British Politics

Gracii Guns

14 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Well Keir Starmer is as useless as a chocolate teapot! We have effectively no opposition to the Tories' Orwellian insanity. 

Oh my goodness! You can't go to the pubs that you don't want to go to anyway and you can't go to the workplace that you don't have because you already work from home or get on a plane that you were moaning about hating months ago because of customs checks. :lol: Pray, what else that you didn't want to do anyway has Boris stopped you from doing? :lol: 

Edited by Dazey

2 minutes ago, Dazey said:

Oh my goodness! You can't go to the pubs that you don't want to go to anyway and you can't go to the workplace that you don't have because you already work from home or get on a plane that you were moaning about hating months ago because of customs checks. :lol: Pray, what else that you didn't want to do anyway has Boris stopped you from doing? :lol: 

Well I never made it about me haha.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dazey said:

You do realise that under Starmer's ''circuit breaker'' plans, you wouldn't be able to gormandise out-of-doors, and wouldn't be able to have your Wetherspoons pint? 

Speaking of gormandising,

zaf503S3?format=png&name=small

Edited by DieselDaisy

On 10/19/2020 at 11:31 PM, DieselDaisy said:

I knew she was a luck warm Brexiteer, but Theresa was an outright remainiac all along - no wonder her negotiations were so limp!

tenor.gif

Like going in against Mike Tyson, blindfolded with one arm tied behind your back, having that useless plank in charge of negotiations.

Absolutely fucking pathetic.

1 hour ago, AtariLegend said:

What is worrying about this is what implications this will have  -- if any -- on how long vaccines will work. As you know, vaccines work by forcing our bodies to produce antibodies (ABs) against the virus particles, the same thing that happens when we are exposed to the virus particle itself. So if ABs after being infected disappear quickly, then it is plausible that ABs from vaccination will do so, too. I say it is plausible, because the ABs produced from being infected are likely to be somewhat different to those produced when vaccinated, and hopefully those from vaccination will last longer. But they might not. If so we are looking at a disease that won't go away and where we will need to vaccinate the vulnerable, or everybody, frequently. It is going to be a goldmine to the pharma companies selling the vaccines. But hopefully vaccination will last longer and all is good. I am crossing my fingers here.

8 minutes ago, Padme said:

Wait! No alcohol? Is that true? That's depressing. 

Pubs are shut but you can still buy it in shops.

PS

You are allowed to leave the house, ''to escape injury or harm''. Well that is good to know!

Edited by DieselDaisy