The MyGnR 80-Song Marathon

Blackstar

Day 31

Well, I cannot understand myself either, but when I heard Lenny Kravitz for the first time in about 90/91 (?) I didn't like his music. 

When I listened again a couple of month later I loved it of course. Until today. 

• Like 2

Day 31
Gotta go with AC/DC as well. I was really NOT a fan. The few songs I have heard sounded the same to me and I never really got into Brians voice. It is Axls fault of course that I like some of the songs quite a bit nowadays :lol:

And Big Shot!:rofl-lol: I cannot get it out of my head for the past 2 days either!

• Like 1

Day 31 turned out to be a lot GnR/Axl related... and I won't be an exception, as I couldn't think of anything else.

This one wasn't among my favourites from the Illusions. Last year I kinda rediscovered it when I listened to the albums after a long time, and now it's in the UYI top 5 for me.

------------

And what's with Big Shot? I'm not an exception here either. It's stuck in my head too :lol: Really catchy tune, and Axl helped of course :)

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 4

13 hours ago, Tori72 said:

Day 31

Well, I cannot understand myself either, but when I heard Lenny Kravitz for the first time in about 90/91 (?) I didn't like his music. 

When I listened again a couple of month later I loved it of course. Until today. 

This song in particular is one of my faves. I love how he mentions his mother (Roxie Roker aka...Helen Willis) and all the good advice she gave. Come to think of it, Slash's mother probably give him the same advice as he and Lenny have one specific thing in common.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lio said:

Same here. Everything Axl sings, turns to gold for me :lol: It was funny, because earlier I was thinking: what is this song stuck in my head. It took me a while to realise it was Big Shot.

I have been driving my family crazy humming it constantly for the past couple of days...my nieces are all like "Really Auntie....is that one of those old people songs?" I promptly grounded them both for a month lol