11/29/17 - Los Angeles, CA - The Forum

gunsguy

I can't understand why some people can praise Axl for his voice in this condition.

2002 / 2006 / 2010 > 2017

(EDIT: 2010 was just seven years ago. Age isn't really an argument for me)

Edited by Sosso
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Sosso said:

I can't understand why some people can praise Axl for his voice in this condition.

2002 / 2006 / 2010 > 2017

(EDIT: 2010 was just seven years ago. Age isn't really an argument for me)

80s/90s > 2006 > 2010 > 2016-2017 > 2002(more stamina here, but the effort he did for NITL is definitely... okay I'll let people argue about this) > 2012-2014  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, GoForJMark said:

80s/90s > 2006 > 2010 > 2016-2017 > 2002(more stamina here, but the effort he did for NITL is definitely... okay I'll let people argue about this) > 2012-2014  

His clean voice still sounded powerful back in 2002. I would rather listen to a Nightrain performance from 2002 than from 2017

9 hours ago, GoForJMark said:

100% spot on. I know the 2002 voice is preferred by some but I never liked that voice personally. Shame because the 2002 lineup may be the most powerful Guns lineup musically but his voice always made me go “eh...” and makes listening to those boots harder. 

• Like 1

Yeah better really isnt all that great. However I really enjoyed Catcher, I kinda found a new liking for it through hearing all the little guitar stuff throughout, and the pace was nice and swift.

As for the vocals, it was ok in Catcher and besides the song is more or less clean on the album. Its not too different on this soundboard, maybe just a little more tired.

4 hours ago, OMF'NS said:

Commenting as a kid who listened to AFD for the first time in 5th grade on a yellow sony sports walkman , saw them in 1993 Reno NV, was there At the Vegas house of blues 01/01/01 and (perhaps a few more) I was fortunate enough to be at the Forum on 11/29. Let me just say the Forum show was every bit as magical and life changing as the first time I heard those guys on the playground 30 years ago. To comment on the "2002 / 2006 / 2010 > 2017 2010 was just seven years ago. Age isn't really an argument for me" business speak for yourself.   When I was in 5th grade I could put down a solid 5:15 mile.  I may have been faster in subsequent years ,but fuck me if I were to race my 5th grade self today. To hold the band to a historical standard is not only ridiculous, it is not something we could possibly hold ourselves to either.   I doubt anyone here is better, faster or stronger than their 1988 self. Yet, somehow these guys are here kicking just as much ass as we remember- even in our mind's eye.  The fact that we get to see Slash Duff and Axl on the same stage playing at the top of their game should make all us fans step back and and humbly say thanks to the guys for putting on a show that made us proud to be fans in the first place and become the hard core fans who stuck with them "through all the fucking shit." It hasn't always been easy to be a GNR fan, but Slash, Duff and Axl have gone out every night and proved, against all odds, to everyone who has shit to say that they were wrong and put on the best rock show on the planet- bar none. We should all be proud, as GNR fans, that they are every bit the ass kicking rock band we all believed they could be and more.  As I stood in crowd I was just stoked to be there and witness them do what they do best: Melting the faces off of a giant crowd.  So thanks guys.  Thanks for proving us right. GNR FTW.

No doubt dude!! Enough already with all the whining please. I’m grateful I was able to see them in Toronto on Nov. 29th. It was awesome!! 👍🏻😎

• Like 3

19 hours ago, OMF'NS said:

Commenting as a kid who listened to AFD for the first time in 5th grade on a yellow sony sports walkman , saw them in 1993 Reno NV, was there At the Vegas house of blues 01/01/01 and (perhaps a few more) I was fortunate enough to be at the Forum on 11/29. Let me just say the Forum show was every bit as magical and life changing as the first time I heard those guys on the playground 30 years ago. To comment on the "2002 / 2006 / 2010 > 2017 2010 was just seven years ago. Age isn't really an argument for me" business speak for yourself.   When I was in 5th grade I could put down a solid 5:15 mile.  I may have been faster in subsequent years ,but fuck me if I were to race my 5th grade self today. To hold the band to a historical standard is not only ridiculous, it is not something we could possibly hold ourselves to either.   I doubt anyone here is better, faster or stronger than their 1988 self. Yet, somehow these guys are here kicking just as much ass as we remember- even in our mind's eye.  The fact that we get to see Slash Duff and Axl on the same stage playing at the top of their game should make all us fans step back and and humbly say thanks to the guys for putting on a show that made us proud to be fans in the first place and become the hard core fans who stuck with them "through all the fucking shit." It hasn't always been easy to be a GNR fan, but Slash, Duff and Axl have gone out every night and proved, against all odds, to everyone who has shit to say that they were wrong and put on the best rock show on the planet- bar none. We should all be proud, as GNR fans, that they are every bit the ass kicking rock band we all believed they could be and more.  As I stood in crowd I was just stoked to be there and witness them do what they do best: Melting the faces off of a giant crowd.  So thanks guys.  Thanks for proving us right. GNR FTW.

This post right here needs to be framed. Well said, sir, well said. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • GNFNR 1

We need to appreciate this while it is here, with the personalities involved it could all go south pretty quick. Anyone that hasn't had a chance to see one of these "reunion" shows, should. My cousin was at this show and said the sound quality was excellent.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, The Archer said:

This was truly magical - one of the best nights of my life - my last GNR concert was also one of the best nights of my life, but it came the same week my ex-wife (who would never have gone to a GN'R concert) and I split. In the time since then, I found love again, with a girl who would go watch GN'R (finally!) with me, whom I could kiss during sweet child of mine and who is everything and more to me that the lyrics of the song speak of. (On the way back from LA, as part of an extended birthday celebration, we even joined the mile high club). To top it all, Axl and the boys were mind blowing. Magical night. I can now die happy as a gunner fan.

Oh , love you find a girl love GNR💏💑