Will Guns ever embark on an arena tour?

I think they will be going big for a while, maybe in a few years they will, but if they release a new album I'd expect them to stay in stadiums. 

Id like to see some acoustic shows in a theatre or amphitheater or maybe a club with just Axl, Duff and Slash...I think I'd pay $500 a ticket for that

Edited by IncitingChaos
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, scooby845 said:

I hope not... the embarassing times of half sold arenas are finally behind us..

You really don't believe that with this lineup, they couldn't sell out an arena?  Even in the stadiums selling poorly they are selling well beyond what an arena would hold.  

11 minutes ago, mrw80 said:

You really don't believe that with this lineup, they couldn't sell out an arena?  Even in the stadiums selling poorly they are selling well beyond what an arena would hold.  

you misunderstood... I am aware they can sell out every arena, hence I hope their scope gets even bigger - stadium as a standard.

• Like 1

After the Not In This Lifetime tour, I honestly expect arenas. These stadium shows are not sellouts in certain markets and with the curiosity/fan fair dies down, I honestly think arenas is the next step. 

Assuming of course they decide to keep going after this tour.

Any future tours will likely be arena. Perhaps the AC/DC way - a few stadiums in the big markets and arenas in the small markets. I'm talking North America of course because we've yet to see how this tour sells elsewhere.

If they do anything in the US after this it seems it would likely be arenas/sheds.

This of course would exclude festivals and any possible co-headlining gigs.

Has there been any talk of it?  No, not really.  Obviously Axl will finish the US AC/DC dates with them when they are rescheduled, then nothing is certain, tho or appears SA in November or so, Australia/NZ after beginning of year and Europe next summer.

After that any further touring in the US would have to involve new music or Izzy and Steven to be solvent.

Edited by tsinindy

1 hour ago, tsinindy said:

If they do anything in the US after this it seems it would likely be arenas/sheds.

This of course would exclude festivals and any possible co-headlining gigs.

Has there been any talk of it?  No, not really.  Obviously Axl will finish the US AC/DC dates with them when they are rescheduled, then nothing is certain, tho or appears SA in November or so, Australia/NZ after beginning of year and Europe next summer.

After that any further touring in the US would have to involve new music or Izzy and Steven to be solvent.

My guess for the foreseeable future is similar. I'd say this is where we're going:

Finish NITL Stadium Tour
Finish Axl/DC Tour
Head to Europe in fall & winter
Hit the rest of the world in spring
Head back to the US for arena/shed tour middle of next year

51 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

My guess for the foreseeable future is similar. I'd say this is where we're going:

Finish NITL Stadium Tour
Finish Axl/DC Tour
Head to Europe in fall & winter
Hit the rest of the world in spring
Head back to the US for arena/shed tour middle of next year

Possibly, but I've heard from two different fans that Fernando has told them Europe next summer, and that would also make sense if they are doing festivals/stadiums over there.  Too cold for stadiums in Europe during fall/winter/spring.  

Edited by tsinindy

11 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

Possibly, but I've heard from two different fans that Fernando has told them Europe next summer, and that would also make sense if they are doing festivals/stadiums over there.  Too cold for stadiums in Europe during fall/winter/spring.  

Yes, I think a fan filmed Axl saying about Europe next year too. I hope so anyway, I'd rather see them in warmer weather.

I think SA and maybe AUS/NZ at the end of the year.

I would hope after this tour wraps up whenever that is that would be time to head into the studio for new material.I think another stadium tour would be overly ambitious (then again I thought this summer run of dates was)and an arena tour would be the logical thing to follow new material.

44 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

Rigrh on. I guess what I meant overall is that's after Axl/DC, I would assume it's time for the rest of the world to get their dose of this awesomeness lol

I can't see them back in the US for at least a year, maybe a year and a half from now. At that point, I believe we'll see multiple night stands in arenas as opposed to one or two night runs in stadiums. 

3 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Rigrh on. I guess what I meant overall is that's after Axl/DC, I would assume it's time for the rest of the world to get their dose of this awesomeness lol

I can't see them back in the US for at least a year, maybe a year and a half from now. At that point, I believe we'll see multiple night stands in arenas as opposed to one or two night runs in stadiums. 

I agree with all that!   I hope it happens.  Would love to see them again in an arena or shed!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, coolio GNR said:

I'm really afraid of missing this tour. Has there been any talk of Guns eventually touring arena's? I don't live anywhere near a stadium.

if they are going to tour in the future i am going to bet it is in the arenas

If/When they come to Sweden i really hope they play at "Globe" arena. Holds 16-17k i Think. I saw them in Globe arena in 2006. Much more personal than a stadium that holds 60.000+. But they will likely play at Tele2 Arena or Friends Arena (65k)

They lose their appeal after the first world tour, they need an album to stay relevant after this. I see an ACDC album happening first though so as sad as it is Axl may branch off with those guys after this 2 year run with Slash and Duff ends. But I definitely see him coming back to it all at some point, I just think his heart is set on DC if they want him and he's going to do that if the opportunity becomes reality. 

So in 4-5 years I think we could see another GNR album and it will have a stadium tour with it. 

Now if ACDC turns his full time request down then I fully expect a gnr album to follow very quickly at the end of this world tour and I expect it's going to be a badass hard rock album to say to Angus "this is what your missing" 

im not sure what I'm hoping for, but I'm kinda leaning towards a pissed off Axl with revenge in his eyes to make the next gnr album. But if he is able to put his name in ACDC's legacy then I'm all for it too 

2 hours ago, view said:

Yes, they have moved on to half sold stadiums now :lol::P

Why all this talk about poor sales? Name Another band that's not had a radio hit since early 90's and after 23 years do a part-reunion tour and still sell out a couple of stadiums in USA? They are not Selling bad. When they move on to Europé and South America it will be full house!

I agree with the other posters who see aus/nz/asia at the end of this year, europe next june/july/august...

after that... all bets are off... i really hope Axl prioritises a new album with Guns then a new album with AC/DC...

if that happens... we may never get another guns album.. im doubtful we will anyway.

7 hours ago, estranged_85 said:

Why all this talk about poor sales? Name Another band that's not had a radio hit since early 90's and after 23 years do a part-reunion tour and still sell out a couple of stadiums in USA? They are not Selling bad. When they move on to Europé and South America it will be full house!

Sadly I can't think of many bands at all that could sell out stadiums, the closest would be Roger Waters The Wall, but I guess that's much different. I also wonder if Tool could be a stadium band. 

Hopefully they tour arenas. Arenas make for better shows and the fan's ego of wanting them to play the biggest venues possible shouldn't have anything to do with it. U2 can sell the fuck out of any stadium they choose but I'd prefer to see them in arenas. They make for better shows.  Guaranteed a GnR show in an arena would kick way more ass than in a stadium. Why wouldn't anyone want to see them in an arena? Because it's a step backwards in their mind? Please.

• Like 1