07/27/17 - St Louis, MO - The Dome

1 hour ago, PatrickS77 said:

To squeeze more $ out of the people. And for security reasons. Americans are fat. They can't stand that long. ;-) And they are sue happy. So unless a band doesn't insist on it being general amission and leaves it up to the promoter it usually is seated.

I think your right. I read that's Bono had to fight to get GA in the states. And that was in 2001.

Just now, Yibrano Hudson said:

People are expecting something special for this show, just like many of us expected a lot of things for Apollo's show. It will be a regular show...probably with a small joke from Axl, that's it.

Will he smash his mic again? 

2 hours ago, StLThrash said:

They were...  but the irony of the whole thing is that the guy who moved them (Owner Stan Kroenke), was instrumental in bringing them from LA in the first place.  He was a 40% owner, and when Georgia Frontiere died (majority owner), he bought the rest of the team (I believe in 2010), and promised to keep them in St. Louis, because he's a Missouri guy.  They misled fans (and season ticket holders like myself) into saying they were staying, but had plans in the works as early as 2012/2013 to move them.  So he's kind of a dick. :)

Totally get that but as a kid who had a passing interest in American Football (handball, eggball, rugby with armour) as a kid I always knew them as the LA Rams cos I used to wear Raiders gear. Interest dwindled and had no idea they were in St Louis 20  years tbh. 

Edit: which I know is daft, just havent kept it up. Can understand the anger, sports here in the UK and Ireland are def local things based on the religion of communities. Cant imagine our football teams moving cities. Just crazy to us. 

Edited by Izzymacbeth

5 minutes ago, Izzymacbeth said:

Totally get that but as a kid who had a passing interest in American Football (handball, eggball, rugby with armour) as a kid I always knew them as the LA Rams cos I used to wear Raiders gear. Interest dwindled and had no idea they were in St Louis 20  years tbh. 

Edit: which I know is daft, just havent kept it up. Can understand the anger, sports here in the UK and Ireland are def local things based on the religion of communities. Cant imagine our football teams moving cities. Just crazy to us. 

Stan Kroenke is the owner of the Arsenal football club...  and apparently he is not very liked there either.

3 minutes ago, StLThrash said:

Stan Kroenke is the owner of the Arsenal football club...  and apparently he is not very liked there either.

Well I fucking detest Arsenal and glad you updated me cos I thought either Adolf Hitler or Jon Bon Jovi owned them. 

• Like 1