THE OFFICIAL PROPER FOOTBALL THREAD 2020/21

Len Cnut

4 hours ago, killuridols said:

:lol: not Messi but now you have your Argie in the final, so be happy! :lol:

The FIFA Connection. A sleazy bald guy and a French crook plan to heist a bank vault deep inside a newly built 400 mil stadium. An EU agent and an Alt right agent race to find the codes to an ISIS nuke set to go off in Moscow. Conspiracy of Debt coming 2022..3...4

56 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Everyone hates England :lol:  Ah, fuck the lot of yous :lol:

Can't tell you don't ask for it everyday 😂

If world was GNR England would be Axl - once great but rememberd of arrongace, tantrums, self-worship and strange behaviour...

Edited by -Jaro-
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, -Jaro- said:

Can't tell you don't ask for it everyday 😂

If world was GNR England would be Axl - once great but rememberd of arrongace, tantrums, self-worship and strange behaviour...

I’ve always considered us to be quite self deprecating, no one takes the piss out of us more than us.  Strange behaviour, you got us there :lol:

1 hour ago, Padme said:

I don't hate England, far from it. :cry:

Sorry, I was being sort of general based on a lot of the responses of this thread.  Its odd to me because I dont think I’ve ever rooted for a country specifically to lose ever.  In club football maybe but thats to do with ingrained local rivalries and such.

46 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

I’ve always considered us to be quite self deprecating, no one takes the piss out of us more than us.  :lol:

Probably. I only make stupid jokes because there are a lot of you on here and you sometimes turn threads into a British lovefest, so I take the piss.

If there was a large Polish community on here, I'd be the first one to make bad Polish jokes.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, ChristmasFnatic said:

Yeah they are. I was in Paris last year, almost all wont help me when I ask for directions. lol. And Im not sure if its just me, but talking to them, it feels like they feel superior. Then again, it was in Paris. I read Parisians are like this, but not French from country side.

How is it feeling superior to speak the language of your own fucken country? :question:

They are superior.  If you’re in France and everyones speaking French and you can’t then they’re superior, linguistically superior, its nothing to be ashamed of to b lacking sometimes, given the right circumstances we’re all lacking on some level.  Spanish people speaking Spanish in Spain are superior to me cuz I can’t speak Spanish so I’m a step behind, there’s nothing wrong with that it’s just what it is.

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

8 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Everyone hates England :lol:  Ah, fuck the lot of yous :lol:

They do don't they?

Can't say there is a side of me that thinks we should have said, ''go fuck yourself Johnny Foreigner'' when the guy with the moustache took over their countries. I mean if that is all the gratitude we get, why did we bloody bother?

1 hour ago, Len Cnut said:

They are superior.  If you’re in France and everyones speaking French and you can’t then they’re superior, linguistically superior, its nothing to be ashamed of to b lacking sometimes, given the right circumstances we’re all lacking on some level.  Spanish people speaking Spanish in Spain are superior to me cuz I can’t speak Spanish so I’m a step behind, there’s nothing wrong with that it’s just what it is.

Russia organized this WC and they hardly speak any English and I dont see anyone saying they act superior. :shrugs:

2 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Russia organized this WC and they hardly speak any English and I dont see anyone saying they act superior. :shrugs:

I am sure they are decent people. In fact we should just dissolve Nato. All that stuff during the Cold War was clearly our fault. We'll dissolve Nato and leave you chaps to the Ruskies. Okay?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, AtariLegend said:

Speaking of superiority complexs. 

Well you. You. You have pelted this team with constant abuse since the beginning. It is absolutely absurd, the level of vitriol you have thrown at these young lads. You have never given England the benefit of the doubt. The Colombians tactic of essentially bundling our players down - tackles which would struggle for legality in Rugger - is completely ignored in favour of Henderson going down a bit theatrically - which - he did, but then that needed to be pointed out. At every stage you posted, ''lol go home England''. ''Bye Bye'' etc etc. Absolutely unacceptable and unsportsmanlike behaviour from someone whose team did not even qualify!

People give England fans grief but I have never once acted in such a manner. Go back among my posts and I have never wished a team to depart - I have had my preferences, certainly (I will root for Croatia tomorrow) but I wouldn't wish a departure on my own worst enemy as it is cruel fate for any nationality and every team has worked hard to be here. Argentina? Nope. Germans? Well I remember praising the Germans in 2014 for having the superior team and thus winning the thing.

Yet everywhere I go: ''LOL Englan''. ''Fuck off England''. ''Go home England''.

At least I have my dignity and have maintained basic decorum. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Well they're so decent and our team are so horrible, we''l leave you to it? It is a fair trade off.

What the hell, Señor Margarita? :lol:

I don't even know what you're talking about. The French are assholes acting superior? Well, they have reasons to be! Fuck, their culture and history is fucking amazing! I adore and admire so many French motherfuckers... surely, they don't care, lol. My thing is, why do they have to speak English to people who visit their country? Certainly, the British and Americans are all entitled thinking everybody should/must speak English. Very spoilt you are!

And about football, I didn't make fun of England at all, but I saw you saying nasty things about South American teams and making fun of Maradona fainting after our match and most of the time you suggested that we were all gonna "go home" and I remember you talking about a plane dropping all SA teams at once and same plane making a stop in China to drop Mascherano...... I mean..... why are you so mad now? :shrugs:

Yes, England made a bigger effort than previous English teams and now I'm sure they feel better because, objectively, you have advanced from where you were before. But so did many other teams! What's this special respect we must give to you?

Fair play my friend and get over it! 

Actuslly England won the same amount of games sgainst top teams as other WCs. 

Brazil kind of should been in the final. But the more tactical teams did better. Brazil and England were just playing. Both fell for Belgiums counter attack thing. 

Just my opinion on the whole French thing. I hope France loses tonight, for obvious reasons, but I do normally love France in general and Paris in particular. I do get @ChristmasFnatic when he says he felt Parisians felt superior. I have had that feeling in the past as well, plus it's  generally accepted that Parisians really do feel better than the rest :lol: I did think myself that that had gotten better over the years though. When I was last in Paris, I can't remember feeling looked down upon. I do speak French (well, as a foreigner), so maybe that makes a difference as well.

I agree with @killuridols in that English speaking people are spoiled and often just assume anyone can speak English. I hate that attitude. It's not even about trying to speak the language of the country you are a guest to, but even being annoyed at people there not understanding English. But in the case in Paris, it was a South American/Asian person. They could've tried to help him, tourism is very important to Paris after all, so I think they should be more accomodating to tourists. No need to behave like an asshole. I have heard similar stories from people who don't speak French, so I'm sure the mentality still exists, but I do think it's gotten a lot better these past decades, and I'm sure it will continue to improve. In the past, Paris could give a tourist the feeling of barely being tolerated there, while now they have become more friendly, is my experience.

Many French people still think French is the world language it used to be, that's probably part of the problem as well.

Lastly, I do hope you were joking though when you said they were entitled to feel superior, with all their history and culture :o

• Like 2

9 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Can't say there is a side of me that thinks we should have said, ''go fuck yourself Johnny Foreigner'' when the guy with the moustache took over their countries. I mean if that is all the gratitude we get, why did we bloody bother?

We show gratitude towards the Canadians who saved our asses mostly.

8 hours ago, killuridols said:

My thing is, why do they have to speak English to people who visit their country? Certainly, the British and Americans are all entitled thinking everybody should/must speak English. Very spoilt you are!

That's because most of those poor bastards only speak one language.

When I'm in France I'd love to speak French but unfortunately I don't speak it, and I'm not arrogant enough to think that they speak my native language, so English is the only way to go because it's one of the easiest languages in the world and most people speak it at least a little bit.

7 minutes ago, EvanG said:

We show gratitude towards the Canadians who saved our asses mostly.

You do realise the 1st Canadian Army, a multi-international formation, contained two entire British corps, I and XXX? The XXX included the Guards Armoured Division.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

You do realise the 1st Canadian Army, a multi-international formation, contained two entire British corps, I and XXX? The XXX included the Guards Armoured Division.

No, I only remember hearing their North American accents and that they gave us chocolate... it was 1945 and I had never tasted chocolate before.

The British had to attack the Nazis on the mainland because otherwise they would have occupied their little island sooner or later, so it's not like they were doing Europe a favour. But I'm willing to show gratitude towards anyone who fought in the war obviously, in whatever small or big way.

1 minute ago, EvanG said:

No, I only remember hearing their North American accents and that they gave us chocolate... it was 1945 and I had never tasted chocolate before.

The British had to attack the Nazis on the mainland because otherwise they would have occupied their little island sooner or later, so it's not like they were doing Europe a favour. But I'm willing to show gratitude towards anyone who fought in the war obviously, in whatever small or big way.

To do that the Luftwaffe would have had to gain air superiority over Britain, something which they failed at during the Battle of Britain (1940). Sea Lion was postponed indefinitely September-October 1940, German forces released for other fronts. D-Day/Liberation of Europe did not occur until 1944-45, so there is this big chronological gap in your theory.