If Guns would play a Velvet Revolver song, which song it should be?

24 minutes ago, OmarBradley said:

Slither was listed as an alternate. Not sure if they every sound-checked it. Regardless, it dropped off the alternate list some time ago. My guess is Axl didn't like singing it/how he sounded on it.

I think Axl just don´t want to sing any VR songs because of history etc. Or maybe he just don´t like those songs at all.

I always thought the song "She Mine" off of Libertad would particularly work with Axl- Weiland's high notes seems forced and strange sounding. Messages is a song that I think would work with Axl's "Brownstone" type voice, but the chance of them ever playing a VR song let alone the deep cuts is sadly a pipe dream.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Dissident said:

Id love to hear Slither or Fall to pieces even if we ended up having Duff sing one of them instead of his Punk covers. That being said i doubt Axl will sing any of Slash's non-GNR material. As we can see he would rather add a few more covers instead

You're spot on. Like I said in another thread. Axl hates & envys Slash, that's why he doesn't acknowledge Slash's stuff. Axl probably still thinks Slash is a cancer. 

23 minutes ago, thunderram said:

Just curious, where have you heard or read that?

As far as I know he hasn't said it in public. Marc Canter said Axl liked it overall, although he was critical about parts of it (like "this part would be better if...").

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 3

Slither or Fall to Pieces is mainstream answer. You Got No Right, Gravedancer, or even Loving The Alien, especially Loving The Alien because IIRC it was never played live due to multiple guitar part, but now they got 2 keyboard player who can help to emulate it.

But i guess they never play it because Slash merge it with SMKC catalog since SMKC can't simply play GNR song anymore, it would be cheap as hell if Slash belt out some GNR tunes with Myles while he right now can actually play the song with the real dude, Axl.

25 minutes ago, Muddy said:

Slither or Set Me Free. It's a shame they don't play any of the good post GNR stuff (snakepit, VR, slash and friends ), even playing 1 song a night would spice up the set nicely rather than a cover by AC/DC, Soundgarden, or The Who. 

It will never happen though, and most people at the shows are casual fans looking to hear the hits. Ozzy never sung a Dio era sabbath song , Axl will never sing a Weiland era GNR song. 

To be fair, Ozzy couldn't sing a Dio song even if he wanted to.

I'd like to hear any of the ballads, but particularly Fall To Pieces or You Got No Right. 

LOL at anyone suggesting Fall To Pieces. Yes please let's add another ballad to the set list and while we're at it let's add one of the all time shittiest songs. Good plan. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, GnrJasmin92 said:

You're spot on. Like I said in another thread. Axl hates & envys Slash, that's why he doesn't acknowledge Slash's stuff. Axl probably still thinks Slash is a cancer. 

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

As far as I know he hasn't said it in public. Marc Canter said Axl liked it overall, although he was critical about parts of it (like "this part would be better if...").

And Axl reportedly liked (or even loved) By the Sword. So I assume there's probably some more of Slash's solo stuff that Axl enjoys.

Maybe they should do a Slash solo song instead of a VR song.

• Like 1