If Guns would play a Velvet Revolver song, which song it should be?

2 hours ago, Blackstar said:

As far as I know he hasn't said it in public. Marc Canter said Axl liked it overall, although he was critical about parts of it (like "this part would be better if...").

How would Marc even know? As far as I understand it, Marc is primarily Slash's friend. I doubt Axl and Marc had that much contact before the fall-out when Marc released his book.

19 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

How would Marc even know? As far as I understand it, Marc is primarily Slash's friend. I doubt Axl and Marc had that much contact before the fall-out when Marc released his book.

At that time Axl and Marc were still friends. Nobody is saying that Axl and Marc were together everyday. But since they were still speaking to each other, it is possible that at some point the issue of VR/Contraband was brought up during some conversation.

I think if Marc said that Axl liked Contraband it is because either Axl or someone close to Axl told that to Marc 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Padme said:

At that time Axl and Marc were still friends. Nobody is saying that Axl and Marc were together everyday. But since they were still speaking to each other, it is possible that at some point the issue of VR/Contraband was brought up during some conversation.

I think if Marc said that Axl liked Contraband it is because either Axl or someone close to Axl told that to Marc 

Yeah, it must have been. For some reason I am not sure they were very close, but yeah, they might have spoken occasionally and then Axl may have said that. I see no reason to not trust Marc on this.

43 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

From what I remember from Marc's conversations, he actually was bigger pals with Rose around the early-mid 00s (until Rose had a hissy fit over his book), or at least saw far more of Rose.

Marc said Beta used to call him and ask him not to talk about Slash when Axl was on his way to see him, but Axl would always bring up Slash when they were talking. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Yeah, it must have been. For some reason I am not sure they were very close, but yeah, they might have spoken occasionally and then Axl may have said that. I see no reason to not trust Marc on this.

Yes, like others said they were probably talking once in a while. Marc said that Axl himself talked to him about Contraband. When Libertad came out they had fallen out because of the book, but he said he heard from a common friend that Axl liked that too.

17 hours ago, OmarBradley said:

Slither was listed as an alternate. Not sure if they every sound-checked it. Regardless, it dropped off the alternate list some time ago. My guess is Axl didn't like singing it/how he sounded on it.

Duff should sing Slither - be a jam song that the band would kill 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Tadsy said:

On a side note, has anyone seen canter on these pages in the last 16 months? 

Has he managed to sort his friendship with axl out? 

I think Marc is speaking with the whole band - The band isnt talking and neither is Marc - if he wasnt talking to them I am sure u would see some posts on here - The lure and the unknown of GNR- I LOVE IT just like back in the day -nobody knows nothing(media) except the band and their inner circle - cool as fuck 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, OmarBradley said:

Slither was listed as an alternate. Not sure if they every sound-checked it. Regardless, it dropped off the alternate list some time ago. My guess is Axl didn't like singing it/how he sounded on it.

Duff should sing Slither - be a jam song that the band would kill -- ILLEGAL EYE WOULD BE BAD ASS 

• Like 1

I have barely ever listened to Velvet Revolver, they just weren't for me but I did enjoy a few tunes off Contraband. After seeing this thread, I listened to Fall to Pieces for the first time in years and I would much prefer to hear Axl do that than The Seeker or any of the jams/solo's.

Just now, default_ said:

waaay better than all the generic crap VR has released :shrugs:

You clearly don't understand the word generic. Myles is the definition of a generic songwriter, the lyrics he's written sound like everything else on the radio. Scott Weiland was one of the most personal songwriters out there.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Frey said:

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

And Axl reportedly liked (or even loved) By the Sword. So I assume there's probably some more of Slash's solo stuff that Axl enjoys.

Maybe they should do a Slash solo song instead of a VR song.

Where did you read that?

13 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

Where did you read that?

There was a rumor about it. I think it came from a chick who got invited to a party with Axl. I don't know the whole thing. But apparently Axl started talking with that chick  and other people inside the tour bus. They had a radio on, and By The Sword was playing. Somebody tried to turn the radio off. And Axl told that person not to do it because he liked the song. IF  this thing is true. Axl heard the song before. Because he recognized it when it was played on that radio

Edited by Padme

44 minutes ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

You clearly don't understand the word generic. Myles is the definition of a generic songwriter, the lyrics he's written sound like everything else on the radio. Scott Weiland was one of the most personal songwriters out there.

So what? Instrumentally VR sounds like shit, uninspired and totally unfocused. Songs with no extructure and poorly arranged, most of the songs sound the same fuckin riff  for the whole song, no variation, totally bland and Weiland voice is even more generic than Myles. And I hate Myles voice. 

Velvet Revolver is one of the most bland bands that has ever been around, Im glad they're long gone.