithographs and show specific artwork


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Got all the lithos from the shows I've been to so far up in my basement music room    

Thank you to everybody who helped make this possible. You know who you are

Maybe some of you would like to see a poster design that went unapproved.  I figure it would be fun to see.  This was supposed to be for the Vegas shows for tomorrow and Saturday.  Since there hasn't

Posted Images

On 11/2/2019 at 4:52 PM, uzi your illusion said:

@facefirst had the sickest design for Vegas. Love the new Axl look, loved the color scheme, swirling background colors were amazing. Would kill to have that poster in my collection. And I haven't seen a design that made me really excited for quite a few legs of this tour. Can't believe it didn't get chosen.

 

@facefirst have you kept up with the other lithos from the tour? Do you have any favs besides your own lol.

Thanks so much for the kind words. I’m so happy to hear that people like my work. 
 

Honestly, so far there’s not any posters on this tour that have blown my hair back. Maybe the second night in Vegas. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Totally agree on Louisville. The colors are really different than any that I can think of. However, and I’m biased cause I was there with a ton of friends, but the Charlotte one was great too (I was at Louisville too, so could be biased there as well) Back to back, Charlotte and Louisville were as good as any back to back that I can think of. That’s why I was disappointed with so many of the rest of the fall tour. 
 

I know I’m in the minority, but I do still love the simple New Orleans design. Sometime plain or simple can still be great.

i do think that our expectations are high, now. I used to LOVE the Chicago mobster with Tommy gun litho from 2016. Looking back on it now, I still love it, but it’s pretty simple.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TigerBubba said:

Totally agree on Louisville. The colors are really different than any that I can think of. However, and I’m biased cause I was there with a ton of friends, but the Charlotte one was great too (I was at Louisville too, so could be biased there as well) Back to back, Charlotte and Louisville were as good as any back to back that I can think of. That’s why I was disappointed with so many of the rest of the fall tour. 
 

I know I’m in the minority, but I do still love the simple New Orleans design. Sometime plain or simple can still be great.

i do think that our expectations are high, now. I used to LOVE the Chicago mobster with Tommy gun litho from 2016. Looking back on it now, I still love it, but it’s pretty simple.

I love the Kentucky poster glad I was at that show and got it. Chicago Night 2 is a great poster,  my favorite of the shows I've attended. I have the Little Rock poster from 17 I think it was and it to me is just boring and sad but to be honest it fits the city perfectly boring and sad. People didnt like the St. Louis poster but I absolutely love it and it's still one that sells good. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

My opinion on the Voodoo litho has changed. I'm still very disappointed but nowhere nearly as disappointed as when I first saw it. Knowing that it's just a bad execution of a reasonable idea makes it less terrible. I spent five minutes in Photoshop making (what I think is) a better version. They're subtle changes but I think it would have felt far less disappointing.

Original poster - original inspiration - my modified version:

MtEyBAs.jpg

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, amaninjapan said:

My opinion on the Voodoo litho has changed. I'm still very disappointed but nowhere nearly as disappointed as when I first saw it. Knowing that it's just a bad execution of a reasonable idea makes it less terrible. I spent five minutes in Photoshop making (what I think is) a better version. They're subtle changes but I think it would have felt far less disappointing.

Original poster - original inspiration - my modified version:

MtEyBAs.jpg

And, maybe the Guns N Roses be Guns and Roses like the coffee can. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think this last leg just reminded us how far away (in so many, many ways) we are from the glory days of Japan/Australia/Europe 2017.

I'm not even talking about individual designs but just overall standard and average expectations.

Just now, liqddynamite said:

And it’s basically happened like one time.  It’s incredibly hard to find any gnr merch that says “guns and Roses”

Which merch used it? I certainly don't remember seeing any but I have no problem believing it happened. Plus I rarely pay attention to any merch other than the lithos.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, amaninjapan said:

My opinion on the Voodoo litho has changed. I'm still very disappointed but nowhere nearly as disappointed as when I first saw it. Knowing that it's just a bad execution of a reasonable idea makes it less terrible. I spent five minutes in Photoshop making (what I think is) a better version. They're subtle changes but I think it would have felt far less disappointing.

Original poster - original inspiration - my modified version:

MtEyBAs.jpg

I like your changes.

The worst part of the OG is the Tour 2019, and that font suits the band name way better.

Edited by Ant
Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, amaninjapan said:

I think this last leg just reminded us how far away (in so many, many ways) we are from the glory days of Japan/Australia/Europe 2017.

I'm not even talking about individual designs but just overall standard and average expectations.

Which merch used it? I certainly don't remember seeing any but I have no problem believing it happened. Plus I rarely pay attention to any merch other than the lithos.

It was A white long sleeve shirt with the band members tattoos. And Guns And Roses over the front left breast I believe was the location. I don’t even think it was on purpose. Looked like it made it thru without some dearly needed QA and they just rolled with it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, amaninjapan said:

No, not yet.

A source told me that Buhler was doing Vegas... but... doesn't really look like a Buhler, does it?

A part of me could believe that buhler could have done these but I would think he would've posted them on his instagram. The first nights poster gets a touch better each time I look at it and I honestly think it may look better with the original file on a true color computer monitor. Prints sometimes dont translate what is seen on the screen.  The detail in the hair, the shading of the skeleton face suggest Buhler to me but idk. Dont he hide his name in every piece?

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, facefirst said:

Thanks so much for the kind words. I’m so happy to hear that people like my work. 
 

Honestly, so far there’s not any posters on this tour that have blown my hair back. Maybe the second night in Vegas. 

How about from the previous NITL legs? Would love to hear your thoughts on some of the highlights from  '16-'18.

Kudos again on your  "rejected" Vegas design. I keep going back and looking at it. Absolutely killer.

Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, uzi your illusion said:

How about from the previous NITL legs? Would love to hear your thoughts on some of the highlights from  '16-'18.

Kudos again on your  "rejected" Vegas design. I keep going back and looking at it. Absolutely killer.

Same - love the rejected Vegas litho. I’d be game to crowdfund a print for mygnr members. Who’s with me?!

Edited by nycgunner
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, uzi your illusion said:

How about from the previous NITL legs? Would love to hear your thoughts on some of the highlights from  '16-'18.

Kudos again on your  "rejected" Vegas design. I keep going back and looking at it. Absolutely killer.

It is killer. Mind boggling to see a great idea picked over for inferior product. 

1 hour ago, nycgunner said:

Same - love the rejected Vegas litho. I’d be game to crowdfund a print for mygnr members. Who’s with me?!

Is that possible? He said he was paid for his submission. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...