NEW INTERVIEW: Axl and Duff Interviewed by Brazilian TV: "Where's Izzy" / "How did the reunion come about" / "New album" all discussed

10 hours ago, Apollo said:

But didn't he drop out of high school, and never attended college. How come you consider him to be brilliant?

What does dropping out of high school and never attending college have to do with whether or not someone is brilliant?

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Apollo said:

But didn't he drop out of high school, and never attended college. How come you consider him to be brilliant?

18 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

I never went to college and I'm fucking brilliant!!:P

Well, I actually went to college and I'm dumber everyday. :shrugs:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, EvanG said:

I agree with pretty much everything you said, but if you're right about the above... that's already kinda fucked up in itself, don't you think? He's not a president, he's a fucking musician.

Yeh, it's a bit lame but I guess if that's how he wants to operate, who cares. If you look at Howard Stern interviews regularly enough, you will hear them talking about it from time to time.... this person and their "crew". Kinda similar to the idea of a runner. The assistant goes ahead to whatever the destination is, looks around, makes sure the artist or whoever is going to be comfortable and then makes whatever adjustments necessary. Also in 2006, Axl might have been a bit nervous talking in public considering everything that had been said and the length of time since he last spoke at length.

Again, a rockstar / popstar shouldn't need this kind of treatment but it's a real thing that most of them do.