If Axl likes Slash and Duff's playing on CD songs...

if gnr ever releases anything again and thats a big IF, id be willing to bet a years salary on the fact that slash will be on every song. it would be fucking retarded if he wasnt... ppl in general dont care about bumble bucket or ashba, hence the reason they werent selling out stadiums

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Wagszilla said:

I wouldn't advise that.

If Axl wants to start his own label and find a distributor like Trent did, that'd be great, but the record company owns CD II and Axl would have to negotiate a deal for the rights.

I dont think those songs are tied to any label/record company as they havent been officialy finished.Those must be considered just demos by them. 

Is GNR with any label right now btw?

Just now, default_ said:

I dont think those songs are tied to any label/record company as they havent been officialy finished.Those must be considered just demos by them. 

Is GNR with any label right now btw?

Geffen/Universal(?) paid for most of the recording of the CD sessions, so I think Geffen/Universal still owns those songs. Anything written after 2007-8 might be owned Black Frog (Axl) but the Bucket/Brain/Finck stuff is all owned by Universal or whatever label paid for them I think.

• Like 1

On 8/3/2017 at 11:40 PM, uzi your illusion said:

I love CD so much. I dug the vision, the journey, and most importantly the songs.  I would kill to hear Axl, Slash, and Duff record together again, but not at CD 2's expense.

I know I'm in the minority, but it bums me out to think that songs Axl at one point may have deamed finished, may be added to or "enhanced" by Slash and Duff in an effort to make the new album a better reflection of the current players and more commercially viable.

There is no way if CD 2 was put out without any touches of Slash and Duff, with the current lineup touring, it would get a fair shake. I'd be afraid all the goodwill that Axl has built up over the last couple of years would be undone. 

People would give him so much shit that they wouldn't give the music a fair shake, and wouldn't have any respect for his artistic integrity. It's these reasons that would have me hedge a guess that if CD 2 ever comes out it will be a mix of Bucket, Bumble, and Slash. And I can hear it now with the people saying that only the Slash songs are good.

My best case dream scenario is possibly getting a new album from the current lineup, and then maybe a version of the untouched CD2 as something to tide the hardcore fan base over.

Sorry your best case scenario is never gonna happen, why? GNR don't do anything for the hardcore fans, they know they don't have to and with that they don't bother. I'm not that clued wit every other band, but I can only think of one band off the top of my head that released a batch of songs just to please their hardcore fanbase and that was Metallicas Beyond Magnetic EP.

If Axl put out CD II tomorrow without Slash and Duff, it might be great etc. but it's simply not the album the masses want to hear... they want to hear an album with Slash, Duff and Axl... secondly they want a risk/adventure free record that's gonna blow their stereo up, they don't want to listen to CD II which Axl described as the more progressive batch of songs (In comparison to 2008's CD). I love CD, but I realise now that releasing further material from that time is pointless without including Slash and Duff. There were issues with CD that Duff and Slash might be able to fix "Axl does this song really need overdub #600? can we strip it back a bit?" etc.

I would love to hear the CD II material but as time goes by, it's more and more likely that we'll never hear that material and if we do it might only be portions of it, compared to a full album that was finished in 2014.

29 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Geffen/Universal(?) paid for most of the recording of the CD sessions, so I think Geffen/Universal still owns those songs. Anything written after 2007-8 might be owned Black Frog (Axl) but the Bucket/Brain/Finck stuff is all owned by Universal or whatever label paid for them I think.

The recording costs have been covered with the release of CD, fairly sure GNR own their masters, wasn't that a Niven deal they've had since before the release of UYI? Could be wrong though.

11 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

The recording costs have been covered with the release of CD, fairly sure GNR own their masters, wasn't that a Niven deal they've had since before the release of UYI? Could be wrong though.

I assume anything unreleased from the CD-era is still owned by Universal. Just because they released 14 songs doesn't mean they down own another 20 or 30 songs.

13 minutes ago, Wagszilla said:

In a perfect world, they would release the regular album and a chronology box-set in the future.

Or Axl fucks off with this AC/DC nonsense, releases CD II solo / as a new band and records a new album with Slash and Duff or retires GNR.

A CD-era boxset is the holy grail, IMO. But, I think an Axl/DC album is the best possibility right now. I imagine a lot of 'Stuck Inside' and 'Back in the Saddle' type vocals, and I think it'll come out sooner than a GNR album...

I'm curious if some of the tracks from CD II will feauture two bassists when Slash and Duff will add some overdubs.

It's not that unrealistic because some of the CD tracks have two bass tracks too - TWAT and Madagascar (Stinson and Pitman).

Edited by Sosso

2 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I assume anything unreleased from the CD-era is still owned by Universal. Just because they released 14 songs doesn't mean they down own another 20 or 30 songs.

A CD-era boxset is the holy grail, IMO. But, I think an Axl/DC album is the best possibility right now. I imagine a lot of 'Stuck Inside' and 'Back in the Saddle' type vocals, and I think it'll come out sooner than a GNR album...

Aerosmith's "Back in the Saddle"?

7 hours ago, Wagszilla said:
  • Classic Rock
    • "In addition to these leaked tracks, Classic Rock has heard versions of Rhiad And The Bedouins, Prostitute, Atlas Shrugged (another track featuring the signature guitar of Brian May) and Silkworms." (Classic Rock, 07/07)
  • Bumble
    • "Atlas Shrugged, I was going to tell a little story about that song. Right now on my laptop, I actually have the old guitar solo that I played for that song, when, two days before the album was going to be mastered, I was like, let's see if we can squeeze it on to the album. I busted out some guitar tracks for it, I have my own studio...

Welps - another potentially great song ruined. :shrugs:

4 hours ago, Sosso said:

I'm curious if some of the tracks from CD II will feauture two bassists when Slash and Duff will add some overdubs.

It's not that unrealistic because some of the CD tracks have two bass tracks too - TWAT and Madagascar (Stinson and Pitman).

Right.  That's just what we need.  25 guitar players, 2 keyboard players, 2 drummers ... and now 2 bassists !

• Like 3

On 4.8.2017 at 0:53 AM, ShadowOfTheWave said:

Every song on CD destroyed the filler on the Illusions.

Every filler on the Illusions destroys 3/4 οf the CD material.

But I get it in some way. When you aren't that much into rock music like hard rock, classic rock or bluesrock then records like AFD, Lies and Illusions ain't your kind of records. Classics or not.

When you get introduced to New Guns first and you even love them you may expect something else when hearing the real deal. It's just not the same music. It's something entirely different and it depends on which kind of genre you prefer.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Wagszilla said:

It never fails to amaze me how members on here can pull statements out of their ass when:

• Tom Zutaut
  • Classic Rock
  • Axl
  • Bumblefoot

Have all confirmed it's existence.

In addition, insiders have mentioned that Slash and Duff were in the studio played on the track in early 2016. That last one could be taken with a grain of salt.

Check yourself before you wreck yourself.

I did not wreck myself, as until any single one of you or I on here have heard the song 'Atlas Shrugged', it does not exist. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, SevenMichaels said:

I did not wreck myself, as until any single one of you or I on here have heard the song 'Atlas Shrugged', it does not exist. 

Everyone talks so much about this song, then just imagine when they release it it is some buckethead nonsense like shacklers revenge ?

Edited by default_
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, SevenMichaels said:

It does exist as a demo with many overdubs and layers from the several band members.