07/07/17 - Paris, FR - Stade de France

alfierose

1 hour ago, GNR 1991 said:

Not gonna derail this thread but he's fully on 2002 Mickey on this one. Good to see he's shed some pounds tho. Also, a pretty good sized set again -- just wish all those covers would disappear.

That's just fucking awful....not just Axl, but the whole tone of the song, the misplaced and poor sounding bends by Slash and yah Axl...Jesus Christ.  That's like a bad cover band version.

I like the guy in the red hat who starts jumping during the intro only to stop and do a little self-conscious look around the other crowd members, quickly confirming that he is the only one infact jumping.

Edited by DieselDaisy
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

I liked the contrast with how Axl handles the crowd and how he handles security. He told the crowd calmly to take a step back because people were getting crushed and then on the next song he calls the security guy a fuckhead :lol:

Edited by Gibson_Guy87

7 hours ago, xBrownstonex said:

Wow. I dont know even where to fucking begin. So many things that happened and that made it to the best fucking concert I've ever witnessed. And I've seen this band quite often.  But tonight...that was something else.

i met @Nalbi and his friends in the queue, which was like endless long. They were a cool bunch and made this night even more special. We had good spots on slashs side. French are fortunately not the tallest people so i had a good view. After the opening bands finished (tyler bryant was pretty cool, biffy was ok. The singer recited get in the ring at some point, which was funny, some idiot in the crowd kept insulting them after every song. I think he was an englishman). Anyway. The wait began but guns came on pretty early. I've experienced quite a few nitl shows and know what crowds are like nowadays. I know south americans and south europeans are wild and expected the french to be more calm, like the rest of europe. Boy, was i wrong. After mcbob finished his intro and duffs bassline kicked in, all hell broke fucking loose. People from the back back at the golden circle started rushing to the front and taking everyone with them, it was insane, it was pure survival. People were jumping like crazy, singing, moshing, you name it. I've never seen such a wild crowd, it was just absolutely insane and never in my wildest dreams would i have imagined this for that concert. It didnt stop for mr brownstone, crowd was still wild and it was still a survival game, which made it even more fun than it usually is. I thought that i could rest for a couple mins when chinese gets played. I was wrong again. That was the first time I've seen an entire crowd go Fucking nuts on chinese. I couldn't believe it. I lost nalbi just after a few seconds, people were all over the place. But we found each oher again at the end of the concert.

i knew jungle would be fucking hell and i wanted to capture that, so i recorded it, with the risk of me losing my phone in this crowd and having to spend the rest of the weekend without my phone. So i made sure i held it really tight. I know how awesome it is for every single person in the crowd to be among all others, when its going as crazy like this, i cant even imagine what it must feel like for the band. jungle was really a fucking jungle in paris. It felt like i was being transformed back into the 90s. A wild and rough crowd, moshing, jumping, people stage diving all the time. After jungle axl stopped double talking to tell the crowd to calm a bit down and to take a step back because people were getting crushed in the front (hello donington flashback). During better he yelled at a security guy with a kind of rage that i havent seen on him in a long long time. "HEY, HEY, FUCKHEAD SECURITY" he was yelling. That was fucking cool. You could tell axl and the whole band were feeding off of that insane energy from the crowd. Axl was very very happy that night, but especially in the first songs had a lot of agression which i just fucking love on him.

after better he mentioned the incident again, saying he understood that everything had to be under control, but security had to put things in perspective, especially when its like a 15 year old girl. Very cool of him to look out for his crowd.

After one song, he asked if the crowd was having a good time. And pointed to one guy who was stage diving and said. "That guy is. Oh,  not anymore, he just fell on his head" and made some funny face after that.

What really impressed me was that the crowd was not just going fucking nuts on the usual songs, but even on coma. People were singing, dancing and moshing. And not only in the pit. But even on the upper decks. I couldnt believe my eyes. 

There were lots of special moments. The melancholy that surrounded november rain. People holding each other, looking happy and grown men with tears in their eyes. In moments like these you realize that you are part of something special. Also it was that song when i started to realize that his tour is coming to an end soon, also for me, and that made me kind of sad. The last few weeks have been absolutely amazing.

Another  emotional part was before the last singalong on kohd when axl dedicated the song to the victims and their families of the attacks in the recent years. That almost brought a tear to my eye. After the song axl thanked the crowd for making this moment very special. 

the encore was fucking awesome. 6 songs is just insane. I knew they were gonna take the setlist to the top today. what these guys are bringin on stage every third night - Playing for three hours, giving their hearts, runnin around, axl sining for three hours. You cant thank them enough and bow down in respect for that. I lost my voice just by singing along, how axl manages to sing like a fucking maniac every other night is just insane.

that was a truly perfect night. Thank you paris, youve blown my Fucking mind. 

Videos of the fucking jungle will follow

What an awesome review, really detailed, thanks so much.  Looking forward to your video of Jungle.  I also lost my voice singing along at the London show and that really highlighted for me just what a strain this tour must be on Axl's vocals.  He gets a bad rap for his Mickey moments (and yeah, those are pretty awful) but he's doing his best with what he's got.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, alxgodfather said:

18 seg.:lol:

Yeah security you're a fuckhead. You suck! You're an asshole. Leave people alone!!!

...Of course you're more than welcome to be a fuckhead if fans are holding a "WHERE'S IZZY" banner :smiley-confused2:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Padme said:

Yeah security you're a fuckhead. You suck! You're an asshole. Leave people alone!!!

...Of course you're more than welcome to be a fuckhead if fans are holding a "WHERE'S IZZY" banner :smiley-confused2:

To be honest, I don't believe that Axl himself has a big problem with Where's Izzy- banners. I believe that TB was behind that overreaction last year. (if  it really happened - some say that it's BS - who knows?)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Padme said:

How does his voice go from that dying Mickey Mouse sound to hitting the best vocals of the show with "HEY HEY SECURITY!" The voice we all hate (falsetto Mickey garbage) whatever you want to call it is completely unnatural to Axl real voice that it's shocking he uses it to sing with. 

Edited by IncitingChaos

1 hour ago, Nikki_Sixx said:

negative : 

- Slash's playing and tone leaves a lot to be desired.  He was actually on top of his game again during his solo years, I saw him several times, best tone since the UYI tour and amazing guitar work, better than the Snakepit and VR years.  But now, his tone has degraded, seems like it has less distortion and less bite, it's not massive anymore like on the UYI tour.  He also misses a lot of notes, plays sloppy here and there, gets stuck in certain solos, improvises too much on established solos like 'Yesterdays' for example ... A shame.  (Oh well, as long as he doesn't drop to Finck-like sloppiness !)

Basically what happened at the italian gig.

5 hours ago, Fourteenbeers said:

To be honest, I don't believe that Axl himself has a big problem with Where's Izzy- banners. I believe that TB was behind that overreaction last year. (if  it really happened - some say that it's BS - who knows?)

It did really happen, however, there have been other "Where's Izzy"signs and banners NOT taken down.  The difference, the one that was confiscated was being held up over the person's head blocking the view of those behind them.  There was a banner at Vegas off the right side of the stage as you look at it that stayed up the entire show b/c it never blocked anyone's view.  

Edited by tsinindy
  • Like 2