If Guns would play a Velvet Revolver song, which song it should be?

49 minutes ago, Padme said:

There was a rumor about it. I think it came from a chick who got invited to a party with Axl. I don't know the whole thing. But apparently Axl started talking with that chick  and other people inside the tour bus. They had a radio on, and By The Sword was playing. Somebody tried to turn the radio off. And Axl told that person not to do it because he liked the song. IF  this thing is true. Axl heard the song before. Because he recognized it when it was played on that radio

You're right, I remember this story. I think I forget about it because I tend to not believe in such rumors. But that's just me.

3 hours ago, Free Bird said:

Where did you read that?

3 hours ago, Padme said:

There was a rumor about it. I think it came from a chick who got invited to a party with Axl. I don't know the whole thing. But apparently Axl started talking with that chick  and other people inside the tour bus. They had a radio on, and By The Sword was playing. Somebody tried to turn the radio off. And Axl told that person not to do it because he liked the song. IF  this thing is true. Axl heard the song before. Because he recognized it when it was played on that radio

2 hours ago, Free Bird said:

You're right, I remember this story. I think I forget about it because I tend to not believe in such rumors. But that's just me.

I wouldn't call this a "rumor".

It was simply a report  from a girl who got invited backstage and everything she said seemed credible enough/is supported by other incidents we know about. There was nothing particulary outragous or interesting about what she said, so she probably wasn't trying to make shit up to get attention.

Much more credible than 90% of the "insider info" and actual rumors that get discussed here (and often treated as fact) on a daily basis in any case.

6 minutes ago, Frey said:

I wouldn't call this a "rumor".

It was simply a report  from a girl who got invited backstage and everything she said seemed credible enough/is supported by other incidents we know about. There was nothing particulary outragous or interesting about what she said, so she probably wasn't trying to make shit up to get attention.

Much more credible than 90% of the "insider info" and actual rumors that get discussed here (and often treated as fact) on a daily basis in any case.

I don't say it couldn't be true. It's cool if that happend but I'm still careful with such storys.

• Like 1

Not sure if it's been mentioned yet in this thread, but aren't Slither and Fall To Pieces re-worked versions of unreleased GNR songs?

Slither kinda sounds like Bring It Back Home, and I coulda sworn I heard the Fall To Pieces riff in the Making of Estranged video. I also kinda remember Axl saying it was one of the songs slash was working on for the canned 1996 album.

so, if anything, they would probably do one of those two songs. Doubt it, though.

Edited by rocknroll41

On 8/7/2017 at 5:53 AM, Frey said:

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

And Axl reportedly liked (or even loved) By the Sword. So I assume there's probably some more of Slash's solo stuff that Axl enjoys.

Maybe they should do a Slash solo song instead of a VR song.

Remember that story of the girl on Axls bus (apparently) and You're a lie came on the radio and they were gonna turn it off but Axl said not to and that he liked the song. I really don't think it's a case of not liking the material, maybe it's that they don't want to delve into that stuff on this tour, preferring to keep it to The typical set and a few covers for shit and giggles... having said all that, I really have no idea :D

*Edit* someone got there first and seem to have the story the proper story... :P

Edited by Tom2112

5 hours ago, Nosaj Thing said:

If he's singing This I Love absolute horrid lyrics in every show, he can sing any Myles material.

TIL lyrics though, horrible or not, are his and he knows why he wrote them. Singing horrible lyrics written by someone else is too much.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Some of Myles' lyrics are not bad. There is nothing excruciatingly painful as 'Sorry' in there.

No, Sorry lyrics, while questionable, are amusing at least, Myles' stuff is just generic and boring.

13 minutes ago, Nosaj Thing said:

You are unable to see the dog excrement that is Sorry when compared to Myles' generic radio station lyrics.  Odd.

I'd rather listen to Sorry than most of Myles' stuff any day.

Pills, Demons & Etc. My favourite VR song, and it also would fit as a tribute to Weiland as it was a tribute by him to his brother originally who also passed away because of drugs.

Edit: lol, I also I love showing up to threads like this with my profile pic:lol: Anyone who claims Myles only writes radio friendly generic lyrics clearly is not familiar with his AB stuff, especially AB III. Avalon and Iris Of The Storm are 2 of my favourite lyrics by him. And The Unholy? The Writing On The Wall? Words Darker Than Their Wings? Totally generic radio material right there

But I can't blame people for not knowing songs like those, if you aren't a fan of ones voice you're not gonna check their back catalogue, but instead go and form an opinion on what you've heard (which most likely ARE the radio singles then, go figure).

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 2

45 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

"But I don't want to do eeeet"🎶🎤🎶=funniest lyric ever. Sorry. 

I don't get the hate towards Myles. 

Haha! I love how he sings that lyric. ^^  But what else is he gonna say? It's a straight-forward response to a straight-forward accusation. No, the lyrics aren't beautiful or poetic or witty.  They are plain, direct, blunt. No bullshit, no trying to be clever or ambiguous, and that's what I like about them.  

About Myles.  I don't hate him, but I don't find him a compelling singer or writer.  He's good, no doubt about it.  I could never put my finger on why he just wasn't doing anything for me vocally until I heard him sing Promise (fail) and By the Sword (epic fail). When I heard Andrew Stockdale sing that live and compared it with Myles, those two are leagues apart.  Myles is good.  Andrew is shooting for Robert Plant territory.  I might check out the songs recommended by @StrangerInThisTown 

The only VR song I'd want Guns to cover is Falling to Pieces. 

Let's try and get this topic back on track:

If you like VR and would like to hear GN'R do a song of their, post it here.

If you dislike VR and have a post that has nothing to do with this topic, post it somewhere else.

Thanks!

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Let's try and get this topic back on track:

If you like VR and would like to hear GN'R do a song of their, post it here.

If you dislike VR and have a post that has nothing to do with this topic, post it somewhere else.

Thanks!

I dislike VR but would like to hear GN'R do a song of theirs.

I'm a complicated person.

• Like 3

This thread got me cranking some VR the whole 2 hour ride heading on vacation and it was freaking awesome.  I love VR and think it would be cool to hear anything but I think Fall To Pieces would be the wisest choice. It was a bit over played but it is an amazing song and would most likely go over well with the majority of the audience..

i love VR 's contraband and listen frequently. Libertad not so much. I dont think axls voice would work with a VRsong. Scotts voice is low where axls is high, so dont think axls voice would do the VRsongs justice. No disrespect to axl just different ways of singing.

30 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

I dont think axls voice would work with a VRsong. Scotts voice is low where axls is high

Axl sings low on many songs like It's So Easy, Patience, Don't Cry, Brownstone, You're Crazy (LIES) and so on..

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

i love VR 's contraband and listen frequently. Libertad not so much. I dont think axls voice would work with a VRsong. Scotts voice is low where axls is high, so dont think axls voice would do the VRsongs justice. No disrespect to axl just different ways of singing.

Listen to Bad Obsession, Axl could do any of em