What does the future hold?

Who knows with this band. A lot of people thought it was the end in 2014 but then Axl came back with Slash and Duff. We might get an album, we might get nothing. If this tour is the end though, I hope they'd at least have the common courtesy to tell us. 

By the end of this tour, it will be summer in Australia, and I'll just go to the beach every day and look at hot women in bikinis and not give it a second thought. 

this will definitely happen

What I hope happens:

2018: NITL CD/Blu Ray gets released in January/February, new Axl/DC album and tour in the spring and summer, new GNR Best-of with 5~ new songs included and UCAP-style tour in the winter. SMKC album somewhere in there.

2019: More Axl/DC touring from January-March, GNR drop another new song around late March-April, release and tour a new album in the summer. Continue the tour through 2020 and then everyone goes back to their other projects.

*somewhere in time* a Chinese Democracy box-set with early versions and all the unreleased stuff.

What will probably happen:

2018: More NITL shows at the beginning and end of the year, Axl/DC album and tour for most of the year. NITL CD/Blu Ray somewhere in there.

2019: New GH with maybe a couple new songs. More touring (maybe a theatre-residency?)

2020: New album. Maybe.

Edited by Gordon Comstock

What the hell is going on in here?

Quoting the last four pages to or about me seems excessive.  And I won’t pretend that I read it all.  I understood even less.  But, on the whole, these four pages are equal parts entertaining, amusing and disturbing. 

Who I am is unimportant.  What I know and have been able to convey here and elsewhere is.  It’s reflected, time and again, in the metrics that matter to me.

Regarding the sordid obsession with my ‘motivation’ (after hooking an actual opinion to one of my posts), including the homoerotic homoerotica and the xenophobia-phobia dissertations from fellow posters in the prior pages, my motivation is views.  Views mean eyes.  Eyes on unwrapped legal fact and meaning is influence.  The tail wags the dog of a conglomerate like LN—or an attached tick, if you prefer, forcing a biz acknowledgment and (sssssshhhh) a potential correction.  Said correction may spur negotiation. 

I targeted two threads—the “Apollo” thread and this one.  While the bulk of my posts are a repetitious recitation of legal fact for (new/all) eyes, it’s a zero sum game if the (right) eyes aren’t on a thread.  The views in the “Apollo” thread grew at a rapid rate as fellow posters carried on the factual theme.  This thread languished.  After reciting legal fact and coupling it to (stark) opinion, this thread ballooned and will assuredly now soar north of 6k.  Objective accomplished.

Eyes matter on substantive content—‘likes,’ mentions, retweets, reposts and on and on.  Contrarianism doesn’t.

If you’re a fan of AFD, then, by implication, you’re a ‘fan’ of my efforts.  Gn'R fans are and remain badass.

On 7/2/2017 at 5:57 AM, AlexC said:

I kind of hope that November 25th is the end of NITL so they have the entirety of 2018 free. Whether it's AC/DC and SMKC stuff or a new Guns album, after already seeing them on this tour I'd be more excited to see what's next rather than an extended run, even though if they did do another show near me I'd definitely go.

The problem with any extended break is that Axl ain't getting any younger.  I mean even a 1-2 year break then they return and Axl is what- pushing 60 in 2-3 years right.   Sucks but it's true.  Although 69 year old Hagar still kicking ass.  

They should retire and spend their insane pile of money. But more importantly release them classic GNFNR videos from the vault if they wanna make some serious money #notinthislifetime 

Edited by FRANSAD

What a normal band would do: Work on song ideas, record those ideas, release an album, tour again. 

What GNRs gonna do: Spend all the loot at Taco Bell then get back to NITL 2: Pittmans Revenge. 

• Like 1

Just heard a big rumour from a pretty reliable source - AXL/ACDC tour end of 2018

Apparently Angus all excited after playing with Axl/GNR. Wants to do more touring

Edited by Gibbo
  • Like 3

I think when the tour ends slash and axl should hook up with this guy izzy and they should get into the same room, start living in the same orbit and they should write some songs that one of the best rhythm sections in rock n roll can get behind.  

that's right I said it, duff and Steven are one of the best bass/drum foundations in the history of music.   

axl should get proper management and stay away from fake ac/dc.  anything purportedly called ac/dc should be declined and axl's focus should be on rebuilding a writing  relationship with izzy. 

7 minutes ago, Gibbo said:

Just heard a big rumour from a pretty reliable source - AXL/ACDC tour end of 2018

Apparently Angus all excited after playing with Axl/GNR. Wants to do more touring

I'm cool with that, plenty time for GNR to record something. 

Oh wait... Its Axl we're talkin bout

• Like 1

5 hours ago, galina_rs said:

I just came back from Prague. A dream came try but also I felt some kind of sadness.

What will happened with the band after the tour ends?

In this tour the band members are united by the old G'n'R art but does these guys have a future together? Do you see them staying together, creating new album? I wish but somehow I do not believe it.

Have any of you heard something about the GNR's future?

Guns 'n' Roses is my favorite band ever and I wish the legend to stay alive.

I'm will feel sadness ??

• Like 1

On 1 July 2017 at 5:55 AM, Bluefish18 said:

Doesn't much matter who he is as long as he keeps coming up with nuggets like "Worlds most dangerous pianist"! Spit my coffee all over the screen with that one.... I personally think he makes some valid points.  I'm intrigued to see what happens in the next few weeks.  Definitely not MSL - he's been extremely quiet since he handed over the GNRTruth reigns to the over sensitive Morrison wannabe.

Haha yeah the Morisson wannabeis a would be if he could be. Major try hard. 

• Like 1

Maybe it is like comedians who think it's their anecdotes that make them funny when really it's just the comedic triggers they unconsciously use. So an artist has to wait for the right emotions and to represent that as good as possible. But the listeners are happy with just the riffs and vocals, they don't listen to the artist's creative process and therefore don't take it in to account. 

Wouldn't be surprised to see Axl disappear for a few years if the AC/DC thing is over. 

Sounds bad but when Axl isolates himself he has the time to get ideas together for a record, autobiography, who knows but I think it would be good for him. Touring will take its tole eventually. 

So yea, I know he's already 55 but he can't maintain this blistering pace of touring going into his late 50's...he'll need rest. 

What I would like to see if he takes a break is to see him jump on stage in between for some guest appearances...nothing big just a song or two. Maybe he can compose something for a movie if given the opportunity...CD shows he has potential here 

29 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

The Spaghetti Incident Part 2 with The Seeker, Black Hole Sun, Rosie etc - all the nefarious covers.

Throw on special guests like Slash's debut solo album. Angus, Baz, Alice Cooper?