07/07/17 - Paris, FR - Stade de France

alfierose

5 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Good god....KOHD is just soooooooooooo long and drawn out. I loves me some 4tus but there's just no reason for him to drag this out like he does.

Agreed man.... I am or was a big fan of Guns N Roses version of this song in the past but this version is awful.. It drags and is boring.. They did some long versions during the UYI's tours and they still fucking rocked.. This is just weak..  Stripping those Fortus solos out would be the first step to recovery..

4 minutes ago, Archtop said:

Axl Dedicating KKHD to friends and families of the attacks over the past few years ❤️

Highlight of the song

• Like 1

Just now, Oldest Goat said:

I had only just been born late '91 otherwise I'm sure I would have! lol

I've been a tween then myself (and the media was very different at the time), but we have Youtube for those treasured moments, so that younger generations can enjoy the wonder that is Axl Rose. 

Kuvahaun tulos haulle axl rose jumping into crowd gif

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Oldest Goat said:

100% agreed. Rocket Queen is probably my favourite AFD song but this version sucks.

Same here.. Might even be my favorite.. This version just blows... They just don't capture the vibe of the song.. Fortus and Frank just don't get it.. It is fun being at the shows and even watching these periscopes with a couple beers.. But listening while sober at work is kind of depressing.. They are like NuGuns slightly improved by Slash...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Good god....KOHD is just soooooooooooo long and drawn out. I loves me some 4tus but there's just no reason for him to drag this out like he does.

5 minutes ago, NicDwolfwood said:

True. That and Rocket Queen are painfully boring to listen to as currently played. 

I agree 100% They should play The Ritz version of KOHD. It is their best. And RQ is unnecesary long. In the past made more sense because Axl would added It Tates Good, Don't it? And back in the 80 Adler played a drum solo, at least in some shows. But now both songs get really boring being so long for no real reason

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Same here.. Might even be my favorite.. This version just blows... They just don't capture the vibe of the song.. Fortus and Frank just don't get it.. It is fun being at the shows and even watching these periscopes with a couple beers.. But listening while sober at work is kind of depressing.. They are like NuGuns slightly improved by Slash...

Agreed Fortus is a talented guitarist but it's a solo too many on Rocket Queen I wish he would  just stick to playing Izzy's parts 

Edited by Gold top 78
  • Like 2

Just now, Blake Sabbath said:

Not a sold out show right, but from the IG stories I've watched that GC is nice and lively at least ;-D

Seriously.. What a piece of shit song.. Especially to start an encore lol. Snooze fest... Let it go Axl...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Agreed man.... I am or was a big fan of Guns N Roses version of this song in the past but this version is awful.. It drags and is boring.. They did some long versions during the UYI's tours and they still fucking rocked.. This is just weak..  Stripping those Fortus solos out would be the first step to recovery..

Highlight of the song

this version was really REALLY cool, this performance specifically is one of the great, if not the greatest NuGNR moment IMO.

BUT, the current version is like the old & nugnr combined and yes, it's just weak.

• Like 1

Won't get any arguments from me that Rocket Queen and KOHD are too long, I don't think they were as long as this at the Vegas weekend. People at the shows aren't highbrow music aficionados who appreciate a ten minute band jam, they (we) just want to hear songs. Well I suppose they have always done it, and I can sort of live with KOHD but don't do it during Rocket Queen, which might be one of my favourite songs.

8 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

I am all for a good long jam if the performance is good.. Guns did some pretty long versions during the UYI's tour that were awesome.. Chicago comes to mind.. And Slash's solo band was doing versions of Rocket Queen that were 15 minutes on average and they were the highlight of the shows for me.. This lineup just can't pull it off.... I am a Slash fanatic and even his solos don't sound great in front of this band... Sad

Yeah some of the old stuff was cool, something was different about it then, you were watching greatness and you'd sort of let them do anything and feel not worthy, there was also an element of spontaneity about those shows which gave the band more leaway in that regard, people just want to be entertained now though. I get it's slightly different being a one time show attender so I (we) are probably nit picking. Still would prefer a classic version shorter Rocket Queen.

Edited by Carburetta
  • Like 1

Well my periscope has just packed up right at the end, I managed to watch along with most of the show something I haven't done for a couple of weeks. I thought Axl sounded greatly improved to when I last listened along, some controlled voice moments but mostly on the mark, Slash was as amazing as ever, so I really enjoyed it.  Hope all those attending had a brilliant night, looking forward to hearing some reviews. 

Edited by Archtop
  • Like 3