NEW INTERVIEW: Axl and Duff Interviewed by Brazilian TV: "Where's Izzy" / "How did the reunion come about" / "New album" all discussed

Just sat down to watch this, what a cool interview I was expecting something light weight and fluffy this was unexpected.

I was really surprised that Coachella was the catalyst for the band to come together, why? I'm having a hard time with this one.

I get the impression that what we have seen unfold is almost as much as a surprise to them as it has been to us, meaning  they went into it with no clear idea what was going to happen. I get the impression Steven was more involved at the start but his back issues caused problems? it seems he was ment to appear at the troubadour. 

The Izzy issue, I genuinely feel they haven't got a clue what's going on with Izzy, it appears they have made offers and think it's sorted then Izzy moves the perimeters. I was intently watching Duffs face for clues at this bit to see if there was any awkwardness but no he looks just as baffled as Axl. So I can only assume Izzy's got an issue that's stopping him from joining or he will just roll up when he feels it's right. He definantly appears to march to the beat of his own drum!

loved how much pride Axl's taking with AC/DC and Duff seemed just as proud, totally excited that  Axls singing for them.

It was a shame the couple of attempts to talk about new music were washed over, but maybe it's just to soon. Good to know he has shown material to Duff and Slash, but this was mentioned before. 

All in all a good little interview that addressed some questions. I'm not surprised Slash was not there, I think we will see a couple of this kind of interview maybe next one Duff and Slash, easing them in slowly to a full on confrontation. 

8 minutes ago, melonhead87 said:

Yeah he doesnt seem to keep up with anything relevant in music. I was surprised at his live music comment or lack of ever watching concerts live in person. Whereas Duff is the opposite of that.

That answer surprised me too, because Axl wasn't like that in the past. He had been spotted at concerts even during the dark years between 1996-2000.

Edited by Blackstar

Just now, Blackstar said:

That answer surprised me too, because Axl wasn't like that in the past. He had been spotted in concerts even during the dark years between 1996-2000.

Not to mention zero idea of how people listen to music these days.  That struck me a bit

Axl is the boss and that is visible from this interview. However he had changed, lost the edge a bit, but that is not negative, he should just keep the edge on the stage, off the stage he should be a nice and mellow guy as everybody should be, but he has one reason more, he had proved him self and got nothing else to prove except that if they record album his songs are honest, energized, rebel and full of attitude toward certain subjects. What is important is that he mentioned this familly that surrounds him since 1991', well my opinion upon that can be different, in one way this whole familly lives out of him and his work, I can also bring my whole familly and we can be nicest friends and support especially if we live out of you. Best familly is your own familly, at least kids, that's what man should have (if phisically he is eliable ofcourse), but this is wrong direction I have gone into and who cares, he owns his life but if Guns record new album they should be honest to the bone. With such life style TV sports and concerte we wont have much of true situation songs or simillar but made up stories e.t.c.. He he can sing about money and lawyers, but not about real life of the mid class of lower classes that most of the audience relies with.

23 minutes ago, Archtop said:

Just sat down to watch this, what a cool interview I was expecting something light weight and fluffy this was unexpected.

I was really surprised that Coachella was the catalyst for the band to come together, why? I'm having a hard time with this one.

I get the impression that what we have seen unfold is almost as much as a surprise to them as it has been to us, meaning  they went into it with no clear idea what was going to happen. I get the impression Steven was more involved at the start but his back issues caused problems? it seems he was ment to appear at the troubadour. 

The Izzy issue, I genuinely feel they haven't got a clue what's going on with Izzy, it appears they have made offers and think it's sorted then Izzy moves the perimeters. I was intently watching Duffs face for clues at this bit to see if there was any awkwardness but no he looks just as baffled as Axl. So I can only assume Izzy's got an issue that's stopping him from joining or he will just roll up when he feels it's right. He definantly appears to march to the beat of his own drum!

loved how much pride Axl's taking with AC/DC and Duff seemed just as proud, totally excited that  Axls singing for them.

It was a shame the couple of attempts to talk about new music were washed over, but maybe it's just to soon. Good to know he has shown material to Duff and Slash, but this was mentioned before. 

All in all a good little interview that addressed some questions. I'm not surprised Slash was not there, I think we will see a couple of this kind of interview maybe next one Duff and Slash, easing them in slowly to a full on confrontation. 

I don't think that the occasion (Coachella) is important or that it was the catalyst. There were undoubtedly opportunities like that in the past with loads of money on the table (for sure in 2012 when they were inducted in the ROHF), but Axl had declined them. The important thing is that now they were ready to accept an offer.

I agree with everything else.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, sanity_lost said:

I didn't get he sense he was backtracking. I think he brought up them working on new music  to frame the question about how they felt about music being mostly digital these days. It was pretty much the State of the Music Industry question repeated in a different way (with the tid bit of implying they were working on new music for whoever was watching- the same as all fans have known since the China Exchange Q&A). 

Now I don't know why he felt the need to repeat the State of the Music Industry question. And speaking of the State if the Music Industry question: Did it seem to anyone else that Duff's reply to the first one got cut out? I wonder if it was cut because the interview ran long for the time slot.

Yeah i just got the feeling that the interviewer asked the new music questtion and then thought " hang on... i shouldnt have asked that.. so he then modified the question"... i could be completely wrong, thats just how it seemed to me.

There was some very obvious "cuts" in the interview... for what reason... well thats up for debate... :P

All in all... i think the answers Axl and Duff gave will put a few things to bed, for instance, steven clearly isnt physically up to a full tour but if he can get a few shows in.. then thats a big possibility. As for Izzy... well.. Axl all but confirmed that he doesnt even know what is going to happen with Izzy. I really hope the fans lay off the "where's Izzy" signs at future concerts, its getting a bit beyond it now.. if Izzy can come to an agreement with Axl about what he wants to do.. im sure Axl and the group will accomodate him, it sure sounds like Axl is open to all possibilities.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, nztop said:

Axl is the boss and that is visible from this interview. However he had changed, lost the edge a bit, but that is not negative, he should just keep the edge on the stage, off the stage he should be a nice and mellow guy as everybody should be, but he has one reason more, he had proved him self and got nothing else to prove except that if they record album his songs are honest, energized, rebel and full of attitude toward certain subjects. What is important is that he mentioned this familly that surrounds him since 1991', well my opinion upon that can be different, in one way this whole familly lives out of him and his work, I can also bring my whole familly and we can be nicest friends and support especially if we live out of you. Best familly is your own familly, at least kids, that's what man should have (if phisically he is eliable ofcourse), but this is wrong direction I have gone into and who cares, he owns his life but if Guns record new album they should be honest to the bone. With such life style TV sports and concerte we wont have much of true situation songs or simillar but made up stories e.t.c.. He he can sing about money and lawyers, but not about real life of the mid class of lower classes that most of the audience relies with.

Just one bone to pick on you with on this. It seems like Axl never found the right woman for himself to have a family with. I can tell you that at age 40, I haven't found the right woman to have a family with.  That's probably what happened with Axl and why he relies on TB as his family. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Tadsy said:

Yeah i just got the feeling that the interviewer asked the new music questtion and then thought " hang on... i shouldnt have asked that.. so he then modified the question"... i could be completely wrong, thats just how it seemed to me.

There was some very obvious "cuts" in the interview... for what reason... well thats up for debate... :P

All in all... i think the answers Axl and Duff gave will put a few things to bed, for instance, steven clearly isnt physically up to a full tour but if he can get a few shows in.. then thats a big possibility. As for Izzy... well.. Axl all but confirmed that he doesnt even know what is going to happen with Izzy. I really hope the fans lay off the "where's Izzy" signs at future concerts, its getting a bit beyond it now.. if Izzy can come to an agreement with Axl about what he wants to do.. im sure Axl and the group will accomodate him, it sure sounds like Axl is open to all possibilities.

I'm not as surprised by Izzy as most seem to be. From various interviews and books over the years I got the impression Izzy's kind of flaky, doesn't want to commit to anything for the long-term and likes to be out of the public eye. A year or two of touring the world in stadiums just doesn't seem like his thing. It's pretty much the opposite of what he seems to enjoy doing and the amount of money he would be willing to do it for might not work for the rest of the band. 

Edited by Modano09
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Modano09 said:

I'm not as surprised by Izzy as most seem to be. From various interviews and books over the years I got the impression Izzy's kind of flaky, doesn't want to commit to anything for the long-term and likes to be out of the public eye. A year or two of touring the world in stadiums just doesn't seem like his thing. It's pretty much the opposite of what he seems to enjoy doing. 

100% agree mate.

I personally dont see Izzy back full time.. even though it sounds like Axl would be open to it.. I'm ok with it though... personally fortus has been excellent, and i have changed my tune on him massively. At first when all this started i was Izzy this and that and only Izzy. But honestly, im at ease with it. Fortus has earned his striped and been excellent. And without being tarty about it all... seeing Steven back up there and what that meant to all the boys was my personal highlight so far. Id much rather see Steven back up there given how badly he wants it, rather than Izzy who doesnt seem all that interested at the moment unless the $$$ meets his expectations.

Thats just my take on it..rightly or wrongly.

7 hours ago, Apollo said:

I thought it was fascinating. Axl is a very unique guy. 

Jokes about TB controlling him, getting emotional when talking about them, and giving some pretty honest and open answers. 

But then also showing he reads the forums and reviews and that he cares about what people think....and maybe tries to manipulate things a bit. Casually throwing out that the band purposely played around with tempo, and throwing out that the band - not him - chose to play CD songs. 

I thought it was very interesting that he was very casual and almost robotic when talking about GnR and the reunion. And the two times he got really excited and showed and showed emotion were when talking about TB and playing with Angus and ACDC. 

Im amazed people are praising the host. He messed up saying that Izzy had been touring, not Adler. And he never just asked a simple question and led Axl or Duff answer. He would ask a question and then throw out 15 seconds of possible answers. Like Axl and Duff couldn't comprehend or figure out his question without him giving them three possible answers. 

Loved hearing how Axl reached out to Slash. Hated not hearing the answer to the new music question. 

All in all, great interview IMO. Wish Axl and the band would do an hour with a better host. Axl almost always comes off looking pretty good in his interviews. 

My thoughts as well man, there's actually no answer from Axl at all on how it was for him to meet slash for the first time again he quickly goes about how it went down and the mentions the work ethics nothing personal about it at all i think.. And also i think the interviewer should have asked Duff more about his personal experience in all this tho i liked what he said about learning chinese his honest take on it and how he approached it.

• Like 1

My Michelle & Mr Brownstone were Izzy's songs so if we get two on a new GNR album, that's sufficient. He's to GNR what Bernie Taupin is to Elton John and Robert Hunter was to the Grateful Dead. If he shows up, great. 

Edited by dalsh327

2 minutes ago, dalsh327 said:

My Michelle & Mr Brownstone were Izzy's songs so if we get two on a new GNR album, that's sufficient. He's to GNR what Bernie Taupin is to Elton John and Robert Hunter was to the Grateful Dead. If he shows up, great. 

No they weren't.  They were both co-written with other band members.

14 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

People.

We are yet to here Izzy's side!

Axl is well known to speak a complete load of cobblers.

Mr. 'Slash is a cancer','Not in this life time', 'Soon' says always the truth.

What we've got here was failure to communicate.

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

That answer surprised me too, because Axl wasn't like that in the past. He had been spotted at concerts even during the dark years between 1996-2000.

Nah, that wasn't surprising. He's mentioned not really being into that before.

Edited by Frey

6 minutes ago, maxpax said:

Mr. 'Slash is a cancer','Not in this life time', 'Soon' says always the truth.

What we've got here was failure to communicate.

We are still waiting on his 'trilogy' or 'double album' (as it was reduced to). ''Chinese Democracy Starts Now'' (2001).

25 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

We are still waiting on his 'trilogy' or 'double album' (as it was reduced to). ''Chinese Democracy Starts Now'' (2001).

Oh. I forgot Mr. 'Round 1' of course. 

But when I read correctly between the lines, Axl showed Slash and Duff CD 2 + 3. And this is considered as the new record...

And if this is really considered...than its like a deja vu...when nugnr rerecorded afd...

Round 2 is coming.

Edited by maxpax

I have the impression that Duff's main role in this interview was to support Axl and at the same tine protect/prevent him from saying the wrong thing or from getting into details about things he shouldn't. He intervened when the interviewer asked them if there was a change inside them that made the reunion possible and started talking about playing CD songs. And while Axl was talking about Izzy, Duff was looking at him in the eyes and he seemed cool about what Axl was saying.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, maxpax said:

So, what made Paul Toilet better than Merck, Assoff, Beta and Fernando? 

Coachella is the weirdest Festival GnR were ever rumored to...

How about this one? :D Or do you just mean rumors about GnR reunion?

Резултат слика за exit 2012

Edited by Nicklord