What does the future hold?

12 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

@Blackstar Agree with what you posted. His adoration turned to hatred.A lot of anger.I think he's possibly from another forum and just here to troll 

Me too,agree with racism ,he said  who just Americans  have like  Guns,as if  classic music Mozart,Beethoven just  have liked for Europeans is ridicoulous music is language universal

17 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Alan Niven :lol:

I laughed for real :lol:

And it's not a bad guess actually, the over-the-top hatred and dehumanizing attitude towards Axl certainly seems familiar.

But this guy's babbling is more of the pseudo-intellectual fedora-wearing keyboard warrior variant, while Niven's is more that of a religious nutjob with resentment issues.

On 26.6.2017 at 6:18 PM, GnrJasmin92 said:

Anyways, judging by what I saw, I believe Axl doesn't like Slash & is only willing to tour with him to collect his (last?) paycheck. There was no connection between them whatsoever, I don't believe Axl will record for GnR while Slash is there.

Right. There've only been a million pictures and videos from this tour alone where they're goofing around and smiling and laughing at each other. :rolleyes::facepalm:

They're not going to start making out on stage, but they're getting along better than anyone could have ever hoped for only a couple of years ago and that's all that matters.

12 hours ago, AlexC said:

Then we get to your description of Slash and all becomes clear. It's pretty obvious that you're just a MASSIVE Slash fan-boy and are attempting to disguise your bias with faux legal jargon. And you almost succeed.

Unfortunately your weird, homo-erotic hatred of Axl gives you away repeatedly through that whacky 'all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy' style essay.

You scare me.

I agree. It's all rather scary if you read closely, but that one post (it seems to be gone now?) directed at @Oldest Goat was seriously creepy.

12 hours ago, Blackstar said:

I don't think so. Most of the information/legal stuff JustanUrchin (from now on: "the fellow poster") provides  or references (which is much less than the impression made by the amount of legal jargon used) is on public domain and available online for everyone who's interested (e.g. the 1992 MoU or "partnership agreement" as well as legal documents regarding the managing of assets, licensing, merch etc - someone here had posted links to these documents a while ago) and the rest is, I believe, easily accessible to someone working in or having some association to the law field in the US.

As for the beef with Axl etc... It's this type of fan that thrives in the GnR fandom more, I think, than in any other, mainly because of Axl, whose persona has had such powerful effect (to the extent that, sometimes, the fans can be a reversed reflection of him subconsciously adopting some of his ways and traits) and aroused strong love/hate emotions. So there's this group of  fans that "hate" "the singer" wholeheartedly, mostly not because of what he has really done and his past sins (this doesn't justify the amount of "hatred"), but because he didn't live up to the ideal image they made of him and to what they fantasized him to be (the rock 'n' roll incarnation of the American dream or whatever it was in this fellow poster's case); and then, the idolization was replaced by devaluation and throwing stones at the idol. Yet, they bought tickets to see "the singer's" new band... :wacko: In a way, these fans remind of that biker guy from the St. Louis riot, who, after the trial and all that had happened asked Axl for an autograph.

----------

People in this forum have come up with narratives (many times based less on solid facts/information and more on fantasy depending on how each one feels about the band members - Axl mostly) about the current status and future of the band as well as about the reasons why there's no full reunion. So has this fellow poster. His narrative, the core of it, contradicts what seems to be the prevalent perception here (i.e. that Slash and Duff merely joined Axl's band and they're more or less his employees). According to the facts-based part of it, the partnership that never ceased to exist legally has been reformed as a touring band/entity. So far so good, as all things (e.g. the separate management) point to that there is an arrangement/mutual agreement, a form of partnership, with Slash/Duff having a say on the whole business. This is not enough, however, for the fellow poster; there has to be a winning and a defeated party in this story, and the latter has (of course) to be "the singer", so that the fellow poster's fantasy is satisfied: "the singer" must pay for the "piano hybris" that destroyed the macho American band of the fellow poster's dreams.  Thus, he expands the narrative with a story line (enhanced with poor -and at times distasteful- tropes, metaphors and imagery) in which "the singer" crawled and begged Slash and Duff, and now he's powerless, a pathetic shadow of his former self. Justice has triumphed.

Not quite, though. There are little problems in the story line that the fellow poster has to deal with without being inconsistent. First of all, the absence of Izzy and Steven: the fellow poster can't blame it solely on "the singer" without contradicting himself. This is an easy one; it seems that Slash, and especially Duff, have fallen off the hero status (although not as much as "the singer") as their current political preferences are unpleasant to the fellow poster. So, in the case of Izzy, it can all be attributed to the joint greed of the three.

But what about Steven? Money is not the issue with him. The possibility that all three partners may question his reliability is ruled out , as Izzy and Steven are the only members the fellow poster still holds in high regards. And what about the fact that the rest of the touring band consists of members of "the singer's" band? How does the fellow poster cover this plot hole in his story? It being a result of compromise between the three partners doesn't fit with the narrative that wants "the singer" crawling and defeated. The fellow poster had to come up with another explanation. And what the explanation was? That the reason Frank was preferred over Steven is the color of his skin, because the band wants to appeal to non American audiences; and Melissa is there for similar reasons, because she is female. In other words, according to the fellow poster, the reason Steven isn't there is because he's white blond and male. The ridiculousness of this argument overshadows even the "subtle" racism behind it, also present in some of the fellow poster's other posts.

I wish I could give you a million likes for this post :wub::wub::wub:

crwdc.gif

This is what true intelligence looks like, ladies and gentlemen.

The ability to see through thinly-veiled personal and political bias and point out the plot holes and underlying issues beneath the pretty packaging.

I more or less agree with everything you wrote, but especially the bolded. There's nothing new or insightful in these posts that any other GNR fan with enough time on his hands and enough dedication to study the legal documents available (and then write lengthy posts about it) couldn't have come up with. At the end of the day, it's still just personal bias, only wrapped in legal lingo. (And that's not even touching on the problem of using contracts and other legalities to draw conclusions and make definitive statements about the band and its members, since you know... they're human beings and not machines, they have feelings and don't always act in perfectly rational ways, and they can change their minds about any issue at any time.)

And thanks for mentioning how distasteful some of the presented tropes and imagery are (both in the GNR-related posts, and even more so in the post(s) following afterwards). I felt exactly the same way while reading. Implying Melissa and Frank are simply there because they're Asian/female/black/whatever was the cherry on top after all the Axl-related nonsense (and Duff and Slash-related nonsense, to a lesser extent). I also felt like my eyes were going to get stuck in my head from rolling them too much if I had to read "The singer... the singer... the singer... the singer..."  one more time. Jesus Christ :facepalm:

Edited by Lumikki
  • Like 3

54 minutes ago, Lumikki said:

I laughed for real :lol:

And it's not a bad guess actually, the over-the-top hatred and dehumanizing attitude towards Axl certainly seems familiar.

But this guy's babbling is more of the pseudo-intellectual fedora-wearing keyboard warrior variant, while Niven's is more that of a religious nutjob with resentment issues.

Right. There've only been a million pictures and videos from this tour alone where they're goofing around and smiling and laughing at each other. :rolleyes::facepalm:

They're not going to start making out on stage, but they're getting along better than anyone could have ever hoped for only a couple of years ago and that's all that matters.

I agree. It's all rather scary if you read closely, but that one post (it seems to be gone now?) directed at @Oldest Goat was seriously creepy.

I wish I could give you a million likes for this post :wub::wub::wub:

crwdc.gif

This is what true intelligence looks like, ladies and gentlemen.

The ability to see through thinly-veiled personal and political bias and point out the plot holes and underlying issues beneath the pretty packaging.

I more or less agree with everything you wrote, but especially the bolded. There's nothing new or insightful in these posts that any other GNR fan with enough time on his hands and enough dedication to study the legal documents available (and then write lengthy posts about it) couldn't have come up with. At the end of the day, it's still just personal bias, only wrapped in legal lingo. (And that's not even touching on the problem of using contracts and other legalities to draw conclusions and make definitive statements about the band and its members, since you know... they're human beings and not machines, they have feelings and don't always act in perfectly rational ways, and they can change their minds about any issue at any time.)

And thanks for mentioning how distasteful some of the presented tropes and imagery are (both in the GNR-related posts, and even more so in the post(s) following afterwards). I felt exactly the same way while reading. Implying Melissa and Frank are simply there because they're Asian/female/black/whatever was the cherry on top after all the Axl-related nonsense (and Duff and Slash-related nonsense, to a lesser extent). I also felt like my eyes were going to get stuck in my head from rolling them too much if I had to read "The singer... the singer... the singer... the singer..."  one more time. Jesus Christ :facepalm:

This poster forget what  SLASH is half black,nosense,great you post

There's a line used by @JustanUrchin that I've heard before from insider and it kind of shocked me, lol. This tells me he's been around, despite his clear bias against Axl, most of his writing style sounds funny to me.

Axl's nutsswingers are obviously offended and running around in circles now. Over sensitive people who cannot read something with a broader perspective.

Calling him pseudo-intellectual is also lame. People who use these words are oftenly readers of Buzzfeed only. He didn't come off to me as a wannabe intellectual. Just someone with a gift for writing well, unlike the 99% of the people who post in forums and social media in general.

Opinions like his are daily thrown around here but I don't see so many attacking back like rabid dogs. It must be the hate of the perceived threat. Anyone who rises their head above the mass must be put down. Don't try to escape mediocre. It's a sin.

13 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Axl's nutsswingers are obviously offended and running around in circles now. Over sensitive people who cannot read something with a broader perspective.

Calling him pseudo-intellectual is also lame. People who use these words are oftenly readers of Buzzfeed only. He didn't come off to me as a wannabe intellectual. Just someone with a gift for writing well, unlike the 99% of the people who post in forums and social media in general.

Opinions like his are daily thrown around here but I don't see so many attacking back like rabid dogs. It must be the hate of the perceived threat. Anyone who rises their head above the mass must be put down. Don't try to escape mediocre. It's a sin.

Oh please. It's got nothing to do with swinging from Axl's nuts or hammering down the nail that sticks out. Maybe it's the language barrier for you, but the guy comes across as many things, but not funny (and gift for writing? Not seeing that either). Did you even read "the fellow poster"'s response to @Oldest Goat for example? That should tell you all you need to know already. 

@Blackstar (and other people) were spot on about all the plot holes and inconsistencies in his claims, as well as how ugly and distasteful the views hidden underneath the fancy essays are. And yes, other posters are equally annoying, but at least they don't pretend their biased opinions are anything other than just that: biased opinions.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

This. Even if you're covertly saying I'm annoying :lol:

Anyway, brb. Gonna go check buzzfeed and dig these knives outta my back! lololol

What? I wasn't even thinking about you when I wrote that :lol: It was more along the lines of Tommy Wiseau and Stodgy Old English guy lol.

1 hour ago, Frey said:

Oh please. It's got nothing to do with swinging from Axl's nuts or hammering down the nail that sticks out. Maybe it's the language barrier for you, but the guy comes across as many things, but not funny (and gift for writing? Not seeing that either). Did you even read "the fellow poster"'s response to @Oldest Goat for example? That should tell you all you need to know already. 

@Blackstar (and other people) were spot on about all the plot holes and inconsistencies in his claims, as well as how ugly and distasteful the views hidden underneath the fancy essays are. And yes, other posters are equally annoying, but at least they don't pretend their biased opinions are anything other than just that: biased opinions.

I don't have any language barrier that prevents me from reading what I read from the "fellow poster", the dark spots in his posts are clear to me as well, but I ain't bothered because I am more interested in the core of his post, rather than tangling up on his racism. I'm not saying those things should be overlooked and I'm glad someone else has highlighted the flaws of his argument, but this time I wanted to focus on what he says about the band, rather than focusing on his persona like most of you are doing.

I don't see the inconsistencies in his claims because, like @Blackstar said in the beginning of her armchair psychological diagnose of the guy, the facts in his essay are searchable and available to all of us, if we gave a damn to look for them.

The rest of it is his OPINION and what you people are doing is attacking his opinion and the person, not discussing the facts. 

Not sure how the guy is pretending his opinion is anything other than that. Maybe for people who get bewildered by someone writing above average it might have sounded like something else, but if you do not have problems with text comprehension are used to reading something else than just comics and social media, his post should appear as just his solely opinion.

1 hour ago, killuridols said:

I don't have any language barrier that prevents me from reading what I read from the "fellow poster", the dark spots in his posts are clear to me as well, but I ain't bothered because I am more interested in the core of his post, rather than tangling up on his racism. I'm not saying those things should be overlooked and I'm glad someone else has highlighted the flaws of his argument, but this time I wanted to focus on what he says about the band, rather than focusing on his persona like most of you are doing.

I don't see the inconsistencies in his claims because, like @Blackstar said in the beginning of her armchair psychological diagnose of the guy, the facts in his essay are searchable and available to all of us, if we gave a damn to look for them.

The rest of it is his OPINION and what you people are doing is attacking his opinion and the person, not discussing the facts. 

Not sure how the guy is pretending his opinion is anything other than that. Maybe for people who get bewildered by someone writing above average it might have sounded like something else, but if you do not have problems with text comprehension are used to reading something else than just comics and social media, his post should appear as just his solely opinion.

I agree that people were directly going after him to some extent, but that was nothing compared to what he himself had already said to other posters here, so I don't really give a fuck. Once you attack other people like that, you've got to expect some backlash.

And people aren't bewildered, lacking text comprehension or uneducated (I'd be willing to bet the people calling him out are among the more highly educated people on this board, actually), they just aren't impressed by the way "fellow poster" likes to present and sell his opinion, as well as the way he talks to/about other people.

But anyway, I just saw @alfierose said to drop this topic in the post above yours (which I think is a good idea), so take it to PMs if you really care so much about this.

Back on topic:

The pessimist in me thinks they'll tour some more and then they'll go back to whatever it is they like to do: AC/DC, SMKC, Duff stuff.... Nothing interesting will happen and it will suck.

But then again, lots of things I'd never believed would happen did actually happen in the last two years, so a small part of me is also hoping for some new music after all.

Edited by Frey
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Frey said:

The pessimist in me thinks they'll tour some more and then they'll go back to whatever it is they like to do: AC/DC, SMKC, Duff stuff.... Nothing interesting will happen and it will suck.

But then again, lots of things I'd never believed would happen did actually happen in the last two years, so a small part of me is also hoping for some new music after all.

That's what I think. I so doubt that there will be any more music I feel almost certain about it. Aaand it will suck immensely.

And: what except the reunion of the Three Stooges has happend that you didn't believe would?

Edited by Tori72

1 minute ago, Tori72 said:

That's what I think. I so doubt that there will be any more music I feel almost certain about it. Aaand it will suck immensely.

And: what except the reunion of the Three Stooges has happend that you didn't believe would?

- Things like Coma becoming a staple in the set list. Or Slash playing CD songs, especially ones like Sorry, which I used to believe is about Slash (though I nowadays agree with @Blackstar that it isn't, or at least it's only partly about Slash). Slightly bizarre things like them playing The Seeker every night in the encore.

- Axl singing for AC/DC and getting adopted by the Youngs :scared:

- Steven being thrown a bone at all. After the way he talked about Slash and Duff not too long ago (and the stuff he revealed about these two), I wouldn't have been surprised if they'd told him to fuck off completely. And Axl never got along with Steven all that well anyway, so...

- Izzy being the one to not be involved in any way at all. Going by past events (i.e. Izzy frequently hanging out and appearing with Axl, while Slash and Axl were wallowing in bitterness), Izzy would have appeared as the least problematic guy to bring into this venture, purely on a relationship-level.

- Them actually pulling off a complete no media/interviews policy. I'd always expected them to do at least a couple of interviews and give us some kind of explanation at least. The two interviews we did get don't count, because those are completely weird and unexpected in themselves.

- And while that is similar to the reunion... Slash and Axl talking at all. I used to think they'd both be buried in their graves full of bitterness and resentment about each other. What's more, they actually seem to enjoy being around each other again (at least on stage), which is a small miracle lol.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Frey said:

And people aren't bewildered, lacking text comprehension or uneducated (I'd be willing to bet the people calling him out are among the more highly educated people on this board, actually), they just aren't impressed by the way "fellow poster" likes to present and sell his opinion, as well as the way he talks to/about other people.

But anyway, I just saw @alfierose said to drop this topic in the post above yours (which I think is a good idea), so take it to PMs if you really care so much about this.

Why should anyone be impressed by what he says? It is an opinion worded out in a different way (different for the average poster and reader). I found it very funny how he talks about "the most dangerous pianist in the world" :lol: and I dont see how that's terribly offensive.

He also mentions "Duff Money"... do you know there is a certain thread in this forum where people have nicknamed Duff "Ned Flanders"?? I would bet my ass I've seen you posting in that thread and interacting with the ones who omit Duff's name but somehow those people seem to get a pass to that just because... ?

No, I dont care much about this so I'll leave it here and I hope @JustanUrchincomes back to address the questionable comments he's made to other forum posters, if they feel so offended by them. 

9 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Why should anyone be impressed by what he says? It is an opinion worded out in a different way (different for the average poster and reader). I found it very funny how he talks about "the most dangerous pianist in the world" :lol: and I dont see how that's terribly offensive.

He also mentions "Duff Money"... do you know there is a certain thread in this forum where people have nicknamed Duff "Ned Flanders"?? I would bet my ass I've seen you posting in that thread and interacting with the ones who omit Duff's name but somehow those people seem to get a pass to that just because... ?

I wasn't saying anyone should literally be impressed, it's just a figure of speech (though some people certainly appeared to be fooled into thinking the guy is some kind of insider or whatever). And I also wasn't talking about the "the most dangerous pianist in the world" or "Duff Money" comments, those are pretty run of the mill on this board (though when viewed within the context of the entire posts those certainly aren't funny to me either). I was talking about what Blackstar pointed out- the distastefulness of the imagery and themes applied and the vibes these posts give off as a consequence. Which were then confirmed in later off-topic posts as far as I'm concerned. Compared to that, calling Duff Ned Flanders seems relatively harmless. But seriously, let's drop this or take it somewhere else.

• Like 2

I kind of hope that November 25th is the end of NITL so they have the entirety of 2018 free. Whether it's AC/DC and SMKC stuff or a new Guns album, after already seeing them on this tour I'd be more excited to see what's next rather than an extended run, even though if they did do another show near me I'd definitely go.

• Like 1

On 2.7.2017 at 0:04 AM, killuridols said:

No, I dont care much about this so I'll leave it here and I hope @JustanUrchincomes back to address the questionable comments he's made to other forum posters, if they feel so offended by them. 

On 2.7.2017 at 0:36 AM, Frey said:

I was talking about what Blackstar pointed out- the distastefulness of the imagery and themes applied and the vibes these posts give off as a consequence. Which were then confirmed in later off-topic posts as far as I'm concerned. Compared to that, calling Duff Ned Flanders seems relatively harmless. But seriously, let's drop this or take it somewhere else.

Sometimes I call him Duff sometimes I call him Ned. The name may have started out as slightly condescending (due to the negative feelings when it came more and more clear that this tour would be just a semi -reunion instead of an actual reunion of the classic lineup) , but by now I consider it to be just a nickname for Duff McKagan. And I was genuinely happy when I saw Ned/Duff on Saturday.:)  Obviously this is my view on this matter and everyone else can speak for themselves.  

But I don't want to derail this thread back to the debate that alfierose wanted to end. Let's move on folks. 

I just came back from Prague. A dream came try but also I felt some kind of sadness.

What will happened with the band after the tour ends?

In this tour the band members are united by the old G'n'R art but does these guys have a future together? Do you see them staying together, creating new album? I wish but somehow I do not believe it.

Have any of you heard something about the GNR's future?

Guns 'n' Roses is my favorite band ever and I wish the legend to stay alive.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Sosso said:

2018-2019: New AC/DC / SMKC / Loaded albums and tours   New GN'R album and tour

2020-2022: New GN'R album and tour

fixed

Edited by t-p-d-a
  • Like 1