Unofficial GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

If I was interviewing Axl, it would go like this:

Me: What brings you out here tonight?

Axl: The excitement of F1 racing. It should be a lot of fun.

Me: Was the Me & My Elvis instrumental ever finished, with vocals?

Axl:  (after a pause) That one was, yes.

Me: Was that song Soul Monster?

Axl: No, Soul Monster became Monsters.

Me: Will we hear any of Robin's or Buckethead's parts in future GN'R releases? 

Axl: You will hear them in bits, but Slash largely recorded over their parts. I hope to release the older mixes as alterative versions or as bonus material in the future.

Me: Was State Of Grace finished?

Axl: Yes, we have several mixes of that song we are happy with, but have not touched it in almost ten years. We need Slash to re-record Robin and Bucket's guitars, Duff the bass, and have Richard re-work his parts for that song before we can release it.

Me: I'm really excited to hear the rest of the Chinese Democracy era songs, they are my favorite.

Axl: We put a lot of work into that material. 

Me: Do Zodiac and Berlin have vocals?

Axl: Yes, Berlin became Ukraine. 

Me: Very cool! Does Frank play drums on Hard Skool?

Axl: Who is Frank?

Me: Thank you so much for your time, Axl!

Axl: Take care!

Who is frank? Hahaha

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Dummy said:

Who is frank? Hahaha

I can't take credit for that one! There was a YouTuber who made amazing GN'R related cartoons who had cartoon Axl say that. I think they are all gone now, but they had the 2006 era Axl reunite with the band, quite a funny and somewhat accurate portrayal of the band members. 

The Frank bit went something like this:

Axl's manager: Axl, Frank called and is wondering when he can hang out again.

Axl: Who's Frank?

Axl's manager: Uhhhh, your drummer?

I think Axl said he was busy or something in response. 

The cartoons made fun of Jarmo a lot, it was great.

There was a bit where Axl called Jarmo, who was just a fan at the time. Axl to Jarmo on the phone was like: "Try not to freak out...it's Axl!" Then Jarmo was like: "Oh my god oh my god oh my god!" lol

Axl asked him to support everything with new GN'R, only to later call him and have him support the old band after they reunited.

The Keith Richards scene at the R&RHOF was amazing too. He was barely intelligible.  I wish I saved those videos.

That YouTuber would have a ton more material now to use, especially with TB, the locker leaks, etc. 

4 hours ago, Sweersa said:

I can't take credit for that one! There was a YouTuber who made amazing GN'R related cartoons who had cartoon Axl say that. I think they are all gone now, but they had the 2006 era Axl reunite with the band, quite a funny and somewhat accurate portrayal of the band members. 

The Frank bit went something like this:

Axl's manager: Axl, Frank called and is wondering when he can hang out again.

Axl: Who's Frank?

Axl's manager: Uhhhh, your drummer?

I think Axl said he was busy or something in response. 

The cartoons made fun of Jarmo a lot, it was great.

There was a bit where Axl called Jarmo, who was just a fan at the time. Axl to Jarmo on the phone was like: "Try not to freak out...it's Axl!" Then Jarmo was like: "Oh my god oh my god oh my god!" lol

Axl asked him to support everything with new GN'R, only to later call him and have him support the old band after they reunited.

The Keith Richards scene at the R&RHOF was amazing too. He was barely intelligible.  I wish I saved those videos.

That YouTuber would have a ton more material now to use, especially with TB, the locker leaks, etc. 

I remember those. They were hilarious and gave us the RRHOF we had our fingers crossed for :awesomeface:

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Sweersa said:

If I was interviewing Axl, it would go like this:

Me: What brings you out here tonight?

Axl: The excitement of F1 racing. It should be a lot of fun.

Me: Was the Me & My Elvis instrumental ever finished, with vocals?

Axl:  (after a pause) That one was, yes.

Me: Was that song Soul Monster?

Axl: No, Soul Monster became Monsters.

Me: Will we hear any of Robin's or Buckethead's parts in future GN'R releases? 

Axl: You will hear them in bits, but Slash largely recorded over their parts. I hope to release the older mixes as alterative versions or as bonus material in the future.

Me: Was State Of Grace finished?

Axl: Yes, we have several mixes of that song we are happy with, but have not touched it in almost ten years. We need Slash to re-record Robin and Bucket's guitars, Duff the bass, and have Richard re-work his parts for that song before we can release it.

Me: I'm really excited to hear the rest of the Chinese Democracy era songs, they are my favorite.

Axl: We put a lot of work into that material. 

Me: Do Zodiac and Berlin have vocals?

Axl: Yes, Berlin became Ukraine. 

Me: Very cool! Does Frank play drums on Hard Skool?

Axl: Who is Frank?

Me: Thank you so much for your time, Axl!

Axl: Take care!

Before splitting, I'd throw some monkey wrench in there: "Before we go, how's Fernando and Kat doing? ... Ok, nevermind." 

Edited by jamillos
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

that was a quick marriage. 

hard to look into someone else's relationship, but it was odd she was never on tour with him from the start. 

It’s possible she didn’t approve of the tour life, but that’s just a wild guess.

Hopefully the split goes as smoothly as it can for both parties and that they can move on. 

14 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

It’s possible she didn’t approve of the tour life, but that’s just a wild guess.

Hopefully the split goes as smoothly as it can for both parties and that they can move on. 

Or now his actually finished touring shes sick of him lounging on the couch and watching reality television all day

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

that was a quick marriage. 

hard to look into someone else's relationship, but it was odd she was never on tour with him from the start. 

She was on tour with him. I met them both (plus the dog) at the hotel in Düsseldorf /Germany in July.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, alfierose said:

There's a Ginger Spice joke here somewhere. :lol:

Yea, Christian better watch the plonk intake after the clean sweep victory in Vegas....he may take home the wrong spice! 😝

1 hour ago, Voodoochild said:

Also, Pat Morita has been dead for quite a while now. 

Damn! That's right..

Legend, I thought he'd live forever....